Post by uksitebuilder » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:11 am

Number of sales for each extension is no longer increasing on the extension page.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by Tomit » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:50 am

Qphoria wrote:
zengrafic wrote:
Daniel wrote:old comments are back.
Great Thanks. Can you sort them DESC by date (recent comments first) instead of ASC by date + adding a delete button like before?
Really? People like this? No other venue does this. Forums, tech blogs, etc all have new at the bottom. Be nice if it was user preference
Come on, no one wants to see 4 year old comments on an extension? those comments mostly aren't even relevant anymore.. Why would anyone want to see them first? people want to see if there has been any activity and quick responses lately, and what issues people had. They don't want to go to page 24 to see the latest comments, right?

Location - Netherlands

Post by thekrotek » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:46 am

Daniel wrote:old comments are back.
Can we also have basic comment management back? I mean Delete and Reply buttons. Edit button (at least, temporarily) would also be great.

For now people can post anything they want, including support requests, and there's no option to even reply to them properly.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by imakeitwork » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:54 pm

budgetneon wrote: I would recommend you check the experience of adding extensions in other software. Things like wordpress, prestashop, and so on. They are much easier on end users.
I agree - having a single installation file with documentation that could be viewed from admin would be great. But since there is more than one way to install extensions in OpenCart, uploading the zip with installation instructions is a better way - customer gets the extension and does not need to look up or ask developer how to install it.

Post by tabook » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:23 pm

Does the purchase email feature work? Still do not receive any email about purchase :-(

Forget complex and inconvenient stock Categories and Products in OpenCart - use Acute Category Manager +!
Ready for 1.5.x and 2.x Editions

Post by Johnathan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:39 pm

No, I don't believe purchase notifications are being sent out. If anyone is getting them, please let us know your account settings, since I've tried re-saving all my data and am still not getting the notifications. (Data via the API url is working, so you can still get order notifications if you set up your own endpoint and e-mail script.)

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:10 am

notifications are working again. also fixed the filename issue.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by JWire » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Not a developer but could you add number of comments under number of reviews in the marketplace page? I prefer popularity based on how many comments their getting.

Post by tabook » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:08 pm

Johnathan wrote:(Data via the API url is working, so you can still get order notifications if you set up your own endpoint and e-mail script.)
Is there any docs about this ? I've found setup API URL only - no help, no hint.

Forget complex and inconvenient stock Categories and Products in OpenCart - use Acute Category Manager +!
Ready for 1.5.x and 2.x Editions

Post by uksitebuilder » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:07 pm

The API sends a POST to the API URL you specify

See this link for the variables sent viewtopic.php?f=10&t=166524#p649888

Guru Member

Post by zengrafic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:23 am

Daniel wrote:notifications are working again
Haven't still received any notification.

Also, each time you edit the account seller information, response is:

Code: Select all

Success: You have successfully applied for a seller account! Once your account is approved you will be notifed by e-mail!
But account seller info was only edited.

Location - Earth

Post by Tomit » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:46 am

Does anyone know if update messages are being sent out?
I bought one of my extensions, but I'm not receiving the update message when a new file is added and the
"send update email to purchasers" option is on.

Location - Netherlands

Post by Tomit » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:03 am

Would it be possible to open links in a new window in the extension description?

Location - Netherlands

Post by lz1nud » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:02 pm

few suggestions:

- if it is possible the tags will be visible again
- might be useful if there is a field that shows the latest version of the extension
- rating system - instead of 1 to 5, it can be 1.00 - 5.00 , so if we have 1 5 star rating and 1 4 star - end result - - will be 4.50, so search engine rating will be more acurate.
- search engine - to choose from accensing or desending, also might be added "number of sales" option
- if possible to be added categories for extensions, so searching for something will be much easier
- aslo can be added promotion section, so when seller make discount ot his product, to be easily found
- screen shots can be more than 500x500, right now more than 50% of them are blurred

Sky-Mag Bulgaria

Location - Bulgaria

Post by Freakshow » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi
Would it be possible to have a "Download" button for extensions that one already bought instead of the "Buy" button? I think this was the configuration a short time, but not any more at least.
Reason is that it can be a hassle to go through Account/Your Downloads - and browse to find it.

Have a great day :)

Freakshow

https://matoghage.no - Running on WooCommerce
https://www.doobie.no - Running on WooCommerce

Location - Norway

Post by Johnathan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:54 pm

lz1nud wrote:- if it is possible the tags will be visible again
This change was intentional, because there was too much copying of extension tags in the store. I do not think Daniel is going to make them visible again, which I approve of, because it penalizes those of us that take the time to actually write good and relevant tags.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by pm-netti » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:37 am

pm-netti wrote:BAD: Is not can update extension zip package ::)
i.e: Can not be updated ....

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by thekrotek » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:07 am

Johnathan wrote:This change was intentional, because there was too much copying of extension tags in the store. I do not think Daniel is going to make them visible again, which I approve of, because it penalizes those of us that take the time to actually write good and relevant tags.
It would be much, much better in terms of search to create a number of pre-defined tags and let developers simply select 5-10 tags from the list for each extension. Right now, in my opinion, search returns you almost random list of extensions. When you click a pre-defined tag, you always get more relevant results.

Every forum engine works this way: global search in content (topic title and text) + search by topic tag.

Expert Member

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:17 am

I doubt very much that would work due to the diversity of the extensions on the store, (1) OC Staff would never be able to come up with a list for sellers to choose from, (2) it would be too limited a list and thus you would still end up with all sorts of extensions in the results, (3) sellers would most likely keyword dump in the description.

Guru Member

Post by thekrotek » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:42 am

uksitebuilder wrote:I doubt very much that would work due to the diversity of the extensions on the store, (1) OC Staff would never be able to come up with a list for sellers to choose from, (2) it would be too limited a list and thus you would still end up with all sorts of extensions in the results, (3) sellers would most likely keyword dump in the description.
Like I said, two kinds of search should be present:

- global search in extension's title and description
- search by tag from extension's page or tag cloud.

This will return relevant results one way or another. Any forum engine works this way and forum search functionality is the most important one. I think, it should be considered, if relevant search results has any priority in OC Marketplace development.

Expert Member