Post by artofjustis » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:14 am

I am trying to understand COUPONS.

I have a COUPON that gives 40% and has the "FREE SHIPPING" selected.

Because I do not offer "FREE SHIPPING" on my site, I do not have the "FREE SHIPPING" module enabled.

However in order for the COUPON to work it needs to be enabled.

When it is enabled, it works. However it overs "FREE SHIPPING" to ALL customers. So I set the amount to $500 to avoid having the "FREE SHIPPING" module offered to all my customers. When doing so, the COUPON no longer allows both the 40% discount and FREE SHIPPING. Only the 40% discount is applied. I will assume because I have specified an amount of $500 for the FREE SHIPPING to be activated, it no longer works with the COUPON which is at 0. Which is NO good in my case.

Is there a solution out there? Thanks

Post by Johnathan » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:11 pm

When selecting "Free Shipping" for a coupon, it will automatically give free shipping to the order when the coupon is activated, regardless of the shipping method or cost. It just adds a line item to the order with a discount for the shipping, to balance out the shipping cost.

If you want a coupon that gives 40% off, then don't select "Free Shipping". If you also want to give Free Shipping, then select that as well, and it will give 40% off and free shipping. If that's not working for you, post a screenshot of the coupon settings, which may be set up wrong.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by deunus » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Same problem with me.
Please help me. Its very urgent.

Attachments

coupon setting 2.JPG

coupon setting 2.JPG (40.51 KiB) Viewed 2496 times

coupon setting.JPG

coupon setting.JPG (56.76 KiB) Viewed 2496 times

Post by Johnathan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:40 pm

That coupon gives 10% off the selected products, AND free shipping to whatever shipping method the customer has selected. If that's not what you want, turn Free Shipping to "No".

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator