Post by Cpl Miller » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:40 am

I am moving my site to a new hosting service from another service where the site ran fine. Once I FTP'ed all the files and directories to the new hosting service I get error's. I contacted the new hosting service and was told the web site format (CMS) they can't get the site running.

Any suggestions as to what these people are taking about?

Thank you in advance.

Gary

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:33 pm

Did you also move the database to your new hosting?

Did you make the necessary code changes after migration:

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:48 pm

Cpl Miller wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:40 am
I get error's
We can't help you unless you provide more information - what were these errors?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Cpl Miller » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:09 pm

Your right...here is the error message when I try the url (www.norcalpreppers.com)
Warning: require_once(/home/norcalpreppers/public_html/system/startup.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/norcalp3/public_html/index.php on line 21

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/norcalpreppers/public_html/system/startup.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home1/norcalp3/public_html/index.php on line 21

It should be noted that both files (startup and index) are on the server and in the same place they were located on the old hosting service where the site ran fine.

Thanks

Post by angela » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:28 am

Is your username exactly the same as your last host?
Your paths may be the same, but if your username is not, that changes the path.

This looks like they are actually different:

Code: Select all

Failed opening required '/home/norcalpreppers/public_html/system/startup.php

Code: Select all

/home1/norcalp3/public_html/index.php
home1? Is that a typo?
Your usernames look different, too: norcalpreppers & norcalp3

Post by Cpl Miller » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:01 am

Angela, Wouldn't everything be the same if I simply FTP the files and directories form the old hosting service to the new. To answer your question I am not sure about the user name you refer to. The site is an on-line store so I don't need to sign in.

Thanks

Gary

Post by angela » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Cpl Miller wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:01 am
Angela, Wouldn't everything be the same if I simply FTP the files and directories form the old hosting service to the new. To answer your question I am not sure about the user name you refer to. The site is an on-line store so I don't need to sign in.

Thanks

Gary
Your ftp and/or cpanel username is likely the definer for the filepath (based on what you posted above, the two are very different). You will need to login to either cpanel or ftp and update the filepath to your new location.

Its actually very unlikely one host has the exact same setup as another. The 'environment' may be the same (cpanel/php/apache, etc) but the actual paths are probably not the same.

Its also unlikely a shared hosts' tech support would even be able to confirm this with you - most of them aren't very 'tech' at all, especially if you are with one of the bigger shared hosts that are owned by EIG.