Post by okstated » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:29 am

In OpenCart 1.4.7 PayPal Pro sends the payment, but it continues processing on the front end saying "please wait". It never seems to finish and the products remain in the shopping cart.

When I setup PayPal should I set it to authorize or sale
and should the status be as pending, complete or what?

The admin doesn't receive any confirmation email either.

Post by okstated » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:12 pm

After looking at troubleshooting on the wiki here:
http://wiki.opencart.com/index.php?title=Paypal

I removed a 301 redirect from my .htaccess file.
I also saw that IPN notification was turned off, however, as I'm using PayPal Pro it turns I don't need to set the callback URL according to this thread: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4531

So I'm still left wondering why it's not working.

My catalog and HTTPS are set to go to mydomain.com rather than www.mydomain.com so could this be causing an issue and if so where would I make adjustments?

Post by okstated » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:51 am

Does anyone have suggestions on where I could find out more about what is going wrong here? ???
Thanks.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:54 am

Does anyone have paypal pro working? I don't have an account to test with

Administrator

Post by danitaz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:23 am

I attempted a test transaction today as well, and got the same results. Just "please wait" and nothing is happening at Paypal.

Post by okstated » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:12 pm

I at least show money actually being sent by credit card to the PayPal account and a confirmation email is sent to the user, but from the online store itself the page keeps showing "please wait" and there is no order confirmation page.

Post by danitaz » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:16 am

You are getting farther than I am. I get this in the error log:

2010-04-22 19:03:13 - PHP Warning: curl_errno(): 48 is not a valid cURL handle resource in /srv/www/htdocs/store/catalog/controller/payment/pp_pro.php on line 160

The line in question is the second line of this command:

if (!response) {
exit ('DoDirectPayment failed: ' . curl_error($curl) . '('
. curl_errno($curl) . ')');
}

I called Paypal, and they say that they do not see anything hitting the server. Paypal says that the server should just be able to contact them on port 443, which was open, but I opened all outbound ports just to see if I could see something else happening, and there is nothing in my firewall logs (Astaro Security Gateway) that even shows the server trying to go out on any port at all during the process.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Danita

Post by danitaz » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:07 am

Just got an email that this is likely a "server or cart configuration problem". I guess that narrows it down :-)

Danita

Post by Qphoria » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:35 am

heh I will try to create a sandbox account for this tomorrow and test it

Administrator

Post by danitaz » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:43 am

It was suggested that I might not have ssl & curl compiled for Apache. What do I know <g>?? I do know that if I do a phpinfo it shows that curl is enabled for PHP, but do I need to do something else to make Apache2 itself happy?

Thanks. This is my last step. If I can get the payments to work, then I'm all set.

Danita

Post by Qphoria » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:05 am

Can you try normal paypal and see if that works? That uses the same curl methods. If that works then it all should work. Curl is compiled at the php level not the apache level anyway so there should be no problem if it is listed in phpinfo

Administrator

Post by danitaz » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:54 am

Yes, I can use paypal itself to make a payment on the invoice, and it works fine. It's just the paypal website payments pro that is not working.

Thanks.

Danita

Post by okstated » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:13 am

My error logs are simply notices as follows:

Code: Select all

2010-04-18 6:15:14 - PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  cc_start_date_month in /mnc/stor2-vc4-pfw3/318987/360575/www.domainname.com/web/content/store/catalog/controller/payment/pp_pro.php on line 117
2010-04-18 6:15:14 - PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  cc_start_date_year in /mnc/stor2-vc4-pfw3/318987/360575/www.domainname.com/web/content/store/catalog/controller/payment/pp_pro.php on line 117
2010-04-18 6:15:14 - PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  cc_issue in /mnc/stor2-vc4-pfw3/318987/360575/www.domainname.com/web/content/store/catalog/controller/payment/pp_pro.php on line 120
The domain and server information has been altered for the example, but these are the only error logs shown for when I try to process a card. I looked in the referenced file on the line shown and this seems to deal with the input box for credit card issue date. I removed that box from the payment template file because nobody (in the US at least) uses this. Most credit cards don't say the exact date they were issued and most customers aren't going to take the time to go and look this up. So I removed it.

If this is the cause for the "please wait" continuing to show, how can I remove these variables for credit card issue date without screwing up the processing? Or could it still be something else?

Post by Qphoria » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:51 am

issue num and start date are used only for the UK Maestro/Solo cards

Administrator

Post by okstated » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:52 am

Qphoria wrote:issue num and start date are used only for the UK Maestro/Solo cards
So my error logs would only seem to pertain to this and nothing else.
Could my removing these inputs from the payment template cause the checkout to not completely process and thus get stuck with the "please wait" message?

I'm trying to figure out at the very least what direction to go in to discover a solution.

Post by Qphoria » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:20 pm

okstated wrote:
Qphoria wrote:issue num and start date are used only for the UK Maestro/Solo cards
So my error logs would only seem to pertain to this and nothing else.
Could my removing these inputs from the payment template cause the checkout to not completely process and thus get stuck with the "please wait" message?

I'm trying to figure out at the very least what direction to go in to discover a solution.
well you are getting minor errors because you removed the fields the wrong way. You need to worry less about that stuff and first get the please wait fixed

Administrator

Post by okstated » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:15 am

ok well. how very silly of me. It works fine.

My question should have been how to properly remove the Maestro and Solo card information from the checkout procedure.

Thanks for humoring me. :-[

Post by danitaz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:13 am

By the way, my problem is solved as well! I shut my VM down yesterday for my weekly clean backup. Today I decided to give the paypal pro module one more try just for good measure, and voila! It worked. So something wasn't happy, and a reboot seems to have fixed it.

Fingers crossed that this is it.

Qphoria, I'm going to redirect a few of my most commonly purchased items to the new cart. If all goes week during the next week, I'll be back to get your purchase order module, because it will be very useful to me. I saw a couple of other modules you have that look promising too, so once I'm convinced that the basic cart is going to work for me, I'll grab those as well! I would not have even been able to consider OpenCart without your "free cart" module!

Thanks.

Danita

Post by skrimmel » Thu May 27, 2010 6:39 am

okstated - what ultimately solved the issue for you? I'm having exactly the same problem you described in the first post.

Thanks!

Post by aces231 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am

As anyone found a solution to this. With the site I am working on the page just sits on "processing the order". Also while the customer gets and email and it appears in the back end the actually payment is not being processed.

Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance.