Post by OpenCart Addons » Tue May 02, 2017 9:38 pm

Hey guys,

Daniel will be updating the OpenCart Marketplace and is looking for suggestions. Below is a compiled list of some common requests that I've come across. If you have anything you'd like to add, let us know!

Extension Ratings
  • Remove ratings for refunded orders
  • Add half star ratings
  • Import old ratings for commercial extensions Done!
  • Add ability to rate free extensions Done!
  • Modify the rounding for ratings from PHP floor() to PHP round() Done!

Extension List Page
  • Add number of comments
  • Modify sort by rating to take into account number of ratings as well as average rating using a weighted rating system such as the Bayesian Estimate Done!

Extension Page
  • Increase the additional image sizes. 500px by 500px is too small to display needed information
  • Display the number of reviews next to the rating
  • Rename comments section to "Questions" to encourage customers to use it for pre-sale questions rather than support requests
  • Reintroduce the Report function that allows customers/developers to report an extension for fraud, plagiarism, etc.
  • Add to Wishlist

Seller Backend
  • Ability to view all extension ratings through seller account panel, as well as leave a public reply to reviews
  • Ability to request a review be removed by OpenCart Support Staff
  • Ability to assign a custom Google Analytics tracking code to each extension page. Allows developers to track extension page performance
  • Add customer email to Sales list. Allows developers to verify a purchase when customer requests support
  • Add ability for developers to download their own extensions. Allows developers to verify the uploaded extension is correct

Other
  • Setup the cron job that updates the sales count on the extension page (daily?)
  • Disable extensions for developers who have not logged into their OC account in the past 6 months (or year). This will automatically remove a lot of the unsupported extensions that currently plague the marketplace
  • Update all orders to follow the new license system
  • If search returns 0 results, display a "Request Extension" option that sends out an extension request to developers who opt-in to this notification

Bugs
  • Text "Rate your previously purchased extensions" goes to orders page instead of reviews page
  • Text "View your Sales" goes to transaction page instead of sales page
  • Unable to delete projects from Showcase
  • Missing Edit button for projects in Showcase
  • Search sales by Member doesn't work
  • Search by Extension forgets extension name after filtering
  • When filtering sales, "No Results" has col-span="4", should be col-span="6"
  • Cloud Store information page doesn't show the temporary store URL

Cheers,
Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by artcore » Tue May 02, 2017 11:11 pm

Hi Joel,
Good list!
I'd like to see #comments on the extension listing pages in addition to rating. Most buyers don't rate (or don't know how to as I've encountered also) so that leaves ~80% of the ratings empty thus not providing a clue to popularity.

And for an idea: If a search returns zero results, provide a means to post a commercial request to which (subscribed?, trusted?) devs can respond.

I guess it would be too much to ask to have ajax search and pagination. 14k results isn't too much to get in one go and have some js to filter and display results. ;D

Cheers

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by thekrotek » Wed May 03, 2017 1:42 am

An option to either reply or delete stupid reviews would be nice. For now every "nice person" can write anything and you can't even defend yourself.

There're tons of inadequate people out there, you know :-)

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by OpenCart Addons » Wed May 03, 2017 1:48 am

artcore wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 11:11 pm
Hi Joel,
Good list!
I'd like to see #comments on the extension listing pages in addition to rating. Most buyers don't rate (or don't know how to as I've encountered also) so that leaves ~80% of the ratings empty thus not providing a clue to popularity.

And for an idea: If a search returns zero results, provide a means to post a commercial request to which (subscribed?, trusted?) devs can respond.

I guess it would be too much to ask to have ajax search and pagination. 14k results isn't too much to get in one go and have some js to filter and display results. ;D

Cheers
I've added your comments and commercial request features to the list. I don't believe Daniel has any plans to change the current filter system to ajax.

Cheers,
Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by OpenCart Addons » Wed May 03, 2017 1:55 am

thekrotek wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:42 am
An option to either reply or delete stupid reviews would be nice. For now every "nice person" can write anything and you can't even defend yourself.

There're tons of inadequate people out there, you know :-)
I don't agree that developers should have the right to pick and choose which reviews are shown as no developer would keep negative reviews of their product visible to the public.

The ability to leave an official reply to a review should be adequate. It gives the developer an opportunity to address the customer in a formal manner for future customers to see.

Combined with the ability to see all reviews within your seller account panel, you can contact dissatisfied customers in an attempt to resolve any issues they may be experiencing, which gives you the opportunity to convert that negative review into a positive review.

Joel.

Location - Canada

Post by thekrotek » Wed May 03, 2017 2:18 am

OpenCart Addons wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:55 am
I don't agree that developers should have the right to pick and choose which reviews are shown as no developer would keep negative reviews of their product visible to the public.
This, of course, not true. We have comments already and before Reviews section (which is plain awful right now) people left their opinions in Comments section. If you browse extensions with a decent amount of reviews, you will notice, that there're all kinds of comments out there, including negative. Most developers don't delete negative stuff and just leave a reply. So no, not every developer will remove negative reviews, especially if there'll be a Reply function.

I don't understand why have comments and reviews, in the first place. In my opinion, it's either this or that. Having a reviews with reply functionality would be more than enough, because 99% of comments are just useless.

Expert Member

Post by OpenCart Addons » Wed May 03, 2017 2:51 am

I'm not saying all developers will remove negative reviews, but there will definitely be developers who do. The ability to leave an official reply to a review which is visible to other customers should be sufficient. This blog post has some good insight on how to reverse a negative review for Amazon sellers.

Comments are intended to be for a customer to ask a pre-sale question. Some customers use the comments section for support, however I have noticed a decrease since the introduction of the request support button on the extension page.

