Post by boyjah » Fri May 05, 2017 6:20 am

I wonder why we cannot do in Categories the way we can in Products. For example, it would be very useful to be able to copy a category the way we can copy a product. The same goes for filters at the top of the Categories admin page--with many categories it would be useful to be able to filter them the way we can filter products.

Version 2.3.0.2

Post by IP_CAM » Fri May 05, 2017 6:23 am

well, for older OC Versions, even free Extensions exist for such, but latest
Versions first need to generate some funds, otherwise, this Project would be
dead already.
So, don't take it personal, it's just the way it works... ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by boyjah » Fri May 05, 2017 7:00 am

Well, that's discouraging. Are you suggesting that OpenCart is not a viable platform that we can depend upon going forward? It would be unfortunate to spend this much time and money to build stores for customers based on a platform with an uncertain future...

In the meantime, is there a way to get the Parent autofill list to show more than the first 5 options? As is we must type in the first few letters of the parent category in order to get the one we want to show because it is not included in the first 5 options that are shown. How can we get autofill to show ALL available options?

Post by IP_CAM » Fri May 05, 2017 7:28 am

boyjah wrote: Well, that's discouraging. Are you suggesting that OpenCart is not a viable platform that we can depend upon going forward? It would be unfortunate to spend this much time and money to build stores for customers based on a platform with an uncertain future...
Oh well, you're building Shops for Customers, and so creating money, and on the other hand, you possibly
expect others to offer you all the tools for this for free..., what a way of thinking !? :'(

Open Cart's Income relies exclusively on Sales of Extensions, bought trough the official OC Channels, they
earn a certain percentage on those sales, and if there are no sales, there is no income, it's as easy as that.
So, take it, as it comes, or look around for something more free... :D
---
boyjah wrote: is there a way to get the Parent autofill list to show more than the first 5 options? How can we get autofill to show ALL available options?
by using one of the Extensions, built for such. There is even a free one available for your Version:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... tocomplete
---
uncertain future...
And Nothing in this World is for granted forever, not even WIndows.... :D

Good Luck, no offense, just my very personal view, I'm not even related to OC... ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by boyjah » Fri May 05, 2017 8:14 am

Thank you for your information. Contrary to what you assume, I am NOT looking for free products. I have paid for all extensions and OpenCart itself. I am just wondering about some things about the software that seem inconsistent, resulting in unneccesary time spent on routine tasks. I do my best to minimize the extensions that I use, particularly free ones, as they are often the source of some trouble due to incompatibility or conflict with other extensions or the core software itself (based on my reading of the forums and comments on the extension pages themselves). I think it might be useful perhaps if those who are responsible for OpenCart were to actually use the basic software (no extensions) to build an e-commerce site for another client, involving 500 or so products.