Post by pipoy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:32 am

I am building a new opencart project. Im not sure when it started, but I just noticed that when my homepage is initially loaded, the browser is just loading for a 7-10 seconds. Then it starts to load up the website.
The 7-10 sec loading browser is the weird part. But the download process is fast.

I checked some of the leading online tools if how fast my website loads up.
It goes about 4-6 seconds depending which one you use.

Test my site by google is the slowest though at 11sec

I just migrated to another hosting. But I experience the same on either one. And my other sites are working fine.
So no issues there

Opencart 2.3.0.2
Mulitmerch
Journal Theme

https://beta.newgearday.com

Can you guys check?

Thanks

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:58 am

Painfully slow. Most if not all would probably give up before it loaded

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by rgbrewer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:05 am

I counted about 26 seconds.

Look for something like a dynamically loaded font that is timing out.

Post by pipoy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:28 pm

I really cannot find it. Im not sure if its journal theme as well.
if I disable journal, the site loads faster but only a little. The issue is still there though.

I have another cloned website without journal theme but all other custom modules I installed. The cloned website is normal. Its on a different hosting though

any more recommendations?
Is there such a thing as database cache? how to clear it?

Post by rgbrewer » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:17 pm

If you cloned the website and reloaded it without journal and it worked fine -- then I think the problem is likely within journal?

Backup everything, and start ripping stuff out until it gets better. Rip out all your images, rip out all your fonts. Whats it like if you delete the stylesheet?

Post by thekrotek » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:21 am

Problem is not with journal or any extension, because your site is not even starting to load for a long, long time. Most likely it's a connection or server issue. Either something's wrong with Apache or some PHP functions, which OpenCart uses on startup, are not working properly. A database connection issue is also possible, of course.

Anyway, currently it looks more like server/database issue, not theme or anything else.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by pipoy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:12 am

thekrotek wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:21 am
Problem is not with journal or any extension, because your site is not even starting to load for a long, long time. Most likely it's a connection or server issue. Either something's wrong with Apache or some PHP functions, which OpenCart uses on startup, are not working properly. A database connection issue is also possible, of course.

Anyway, currently it looks more like server/database issue, not theme or anything else.
This is what I thought at first but I have another opencart hosted on same server. As well as a forum website.
They are loading normally.

And this also happens on my old hosting. I also downloaded it on my local PC with xampp, and same issue. So yeah it's probably on the codes.
But I see what you mean. The loading part is really taking a long time but the download process is extremely fast which is pretty weird

Post by pipoy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:13 am

rgbrewer wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:17 pm
If you cloned the website and reloaded it without journal and it worked fine -- then I think the problem is likely within journal?

Backup everything, and start ripping stuff out until it gets better. Rip out all your images, rip out all your fonts. Whats it like if you delete the stylesheet?
I did what you suggested.

I went to \catalog\view\theme\journal2 and deleted the stylesheet folder

Nothing happens with the website really. and I mean literally nothing. Isn't supposed to be the stylesheet folder keeps everything in place? Why is that when I deleted it, all CSS are still working?

I removed cached already

Post by thekrotek » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Do an easy test: Create a subfolder and install clean OpenCart. If everything works fine, then you'll have to manually move your database to clean installation and install everything from scratch. If not - server issue.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by daveyoi » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:49 pm

If using VqMod check the size of your checked.cache file - we had an issue with one site where that file was spammed with an entry every request and ended up being millions of lines long which caused us massive slow down while processing each request.

Details here
https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/issues/94

Otherwise, I agree with the posts above - this will be a database query issue and you need to get some monitoring on the queries to find out which 1 is causing the issue.

Tristar Web Solutions

Post by pipoy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:07 am

thekrotek wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:04 pm
Do an easy test: Create a subfolder and install clean OpenCart. If everything works fine, then you'll have to manually move your database to clean installation and install everything from scratch. If not - server issue.
Ill check this out.
daveyoi wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:49 pm
If using VqMod check the size of your checked.cache file - we had an issue with one site where that file was spammed with an entry every request and ended up being millions of lines long which caused us massive slow down while processing each request.

Details here
https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/issues/94

Otherwise, I agree with the posts above - this will be a database query issue and you need to get some monitoring on the queries to find out which 1 is causing the issue.

I always do this when I migrate. But just to make sure, I still did what you asked but nothing happened

Can you guys check again? I enabled journal caching and there is a minifier as well. It seems better now.

Post by rgbrewer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:30 am

Looks good. I was fully loaded in about 3-4 seconds.