One idea would be to rename the comments section to something that encourages customers to use it for pre-sales questions only. Perhaps re-branding it into a Questions & Answers section.

Regards,
Joel.

Location - Canada

Post by thekrotek » Wed May 03, 2017 3:29 pm

OpenCart Addons wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 2:51 am
Comments are intended to be for a customer to ask a pre-sale question. Some customers use the comments section for support, however I have noticed a decrease since the introduction of the request support button on the extension page.

One idea would be to rename the comments section to something that encourages customers to use it for pre-sales questions only. Perhaps re-branding it into a Questions & Answers section.
Exactly! A support button! Customers have to learn, how to use it, instead of spitting comments everywhere they want. It's not a Facebook, you know.

A single Reviews section with replying functionality would be more than nice. Having both just confuses customers.

Also an option to delete reviews by OC support team is a must. Some reviews MUST be deleted, because they're written by morons. Nobody's stopping any customer from writing any crap, which even won't be true. Developers MUST have an opportunity to remove reviews at least by request. Otherwise it's quite unfair.

Expert Member

Post by ashwani_multi » Wed May 03, 2017 4:30 pm

OpenCart Addons wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 9:38 pm
  • Import old ratings for commercial extensions
  • Modify the rounding for ratings from PHP floor() to PHP round()
  • Remove ratings for refunded orders
This part need Complete asap , opencart sale down as compare last year

Opencart Quick checkout
View All modules
Any opencart issue contact me at support@opencartextensions.in

Thank you

Location - Ludhiana,Punjab,India

Post by thekrotek » Wed May 03, 2017 4:36 pm

ashwani_multi wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 4:30 pm
Ratings and reviews are not THAT important for sales. Sales are down, because the whole Marketplace is still broken in many places and a bit confusing in UI.

Expert Member

Post by OpenCart Addons » Wed May 03, 2017 10:49 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 3:29 pm
Also an option to delete reviews by OC support team is a must. Some reviews MUST be deleted, because they're written by morons. Nobody's stopping any customer from writing any crap, which even won't be true. Developers MUST have an opportunity to remove reviews at least by request. Otherwise it's quite unfair.
I agree. An option to request that the review be removed by the OC team rather than the developer having this functionality would be better. Added this as one of the requested features on the list.

Joel.

Location - Canada

Post by bull5-i » Mon May 08, 2017 12:50 am

I would like the following bugs fixed as well:
Seller backend
  • Sales page filtering by Extension forgets the extension name after pressing Filter. Also would be nice to be able to filter by extension id.
  • Sales page filtering by Member is not working at all

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by OCdevWizard » Tue May 09, 2017 10:46 pm

Old bug.
http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/ ... d87dc06530
"View your Sales" - redirect to Transactions page.

OCdevWizard - OpenCart extensions and modules.

Location - Eastern Europe

Post by OpenCart Addons » Fri May 12, 2017 1:53 am

bull5-i wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 12:50 am
I would like the following bugs fixed as well:
Seller backend
  • Sales page filtering by Extension forgets the extension name after pressing Filter. Also would be nice to be able to filter by extension id.
  • Sales page filtering by Member is not working at all
Added a bugs section.

cheers,
Joel.

Location - Canada

Post by OpenCart Addons » Fri May 12, 2017 1:53 am

OCdevWizard wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 10:46 pm
Old bug.
http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/ ... d87dc06530
"View your Sales" - redirect to Transactions page.
Added to bugs section, thanks.

Cheers,
Joel.

Location - Canada

Post by JWire » Mon May 15, 2017 10:26 am

As a buyer, I would like to see:

Extension listing page
1. On extension listing page, # comments was already mentioned above, but I would like to see the sales number as well.
2. Sort by # comments and sales.

Extension page
1. For awhile, I couldn't find how to rate an extension and finally figured I had to go to the account page to do so. The star rating image should redirect to the rating page and a tooltip that says you must purchase the product to rate. Also add how many times it has been reviewed/rated, it shows on the listing page, but now the extension page.
Last edited by JWire on Mon May 15, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by JWire » Mon May 15, 2017 10:40 am

thekrotek wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 4:36 pm
ashwani_multi wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 4:30 pm
Ratings and reviews are not THAT important for sales. Sales are down, because the whole Marketplace is still broken in many places and a bit confusing in UI.
I disagree, reviews are pretty important to me. I'm not buying an extension with only 0-2 reviews, but when there's 5+ positive reviews, it makes me more confident on my purchase. It's like saying Amazon reviews aren't important.

But I do agree that the UI and bugs make it harder to find certain extensions I'm looking for.

Post by OpenCart Addons » Fri May 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Good news! Ratings from the old site have been restored for both commercial and free extensions!

Cheers,
Joel.

Location - Canada

Post by artcore » Sun May 21, 2017 3:05 pm

It seems the rating is based on some kind of calculation. ie 2 five star shows as a 3-star rating, 4 five star as 4-star rating.
It looks like buyers didn't fully appreciate the extension which is incorrect. I'd say add breakdown like: 1 buyer(s) rated 5 stars, etc if you have to go this route.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by OpenCart Addons » Tue May 23, 2017 12:23 am

artcore wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 3:05 pm
It seems the rating is based on some kind of calculation. ie 2 five star shows as a 3-star rating, 4 five star as 4-star rating.
It looks like buyers didn't fully appreciate the extension which is incorrect. I'd say add breakdown like: 1 buyer(s) rated 5 stars, etc if you have to go this route.
We recently introduced a weighted rating system for sorting. It might have accidentally been used for the rating display too.

I'll look into this for you.

Cheers,
Joel.

Location - Canada