Post by bzemla » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:13 am

Hello Gents,

Just recently, the Featured Home page has stopped working. The module is enabled, auto complete works, and you can add products but none of the products are displayed on the home page. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. (Ver 2.3.0.2).

Cheers
Brad

Post by kjshier » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 am

I had that too, turns out it's just the new cache.
Make sure after every change you click the refresh button via admin/Modifications Refresh.
Sometimes I also need to refresh my web hosted cache.

Location - South Wales UK

Post by bzemla » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Thank you kjshier

I refreshed my modifications in OC and via cpanel refreshed my web hosted cache but that didn't work.

In OpenCart there are 3 places that store cache in researching this issue.

1) Image cache is located at public_html/image/cache (I deleted all)
2) If you have vQmod public_html/vqmod/vqcache
3) System (data) cache public_html/system/cache (I deleted all)

I just recently migrated to a new host so something happened from point A to B.

Cheers
Brad

Post by bzemla » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:17 am

Hey Gents,

Just thought to post my findings since I solved the issue.

As mentioned I cleaned the cache files in Cpanel along with my browser cache and nothing worked. Decided to check out the layouts and found the problem withing the home layout. I had to re-assign the 2nd content top path to Featured "Home page".

Thank you kjshier for replying to my post and offering your suggestions.

Cheers
Brad

Post by power7714 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:36 am

I have the same issue. I removed the demo featured layout and created my own. Upon setting up the featured section, I only added my products and left everything else alone. Under the home layout, I set the featured module as the second item in the column top. I've cleared the cache and refreshed my browser. The featured module still isn't showing. I need to have this ready to go by the 14th of February. I have no idea what the issue is. I checked the demo here on this site and the featured module is setup the same as mine but mine won't show. I'm using the latest release.