Post by RideTheWave » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:40 pm

On the homepage I have featured products which I set in Extensions -> Modules -> Featured Home Page. However, when I go to a category page, in the left column I see another section called "Featured" but different products are displayed and I don't know how they got there or how I would change them. I don't see any other module under Featured other than the above, Featured Home Page. Does anyone know how to edit the featured products in the category page? Is it in a module?

Post by sdsoftware » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:55 pm

Hello
Go to Design->Layout->Category
Under "Column Left" what modules are there?
Also clear you cache.

Do you want your feature products to be appeared on Category's Page?

Software Support And Development www.sdware.eu
Ccookie Module || Admin Category/Manufactory/Attribute Filter || Admin Customizer || Bank Tranfer Extended
Business Inquiries Here
My extensions Page Here

Post by RideTheWave » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:11 pm

In the layouts under Category I have for Column Left: "Category -> Category" and "Banner -> Category". The first one I understand and it's showing properly but for the second one I checked and "Banner -> Category" is disabled. So I don't know where the "Featured" in the category page's left column is coming from.

When you say clear cache, there are a lot of caches. Which one are you referring to? Which folder's contents should I delete?

Post by sdsoftware » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Post here or Send me on Inbox your Site's Url.

By clearing cache i mean
" System folder, in there is the Cache folder. Delete all files in the cache folder."
Vqmod Cache (if you have Vqmod Installed)

Or you can try deleting and re setting the module from the beggining. and then apply it oh home's layout

Ccookie Module || Admin Category/Manufactory/Attribute Filter || Admin Customizer || Bank Tranfer Extended
Business Inquiries Here
My extensions Page Here

Post by RideTheWave » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:45 pm

Clearing both caches didn't change anything. I don't think the two pages are fetching the same module. To test I created a custom layout and put the "Featured Home Page" module in Column Left and the test page displays the featured products properly (they are the same as the ones as the home page). But the test page's featured products in the left column displays differently than the category page. In the test page it displays 4 products horizontally (just like the home page) whereas in the category page it displays 3 different products vertically (which is actually a nicer display than squeezing them horizontally). So I really don't think the two pages are fetching the same module.

Post by sdsoftware » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:01 pm

Yes I think that too. its th different. Have you any other modules installed that might affect your front end display?

It would be better for me to understand if I had a url or at least a screenshot.

Business Inquiries Here
My extensions Page Here

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:39 pm

You haven't listed:
  • Your OpenCart version
  • Your theme
  • Your extensions

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by RideTheWave » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:00 am

I've discovered that the Featured products in the left column of the category page is theme related. It's being created by another module called Advanced Grid. It's in this module where I can configure what products, how many, etc are displayed in that left column. That module was installed as part of the instructions when I installed my theme. This brings me to the reason why I wanted to start this thread in the first place. In Design -> Layouts, is there a way to add that module to Column Left? I don't see it appearing in the dropdown. In fact, the only modules I see in the dropdown are modules installed before the theme was installed. Is there a way to add other modules to this so they can be added to a layout? (by the way, I'm using OC 2.3.0.2).