Post by motion2082 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:17 am

Hey guys,

Have an issue with OC 2.0.3.2

When I activate make SEO friendly URLs none of my sites pages load.

Tried changing .htaccess to default and no success

Rewrite is On

Anyone else solve this issue?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by imdevlper18 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:34 pm

When you enable seo friendly links in admin. And then visit this links on store front what do you get ?

Opencart Extensions | Professional opencart support | Support Ticket | support@cartbinder.com


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun May 11, 2014 2:04 pm


Post by Hannah00 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:52 pm

I find some extension that allows to create the SEO friendly url for all of your products, categories, manufacturer and information. It automatically create SEO keyword based on your title, so if you forget to give SEO keyword still your site will have SEO friendly URL generated automatically.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... 0seo%20url

Opencart migration & upgrade tool


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Wed May 04, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by Anjela » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:49 pm

hello,
I have also same issue if any one know please provide solution..

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by motion2082 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:30 am

Anjela wrote:hello,
I have also same issue if any one know please provide solution..
I have had this issue on all my OpenCart stores...getting annoying as SEO is sufferring

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by motion2082 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:35 am

Hannah00 wrote:I find some extension that allows to create the SEO friendly url for all of your products, categories, manufacturer and information. It automatically create SEO keyword based on your title, so if you forget to give SEO keyword still your site will have SEO friendly URL generated automatically.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... 0seo%20url
This doesn't really help me but thanks for trying

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by labeshops » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:57 am

My guess is you are not activating it correctly. It's 3 steps:

1. assign seo urls to all categories, products, etc by editing them or adding it when you add a new one.
2. rename .htaccess.txt to .htaccess (remove the .txt from the end) and make sure there are no other htaccess files in your folder where opencart is installed.
3. in settings >server, enable seo urls and save

Then clear/reload modifications and clear any caches like vqmod, system, etc.

Should work fine. If not, make sure rewrite is enabled on your server (you say it is so assume this is true).

Otherwise, you might give us your url so we can see if there are other issues.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Image


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:41 am
Location - Florida, USA

Post by tedbg » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:14 pm

You can also check up for duplicated SEO keywords before switching to Enabled in the admin > settings. Since globaly you shouldn't have no duplicated SEO keywords for all - products, categories, manufactureres , info pages , etc.
Sometimes this cause the pages not to load.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri May 29, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by motion2082 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:22 pm

labeshops wrote:My guess is you are not activating it correctly. It's 3 steps:

1. assign seo urls to all categories, products, etc by editing them or adding it when you add a new one.
2. rename .htaccess.txt to .htaccess (remove the .txt from the end) and make sure there are no other htaccess files in your folder where opencart is installed.
3. in settings >server, enable seo urls and save

Then clear/reload modifications and clear any caches like vqmod, system, etc.

Should work fine. If not, make sure rewrite is enabled on your server (you say it is so assume this is true).

Otherwise, you might give us your url so we can see if there are other issues.
Hi Labeshops,

Thank you for your reply.

I will give this a try and see how I go.

If I were to miss a SEO Url for a category or a product, would this effects all categories and products or just that particular section?

Motion 8)

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by motion2082 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:23 pm

tedbg wrote:You can also check up for duplicated SEO keywords before switching to Enabled in the admin > settings. Since globaly you shouldn't have no duplicated SEO keywords for all - products, categories, manufactureres , info pages , etc.
Sometimes this cause the pages not to load.
Thanks Ted, I will log into PHPMyAdmin and have a look ;)

UPDATE: OMG it works O0

Weird why it didn't work the first time, cheers :drunk:

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by labeshops » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:54 am

No, if you forget an url it won't break anything - just that category or product will show as the full route= path as it does with seo urls not enabled.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Image


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:41 am
Location - Florida, USA

Post by NorthernPride » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:17 am

Can someone please confirm that enabling SEO URLS in OC ver 2.2 will make product urls appear as http://mydomain.com/leather-bag and not http://mydomain.com/leather-bag?path=60
I can not get products listed on product listings pages to display without the ?path=
Products listed on my homepage work and show the product without the trailing ?path=01

How do I get this work?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed May 30, 2012 9:26 am

Post by labeshops » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:27 am

Yes, it works fine. see my sites in my signature - all run under 2.2.

See my steps to activate seo urls above in this thread. It works.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Image


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:41 am
Location - Florida, USA
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests