Post by art123 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:25 am

Hi,

(I am using Opencart 2)

I have noticed some issues regarding product quantities. For example:

1. Sometimes the products quantities just randomly change, even though no one bought those particular products. For example, a product may have quantity 3, then the next time I login it has changed to 4 or 2, or a product may have quantity 0, then the next time I login it has changed to 2 or -1, and so on. (This has happened a lot. I now have to manually check the quantities are accurate each time I login, and manually change the quantities which have changed.

2. When I sell an item, the quantity isn't always subtracted. Even though Product: Subtract quantity is set to yes (for all products), and the Settings: Subtract stock when status is Processing. However, occasionally the stock quantity is subtracted, and occasionally it isn't. (However, I have only noticed this once or twice).

I have a strong 15+ character password to login. And I am the only one who has the login password. Therefore, I am fairly certain it is a bug with the Opencart quantity updates.

What is causing this bug, and how can it be fixed?

Thanks

Post by RichMo2 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:00 pm

I've also noticed something like this.

I've only noticed as a customer called asking about stock levels. An item I recently updated to have 20+ in stock is today showing -24.

I would suspect it has something to do orders that fail at the checkout process, such as cards declined. Is anyone looking in to this??

Post by art123 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:23 am

I thought that is what might be causing the issue as well. So, I checked out using Paypal, but did not complete the payment. However, the stock quantity did not change. Therefore, it probably isn't what is causing the issue. It is most likely a bug. Additionally, I also noticed the stock quantities randomly going up, not only down.

Is anyone else noticing stock quantities randomly changing?

Does anyone know what might be causing this? And does anyone know how to fix it?

Post by Gorilla » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:40 am

this has got me worried i just noticed this month people were ordering a product that was out of stock, and when i started to look into it further i noticed that my stock is all screwed up. and i think it has o do with the order statuses.

check a stock level of a product with a test order and switch the order statuses and for me i realized shit i didn't set up my order statuses correctly in System/setting/Stores/Settings under the options tab i forgot to add statuses to the why should the store subtract the stock

mike = http://www.gorillagear.ca

Post by Time111 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:44 am

Hi,

Im facing same issue if i manually put any product stock to 0 after some days its back to 3 or 4 anything, anybody got the answer on how to solve it.

Subtract Stock is active in my settings.

~Time
OC 2.0.3.1.