Post by huangyuanpu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:50 pm

I knew Opencart yesterday, and now I fall love in it. The problem is I have used ZenCart in the past one year (also very good, but it's a little difficult to me), I have 5000 products on my ZenCart website.

Now, if I change my system from ZenCart to Opencart, is there a simple method to transfer all the products to Opencart?

Thank you so much!

Post by qahar » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:16 pm

From what i know, there is no migration tools from other cart shopping into opencart.
For mass input to opencart you can use export/import module.
I hope that can help you.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by i2Paq » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:37 pm

I believe there is a piece of software that will covert some of the Zencart database (user, products etc.) to be imported in the OpenCart database.

I tried to find the link here on the forums but was unable to.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by SXGuy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:15 pm

guys,

Cart2Cart will move zencart products over to opencart with ease.

I have used this service for clients before, its pretty straight forward.

Basically this is how it works.

Install opencart either in a new folder on the same domain or a different domain, whichever applies.

Go to cart2cart, proceed to set up the transfer.

It will ask you to select the version of zencart you are transfering and the version of opencart you are transfering to.

It gives you two files to place on your domain via ftp, one for zencart location, the other for opencart location.

It will scan zencart and build all the structures, and then give you the ability to select what and what you dont want transfered.

Once you pay, it will transfer everything for you.

The only thing that didnt work so well i noticed, was some cart softwares use products as discounts where opencart does not, so Cart2Cart sometimes carries over redundant products but they can easily be deleted after.

http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/

Post by huangyuanpu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:25 pm

qahar wrote:From what i know, there is no migration tools from other cart shopping into opencart.
For mass input to opencart you can use export/import module.
I hope that can help you.
Hi Qahar, thank you very much, did you use the export/import module? how was it?

Post by i2Paq » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 pm

SXGuy wrote:guys,

Cart2Cart will move zencart products over to opencart with ease.

http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/
Thanks!

I saved that link for future use ;)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by qahar » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:44 pm

huangyuanpu wrote:Hi Qahar, thank you very much, did you use the export/import module? how was it?
Honestly i never try it before.
There is export/import module troubleshoot thread; check there to give you information.
Or try SXguy solution: http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/
;D

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by themechanic » Fri May 13, 2011 11:47 pm

warning shopping-cart-migration.com has a test prior to payment. The test proved that the migration would not work. (from Zen 1.3.8 or so to Open Cart v1.4.9.5)
Didn't hear from them for over a week and they contacted the client OOPS, who went beserk thinking that $49 which quickly turned into $79, was all there was to cart/database migration. We would never use them. We used the guy here from the extensions store, skyped him and he did it live for $29. With any migration/cart 2 cart it will take some work and some time. But the end result of moving from Zen cart to Open cart is unbelievable. Better, faster, cleaner. Been with Zen Cart since 2004 or so.
What Daniel, Qphoria and the rest have done is amazing.
Looking forward to helping Open Cart stay number 1.

Mike

Post by SXGuy » Sat May 14, 2011 12:24 am

well i used cart 2 cart and it worked perfectly except for some of the discount and coupon options were imported as products but you just delete those.

Post by Cart2Cart Team » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:50 pm

themechanic wrote:warning shopping-cart-migration.com has a test prior to payment. The test proved that the migration would not work. (from Zen 1.3.8 or so to Open Cart v1.4.9.5)
Didn't hear from them for over a week and they contacted the client OOPS, who went beserk thinking that $49 which quickly turned into $79, was all there was to cart/database migration.
Mike,
thanks for your feedback.
First of all, Cart2Cart supports migration of products with product info, categories, customers, orders and also currencies, manufacturers, taxes from Zen Cart 1.3.8 or so to Open Cart v1.4.9.5
Any complications during Demo Migration may be caused by previous store customizations, incorrect bridge installation or any external errors. Cart2Cart support team will help you solve any of these issue, but you would need to provide your valid email during registration for us to be able to reach you. Then you will be able to finish your Demo Migration and check the results.

As for the price, $49 is the starting price for migration of up to 1000 products, 500 customers and 500 orders. If the amount of data you need to migrate is bigger, you can easily define the approximate price with Migration Estimator: https://app.shopping-cart-migration.com/estimator Just specify your carts and the number of products, customers and orders to be migrated and you will get the price and approximate time it's gonna take.

Cart2Cart - simple, fast and effective migration to OpenCart

Post by KeyLeeAM » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:19 pm

As I know, there are many free tool to transfer data from zencart to opencart. However, it requires some tech about data transfer, epecially if you want to keep SEO URLs. You can export data from zen cart and import to opencart with guide.

Post by Hannah00 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:12 pm

If users want to transfer zen cart to opencart, the easiest way is export data from zen cart and import to opencart. However, the differences about structures between zen cart and opencart causes errors during importing data. Some fields that is not compatible with new structure will be removed. To be sure about result of migrating database, you can try zen cart to opencart migration tool that is not free but automated to run all data.

Opencart migration & upgrade tool