Post by SubatWest » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:48 am

Hi
The website I have been helping my son with is finished but he has now asked me to help with something he wants to adjust.At the moment we have a page that displays all products which shows the thumbnails as below:
thumbnails1.png

thumbnails1.png (98.84 KiB) Viewed 651 times

He wants it to look like this:
thumbnails2.png

thumbnails2.png (109.23 KiB) Viewed 651 times

I have tried using the CSS and in line style in Product description, but both did not work as the thumbnail seems to ignore the changes. Can anyone tell me- where is the thumbnail assembled and what controlls its CSS in order to achieve the effect needed?
Thanks

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:02 pm

Make it to be a VALUE, like a not actively used model Number or similar, so you could place it above the description section, in any Font Size and Type. It's the only easy way, to do such.
Add field to category view
viewtopic.php?f=182&t=170072&p=645653#p645254
Good Luck ! ;)
Ernie

PS. And from next time on, better mention the VERSION used, and the THEME, otherways, you may overestimate the mood of others, to ask for such first...

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by SubatWest » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:10 pm

Thanks Ernie
As usual a wise old bird!
I have been able to achieve that effect on category changes and it looks fine BUT the thumbnails are not still picking it up. Any further advice

Post by cyclops12 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:31 pm

Sorry for a bit of bad news but if you click on "All Products" on your site there are "Undefined" errors appearing at top of page

Expert Member

Post by SubatWest » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:01 pm

Thanks for input.

That was me experimenting.

I have looked at the problem and realised how to solve it BUT
the result is
2016-11-12 12_36_03-All Products Listing.png

2016-11-12 12_36_03-All Products Listing.png (191.62 KiB) Viewed 624 times

Now that I have it I have been trying to write a conditional statement that will put it only into a specific category.
I have used this code:

Code: Select all

<div><h2>FOR HIRE: </h2><?php echo $product['hire']; ?></div>
To try and bring it into the thumb conditionally I used:

if (if $category = $Combine_Hire ) {
        <div><h2>FOR HIRE: </h2><?php echo $product['hire']; ?></div>;
    } else {
       " "    } 
and then tried

<% if (if $category = $Combine_Hire ) { %>
        <div><h2>FOR HIRE: </h2><?php echo $product['hire']; ?></div>;
  <%  } else {    %>
       " "  <%  }        %>
I am not a coder and just try to learn as I go. Both of these do not work. Any ideas?

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:14 am

a conditional statement and it's variable does not work by itselfs, it requires to be defined/declared in it's participating controller/product/product.php file as well, and
eventually in the corresponding language section file(s), if multi-language Shops are involved. Possibly, it also requires an admin/model/... File Routine, to 'talk' with the DB. ;)

This because, it needs it's place in the DB, placed in the Product Table somethere, as well as beeing added to the Admin Product Section, in order to declare, where it should be visible, and in wich form.

So, this ends up to be a full size extension, i assume... :D
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by SubatWest » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Thanks to both of you who responded appreciated as always. Your comments helped me in the direction I need to go and have found a solution that is not what I was aksed for but works.
Thanks