Post by GilesM » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:59 am

I am looking to integrate OpenCart with the SquareUp POS and I am looking for the API guide.

All I can find is this: http://docs.opencart.com/system/users/api/

Is OC really this badly documented?

PGM

Don't pay for simple mods
My free modules: Filter resets in admin, Add extra flat shipping, Improved Admin Product Search and Canned Messages.
My site uses (free): Modification refresh button, Additional Alert Email Fix, TLT Structured Data
My site uses (paid): Journal2, Restrict catalog by customer group

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:24 am

GilesM wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:59 am
Is OC really this badly documented?
Very. And always was. This is why there're tons and tons similar basic questions all over the forum.

You'd better ask specific questions about API. What exactly are you interested in?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:45 am

@ thekrotek, well well well, after all, it comes for free... 8) ::) :D
But I sure know, what you mean ! ;)
How do they say in english, never look into the mouth of a free horse...
or something like that.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by GilesM » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Don't get me wrong - I am very keen on OpenCart (and it being free!) but is there no OpenSource/community supported documentation area ... I did find old links to wiki.opencarthelp.com but the site has been taken down.

It just seems that OpenCart is over reliant on some dedicated forum users to keep answering the same questions to new users over and over again ... Should we create a new developer support site?

I am looking to integrate OpenCart with Squareup POS via the two APIs to get a two way sync ... So first API question is how to get a product stock count ...

PGM

Don't pay for simple mods
My free modules: Filter resets in admin, Add extra flat shipping, Improved Admin Product Search and Canned Messages.
My site uses (free): Modification refresh button, Additional Alert Email Fix, TLT Structured Data
My site uses (paid): Journal2, Restrict catalog by customer group

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:40 pm

Should we create a new developer support site...
well, do you really think, anyone would be greatful for that ?

Most come, take, and go, that's all there is. And from this point of view, it's a rather disappointing
experience, to just realize, that Software like OC is a commercial Project, and not much really a
'common' Goal. But it's nothing new, it always has been the case, after a while at least, and this is,
what's killing the spirit of many, sooner or later, if one expects such projects to be much more.

Still, I don't want to sound negative, it's not the case, I've learned a lot, and because of that, I am also
one of those too, frequently trying to give back some of what I found out about. Probably like many others
too, despite of the clear fact, that MUCHO MUCHO could be improved.

But this is another story, and nothing, we have any influence on anyway, at least as I found out so far.
I just don't take it personal, and others should not either, so accept, what you get, or better f.o. :laugh:
(...according to some comments, I found in several places!)

Good Luck! ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by daveyoi » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:57 am

GilesM wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:26 pm
I am looking to integrate OpenCart with Squareup POS via the two APIs to get a two way sync ... So first API question is how to get a product stock count ...
Opencart doesn't have a catalog API, only a shopping cart API - which allows you to add to carts and create orders.

You will have to roll your own or use something like https://opencart-api.com/product/rest-admin-api

Tristar Web Solutions

Post by rgbrewer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:11 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:45 am
@ thekrotek, well well well, after all, it comes for free... 8) ::) :D
But I sure know, what you mean ! ;)
How do they say in english, never look into the mouth of a free horse...
or something like that.
"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

Honestly, I was born in the USA, and I have no idea what it is supposed to be saying. What is a gift horse? Why cant I look in its mouth? I have no idea.

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Don't question the value of a gift. The proverb refers to the practice of evaluating the age of a horse by looking at its teeth. This practice is also the source of the expression “long in the tooth,” meaning old.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by rgbrewer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:16 pm

Well there ya go!