Post by ventienda » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:38 am

Hello everybody!
I installed OC 2.3.0.2 on bluehost's server with PHP version 7.0 correctly. The e-store looks normal. I can to register and login without any problem,

But I realized When I try to add an email in the "Additional Alert Mail" section It's not save it.
The emails (Register, new order status, e-newsletters) to the administrator and to the clients were not sent either, in other words, MAIL doesn't working!

My settings:
Mail protocol: Mail.
Mail Parameters: I tested in blank and using the additional mail parameter "-f",

Not included: another language, vqmod. In others words, Its a clean instalation.

I chatted with my server. It said we wasnt block any PHP mail function. I check the "Bugs report" for 2.3.0.2 and Nobody reported this problem.

What do you think is happening?

Thanks for all your help!

Location - Venezuela

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Please search the bugs section before posting.

This is a known bug in 2302 and a fix has been posted

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by ventienda » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:38 am

I uploaded your "bugs_2.3.0.2-fix.ocmod.xml" modification file. The "additional alert email" text area is not blank anymore BUT The original problem is still there... The plataform doesnt send any email...

Any other suggest?

Thank you

Location - Venezuela

Post by davidla » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:25 am

I also agree the fix posted does not solve the email send problem for additional alert emails. It fixes the display problem - that's all. Does anyone have a fix for additional alert emails not sending using the mail protocol.
TIA

Post by AbeMark » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:20 pm

that's true, the problem still there. OC did not sent email to Additional Alert Mail. Anyone figure this out?

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:56 pm

I stumbled across the same problem yesterday. Here is a simple fix:

In file 'admin/view/template/setting/setting.tpl' replace the line:

Code: Select all

<textarea name="config_mail_alert_email" rows="5" placeholder="<?php echo $entry_mail_alert_email; ?>" id="input-alert-email" class="form-control"><?php echo $config_alert_email; ?></textarea>
with this one:

<textarea name="config_alert_email" rows="5" placeholder="<?php echo $entry_mail_alert_email; ?>" id="input-alert-email" class="form-control"><?php echo $config_alert_email; ?></textarea>
Someone can write it up as a VQmod or OCmod XML file.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by sketchi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:19 pm

I've added the two fixes together and made an OCMOD. Seems to work for me so hopefully it helps someone else too.

Post by mennax » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:04 pm

Thanks sketchi and JNeuhoff. but my home does not work. I changed it.

Attachments

Post by phamxuanvinh2110 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:00 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:56 pm
I stumbled across the same problem yesterday. Here is a simple fix:

In file 'admin/view/template/setting/setting.tpl' replace the line:

<textarea name="config_mail_alert_email" rows="5" placeholder="<?php echo $entry_mail_alert_email; ?>" id="input-alert-email" class="form-control"><?php echo $config_alert_email; ?></textarea>
with this one:

<textarea name="config_alert_email" rows="5" placeholder="<?php echo $entry_mail_alert_email; ?>" id="input-alert-email" class="form-control"><?php echo $config_alert_email; ?></textarea>
Someone can write it up as a VQmod or OCmod XML file.
Thank you very much

Post by muffazal » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:12 pm

Hello
I edited the following files with the respective code but it is not working for me. Please help

PATH:
admin/view/template/setting/setting.tpl

CODE:

PATH:
admin/controller/setting/setting.php

CODE:
if (isset($this->request->post['config_mail_alert_email'])) {
$data['config_mail_alert_email'] = $this->request->post['config_mail_alert_email'];
} else {
$data['config_mail_alert_email'] = $this->config->get('config_mail_alert_email');
}

Even the normal emails that were being sent have ceased. Thank you.