Post by andywoodrow » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:28 am

I have a customer that has a courier delivery charge based on weight, which I've done and works a treat, but they do not want ANY delivery option available when it goes over a certain weight and to display instead a bespoke message asking customers to contact them direct to arrange a suitable delivery due to the type of products being sent. There are 2 delivery options, the other is a free local collection from their depot, which will be available regardless.

If anyone can help please with some thought or any mod? ... I'm quite comfortable in making small PHP changes ...

Post by thekrotek » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:44 am

Which shipping methods do you use? Something default or custom?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by andywoodrow » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:51 am

Hi,
I'm using the standard "Weight Based Shipping" extension, but I've also found out we need to also exclude delivery (regardless of weight) for a list of specific postcodes (first parts, the sector is not used). eg - AB30-38, AB41 etc.etc. Basically Highlands, Remote & Offshore Postcodes include Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and UK Islands... Have I put a spanner in the works?! :-)

I do have the "Category & Product-Based Shipping" mod already, but I can't find any options to do both of these ...

I have added a 'bespoke' message on he 'calculate shipping costs, but it's not wrapped in any logic, so shows regardless, which is a bit pants .. (see attached screengrab)

Cheers,
Andy

Attachments

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 23.49.45.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 23.49.45.png (57.32 KiB) Viewed 1717 times

Post by Johnathan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:06 pm

andywoodrow wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:51 am
I do have the "Category & Product-Based Shipping" mod already, but I can't find any options to do both of these ...

If you already have my Category & Product-Based Shipping extension, then charges based on both weight + postcode can be easily done. Take a look at the examples on this page:

http://www.getclearthinking.com/categor ... d-shipping

If you still have issues after that, please contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact and I can assist.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator