Post by Rinku Singh Sisodiya » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Hello Everyone,

How can i upgrade my openCart version from 2.1.0.2 to 2.3.0.2 (Latest version).

A quick reply will be a great assistance for me.

Thanks.

Post by thekrotek » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:45 pm

The upgrade question is asked every day multiple times. Just browse this forum a little and you'll find a similar topic, which already has a reply.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Rinku Singh Sisodiya » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:32 pm

Definitely the upgrade question is asked every day multiple times but i did not find my answer anywhere that how to upgrade openCart 2.1.0.2 to 2.3.0.2 (Latest version).

Kindly suggest some steps to upgrade.

Sincerely,
R S Sisodiya

Post by Di2Hu10 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:15 am

I'm completely new to OpenCart and I'm experimenting with this shop software to evaluate further use in real life.
My shop runs now on Microsoft Azure server and version 2.1.0.2 worked without errors, but had some shortcommings.
I've updated to 2.3.0.2 via FTP but got a final error after the update script finished :

Code: Select all

Unknown: Argument 2 passed to Event::register() must be an instance of Action, string given, called in D:\home\site\wwwroot\index.php on line 251 and defined in D:\home\site\wwwroot\system\engine\event.php on line 15
This error message is displayed when accessing the frontend of the shop. The backend is still working (can loggin as admin) but I have the impression that something isn't quite as it should be.
Please advice how to correct this issue.
Thanks !

Post by litextension » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:22 pm

I suggest OpenCart migration tool that supports user to move data from 2.1.0.2 to 2.3.0.2 automatically via LitExtension. Users can upgrade to the last version of OpenCart according to Opencart upgrade guide on website.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Visit us at: https://litextension.com

Post by Cart2Cart Team » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:44 am

Hey,

Glad to hear you're on your way to improving your business performance with a fantastic OpenCart 2.3.

As for upgrade solution, let me recommend you using Cart2Cart - a leading automated shopping cart migration service. It takes just a few minutes to setup OpenCart upgrade and lets you transfer all your data from OpenCart 2.1 to OpenCart 2.3, including products, orders, customers, categories, etc: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... art&page=2

Cart2Cart also offers free Demo migration (it'll move a limited number of data from your current store to OpenCart 2.3) and 24/7 customer support.

We'll gladly answer any question regarding your upcoming upgrade.

Kind Regards,
Cart2Cart Team

Cart2Cart - simple, fast and effective migration to OpenCart

Post by Tulip » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:59 pm

So after searching....I ALSO could find nothing on actually doing this (without going to a unknown 3rd vendor)

Post by Chris_UK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Personally I would not upgrade a live store without first performing an identical test upgrade on a development server.

Steps to follow:

Make a full backup of your store. You should already a backup procedure in place but just in case you don't. You should include ALL files and a complete copy of the database.

Set up a new test store with it, confirm its working then perform the upgrade on your test store.

If it fails or you have issues, check out whats causing it (disable all mods) reactivate one at a time. and verify. if you cant get the upgrade working with mods, or indeed at all you have two routes.

Mods Not compatible: get updated from the developers

Upgrade didnt work: Roll back to the beginning and perform incremental upgrades 2.1 -> 2.2 -> 2.3 etc until you reach your chosen level,

Remember there is big difference between 2.1 and 2.3 the most notable being the templates have changed to you will to look at that. Also turn on error display or check the error logs if you need to, its a test site so it doesnt matter that they are showing on screen.

Post by Jelle85 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:34 am

I just did this without checking this forum, opencart website says it is possibel, but my homepage is now completely empty.

Anyone wh knows how this is possible? Or maybe even better how to solve this???

Building my second webshop with OC 3.0.2.0
https://shop.taartmonster.nl/