Post by richman123 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:14 am

Hello,

I am brand new to open cart and forums. I hope that I am posting in the correct place. I am a customer of SanMar clothing and would like to import the product catalog data file into opencart 1.5.6. I have OpenTshirt set up and installed with OpenCart but am at a loss for how to import the data file.

If you can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,
Rich

Post by rjcalifornia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:48 am

Are importing using an .csv file?

I think you have to do everything manually.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by Hannah00 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:03 pm

You are a customer of SanMar. Did you have database of SanMar? If you only download image and information for website, it is difficult to import file to new site.

Opencart migration & upgrade tool

Post by artcore » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:55 pm

richman123 wrote:Hello,

I am brand new to open cart and forums. I hope that I am posting in the correct place. I am a customer of SanMar clothing and would like to import the product catalog data file into opencart 1.5.6. I have OpenTshirt set up and installed with OpenCart but am at a loss for how to import the data file.

Thank you,
Rich
Hi Rich and welcome to the forum.
You didn't specifiy the type of data file but the extension market has lots of good (free) options to import Excel, CSV, XML.
The hard part usually is to match the headers of the reseller feed to opencart's. If you are not tech savvy make sure you find an extension that can map headers.

example opencart -> reseller

manufacturer -> Brand + Title
price -> round(Price * 1.4) / (tax)
image -> Picture

I hope you get the gist of it ;D
It's easy to understand but can be laborious.

Cheers

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by richman123 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:29 am

rjcalifornia wrote:Are importing using an .csv file?

I think you have to do everything manually.
It is a .csv file

Post by richman123 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:36 am

artcore wrote:
richman123 wrote:Hello,

Thank you,
Rich
Hi Rich and welcome to the forum.
You didn't specifiy the type of data file but the extension market has lots of good (free) options to import Excel, CSV, XML.
The hard part usually is to match the headers of the reseller feed to opencart's. If you are not tech savvy make sure you find an extension that can map headers.

example opencart -> reseller

manufacturer -> Brand + Title
price -> round(Price * 1.4) / (tax)
image -> Picture

I hope you get the gist of it ;D
It's easy to understand but can be laborious.

Cheers
Thank you for the help,

Can you recommend any free extensions?

Post by artcore » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:24 am

Import/Export by JNeuhof works fine but you have to map yourself using Excel/Office
Do a search in the opencart extension market and you'll find something free or affordable! I have no recommendations otherwise

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands