Post by ashwani_multi » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:40 pm

when sale/comment show on module page its effecting sale lot of

Opencart Quick checkout
View All modules
Any opencart issue contact me at support@opencartextensions.in

Thank you

Location - Ludhiana,Punjab,India

Post by Tomit » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:06 am

imakeitwork wrote:If reports takes days to work out it would be great to get payments before them (for developers).
Daniel should just make the transfers regardless of reports, or maybe something else is wrong.

Location - Netherlands

Post by Johnathan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:35 am

He's made an announcement about it this morning:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171092

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Tomit » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:26 am

Johnathan wrote:He's made an announcement about it this morning:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171092
thanks for the link

Location - Netherlands

Post by estroblock » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:51 pm

"The requested topic does not exist."

Post by Johnathan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:18 pm

I deleted it yesterday because the payments have gone out. If you haven't received yours yet, give it a day or two, then contact the OpenCart team:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rt/contact

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by sybernetic » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:02 am

Still missing comments, and I've told all my clients not to considerer purchasing extensions until they can see these.
Disqus... Really????

Post by imakeitwork » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:19 pm

GOOD: Nice to see that Sales number is shown in the extension page.

NOT SO GOOD:
1. Lots of extension images (banners) are missing - like here
2. Downloads number does not increase in extensions page (shown in free extensions).

Post by artcore » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:29 pm

Yes sales figures are back :D
I wonder how the rating system works, it seems one rating of 5 stars shows as 4 stars but 2 ratings of 5 shows the actual 5. Is this on purpose? I checked with the client who rated and it was 5 for sure.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by dmsims » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:35 am

If you click on a screenshot how do you get to the next/previous one ? :laugh:

Post by pm-netti » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:17 am

BAD: Is not can update extension zip package ::)

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by sybernetic » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:23 pm

Personally, I'm more likely to purchase an extension when I can see favourable comments from previous buyers and not from the developer's own website where these comments could be easily filtered and edited. This, together with the fact that it is not possible to use the previous comments feature to send pre-sales messages to the developer (except using Disqus.......Really??) leads me to suspect there will be more transactions taking place away from OpenCart's commission based purchase system because the easiest way for a potential buyer to contact a developer is to find the developer's direct contact details within the description of the extension.
I've always been happy with OpenCart, the community and with the commission taken from sales of my extensions, but if Daniel really wants to send customers to me bypassing his commission, then I see no reason to complain ;)
I also buy extensions for my clients or refer them to OpenCart to purchase but I am bypassing OpenCart for the moment and going directly to the developer(s).
Please consider removing Disqus and re-enabling the previous comments feature.

Post by dabomb59404 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:08 am

sybernetic wrote:Please consider removing Disqus and re-enabling the previous comments feature.
I agree. Disqus is total rubbish and needs to go away!
5 years worth of positive comments are now gone and so are extension sales too.
Seriously what is preventing trolls or competing extension developers from leaving negative comments and driving your extension sales down? Also what is preventing extension developers from leaving positive comments on their own extensions? Extension developers now have no way to moderate comments and no way to even know if the person leaving the comments actually purchased the extension or not. Also the only comments now will be mostly support questions and negative feedback as they are mostly the only ones that would go out of their way to sign up for Disqus and post there and any good feedback will be buried under all of them and most likely never seen. Are there any extension developers that actually think Disqus is a good thing? I doubt it but if so why?

Post by thekrotek » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:32 am

Not sure, if anybody responsible reads this topic considering the amount of existing bugs, but here's another one: extension banners seem to be broken.

Banner dimensions were 710 x 380 recently yet on extension editing page hint to banner option said 693 x something. A couple days ago dimensions changed to 710 x 300 and hint to banner option said 710 x 300 as well (still says the same). But today it's back to 710 x 380 and half of the images are missing, yet banner thumbs are visible on extension editing page. Ugh...

I don't even want to start talking about screenshots still being resized to ridiculous 500x500 and look like crap...

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by ovi » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:31 pm

dabomb59404 wrote: Are there any extension developers that actually think Disqus is a good thing? I doubt it but if so why?
It's obvious that disqus is not a long term solution for Opencart because besides the security concerns and the inflexibility for developers to moderate comments for their own extensions, it is slow and I don't know how it will manage thousands of comments for an extension. Now there are already some (minor) performance issues for 50 comments for an extension, but when there will be thousands of comments we can expect from disqus to make the site unresponsive or even crash.

And let's now forget about old comments (which contain many useful information for extensions) which should be imported ...

ovi

Post by Daniel » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:37 am

im putting the comments back!

also stop bitching!

things take time!

i tried disqcus people don't like it ok we can go back but have about million other things to do first!
I also buy extensions for my clients or refer them to OpenCart to purchase but I am bypassing OpenCart for the moment and going directly to the developer(s).
@sybernetic

you should use your brain before trying to cause trouble! you don't cause trouble with the company you are making money from!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by sybernetic » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:44 pm

@Daniel,
Thanks for listening and I look forward to the comments being restored :)
I want to purchase, use and sell OpenCart extensions because I believe that this best suits the entire community including yourself (which I am more than happy to do). However, perhaps a simple "Here's what we're doing to improve the new website" page or post would prevent and give those allegedly "bitching" something to look forward to?
Edit: Does this qualify for "using my brain"?
Last edited by sybernetic on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by budgetneon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:04 pm

I take it the issue of downloaded ocmod files not being installable without the end user renaming the file isn't going to be fixed...ever?

Would the opencart team at least consider putting some text around the download button that explains to end users that they'll need to rename the file?

Edit: I suppose this could also be considered bitching? If so, please note that my extensions are free, so I'm not complaining because of lost revenue. I'm complaining because this upgrade was rolled out, apparently with no testing whatsoever, and the impact to end users is obviously notable.

Post by zengrafic » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:50 am

budgetneon wrote:I take it the issue of downloaded ocmod files not being installable without the end user renaming the file isn't going to be fixed...ever?
Would the opencart team at least consider putting some text around the download button that explains to end users that they'll need to rename the file?
A temporany idea would be to write a note yourself on your extension page

Location - Earth

Post by budgetneon » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:49 am

>A temporany idea would be to write a note yourself on your extension page

Unfortunately, any text you put on your extension page isn't anywhere near the download button. People don't read all the text you put on the page and remember it later. Contextual (near the button) would help a bit. Fixing the bug would help more :)