Post by sukhbirgs » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:55 am

Hello all, new to opencart coming over from oscommerce. I have a question/request is there a module (Document Management ) where we can upload product related files ex: manuals, software etc grouped in categories and link the category to product so if any file is uploaded to category it shows up on products page ( may be in a tab).

Our products have different kinds of downloads that are sorted into categories so its easier for customer to find what they are looking for. Something like this

Manuals ( Main category )
|_> Type1 ( Sub category)
|_> File.pdf
|_> File.pdf
|_> Type2 (Sub category)
|_> File.pdf
|_> File.pdf

Software ( Main category )
|_> Type1 ( Sub category )
|_> File.pdf
|_> File.pdf
|_> Type2 ( Sub category )
|_> File.zip
|_> File.zip

Checked extensions and the ones listed there are very basic or maybe i missed them.
Thanks, php programmer and learning ins and outs of the code. Just don't have enough time to do it myself.

Post by Gollum3273 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:35 am

i could also do with the answer to this, as I've been searching for weeks now trying to find something that links downloads to a category rather than a product.....
so if anyone has the answer it would be great for some help!!! I'm using 2.0.3.0 at the moment

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:23 am

Well, depending on Imagination and OC-Knowledge, such could be achieved by use
or some of the Extensions, linked below, and depending on the OC Version used.
One could 'group' certain Products, and each one of them links to some Download.
So, one could download several Files, or even Sub-Files, in one step from selected
Category Pages, possibly HIDDEN otherways, if one does not want them to be visible
in 'regular' View or Access.

Just an Idea!
It takes some planning, and Co-ordination, to set up something like this, one also should
consider User-Group Settings, to allow a selected range of users to download such stuff.
But better don't expect anyone, to tell you here, how to do it... :laugh:
because it would take a lot of time and brainwork, just for the plain fun of it.
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie
---
viewtopic.php?f=184&t=158063&p=653640#p653640
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by dalibor » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:58 am