Post by _YJ_ » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:17 am

I am running OC 2.1.0.2
I have installed the recommended export/import extension and a 3rd part trial of eMagicOne Store Manager.
When ran to import my product obtained from Dropship Direct, Both programs say they were successful. When I go to the product listing in the admin side, nothing is there. When I go to the different categories I've put in, on the front end, no product is there.
I have searched and searched for days on end, here for some kind of hint of what I might be doing wrong or missed, to no avail.
Can some one PLEASE help me out on this one and direct me to a solution? You can take a look at the Front end at http://www.dunnrightoutdoors.com
If you need any more info, just ask and I'll be more than happy to supply what I can.
Thanks in advance.
YJ

Post by artcore » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:33 am

Hi,
My guess would be the language for admin side and possibly status for front end.
If your admin is English and you imported products for Dutch language_id, they won't show up. They should however show on the front when Dutch is selected, unless they are disabled.
These are typical, other issues that might play a role for you are unknown :)
At the least you should check the database tables to see what's up.

Good luck!

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by _YJ_ » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:15 am

Thanks artcore.. I'll go take a look at those. I'll be back one way or the other..

Post by _YJ_ » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:53 am

Hi artcore, (and anyone else that might be able to help)
I have removed all languages except for the default (english)
Didn't help.
I have checked permissions
all is ok
I made a backup of the .sql database, then opened that up and went through it and the products are all there,
the tables are all there starting with the product ID.
I manually added one product (a fishing boat I have for sale). That shows up just fine but none of the rest of the products.
I restored the database as an update but still no go.
I've been through the admin side a thousand times and for the life of me I can not figure out a way to make them show up, other than the boat.

my shop is running v 2.1.0.2 of OC at http://dunnrightoutdoors.com.
I've got six categories set up on the top menu plus a Home button.
Currently no SSL (until payday). The import was done with the Export/Import extension that I got here for my version of OC. Any other info I can give that might help ya'll help me?
Thanks in advance.
YJ

Post by artcore » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:20 am

Compare all product related tables (manual product vs imported) and it should be an easy fix. They all start with product_ Maybe store_id in product_to_store or the usual suspects like I mentioned.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.

Thanks!

Post by _YJ_ » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:51 am

Well. Here's where I'm at. I've been so frustrated with this thing that today I completely un-installed opencart then checked with my ftp just to make sure nothing was left over. Check.. Then I went back to my host and re installed opencart all fresh, installed the export/import tool. Then deleted the demo folder. Then went to my drop shipper and got a new download of all the products I needed.
Now I imported the product and category listing again.
Went to category on the admin side and nothing changed. Still no product.
I am at my wits end over this and completely lost.

Please, can someone with more knowledge that I find a solution for me. I've got v2.1.0.2 at http://www.dunnrightoutdoors.com now with a near naked home page.
Thanks in advance.
YJ

Post by artcore » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Don't worry, it's probably something silly.
If you send me (part of) the feed along with the steps you took to import, I might find something...
support[at]ilithemes.com

Thanks!

Post by e-Quintana » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:26 am

Hi,

Has there been any resolution to this? I have exactly the same problem.

TIA

Post by artcore » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:18 pm

_YJ_ never came back and his site has products so I figure he solved it. I don't know what the culprit was.

If you give us the steps you took, oc version and a sample of the feed, we might be able to pinpoint your issue.

Thanks!

Post by e-Quintana » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:13 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Sample of the data feed attached.

OpenCart Version 2.3.0.2

Installed this to import the feed.
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=47

Imported the feed, site reported the import was successful, but nothing displayed in site.

Chris

Attachments

xls fiile of feed ziped

Post by artcore » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:19 am

Looking at the headers of the excel, I can't believe it imported successfully. They are not compatible with OC and I know the import tool even bitches about unsuccesive product ids.
But I'll give it a go tomorrow as I haven't played with oc2.3 yet.

Thanks!

Post by artcore » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:15 am

It did import successfully(!) but no categories nor products. That is to be expected as the excel column names need to match the db. Export the current catalog to excel and repopulate your excel using these headers and report back. Please ;D

Thanks!

Post by e-Quintana » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:16 am

Many thanks for confirming the import works but fails to display.

Hmm! This will be fun to work out. The exported sheet has 41 columns whereas the one for import only has 28 both sheets have some column headings which don't match anything in the other sheet, and whose meaning I don't have a clue about, so don't know what to use for what, plus one sheet has two image columns and the other only has one. There are so many permutations I could be some time. I think I will also get in touch with Dropship Direct and ask them why they advertise that they are compatible with OpenCart, when clearly they are not.

Chris

Post by artcore » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:35 am

if you know a bit of excel it's pretty easy to populate the oc version but laborsome. There might be an extension that can do the mapping for you - CSV import also works btw. Save the xls as CSV
In any case the sheet with just images are the additional product images, wheras the main product image is in the product sheet ;)

Thanks!