Post by 3gmusicandsound » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:20 am

I'm setting up recurring payments for our client.

The recurring payment doesn't work unless there is a product price, which is charged in addition to the recurring payment profile. This is causing a double charge. If the product price is set to $0, paypal express won't work even with the profile set.

Can someone help me with this please? I'm really stumped and it seems like a bit of a bug. I just want the recurring profile created without the additional product price.

Post by JeffroDH » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:54 am

I'm having the same issue. In 1.5.6.4 and 2.0

Post by groc » Sun May 10, 2015 8:17 am

This is happening to me in OC 2.0.2.0. I am getting paid/charged double. It might be because I'm using a sandbox paypal account now. I haven't tried it live, have you tried it live?

I tried to set the initial payment to 0 to avoid the double spend but that's not allowed. I hear it might be possible to disable the price to only use profiles, but haven't found any more information on it.

Post by hookahbox » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:13 am

BUMP, SAME PROBLEM

PLEASE HELP USING OPENCART 2

Post by marthaSplatterHead » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:00 am

Version 2.0.3.1 it not sandbox issue. I'm doing live tests and getting the same result, there should be a delay of some kind for the charge, or possibly remove initial charge when subscriptions are involved..

Post by artcore » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:19 am

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=22687
This might help, though it's not a free extension!

It adds the recurring costs to the cart and checkout without the need for an initial product price.

Demo:http://demo.ilithemes.com/oc2031/

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by marthaSplatterHead » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:31 am

artcore wrote:This might help, though it's not a free extension!
So just to clarify, this extension make it so when they subscribe they don't get charged for the product and then automatically charged for say the first month? I'm assuming that means the charge is spun from open cart and not paypal is that correct?

Post by artcore » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:01 am

Yes, the charge can be only for the subscription, the product containing the subscription can be free or any amount which is charged one time.
After checkout using paypal express or any other method that supports subscriptions, opencart is out of the loop. Paypal will automatically charge the customer each cycle and report back to opencart, where you can view the transactions made. The client can stop the auto payments in their Paypal or your webshop.

In the images section for the extension you can see an example of a Paypal checkout. Note the profile charges.

You can directly mail me if you have more questions to not hog this topic. support[at]ilithemes.com

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.

Thanks!

Post by bbesupplements » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:41 am

I need this to work for Authorize.net. I thought I could set up recurring payments in opencart 2.03 but apparently it just won't let me do it. When I click to add recurring nothing happens on a product page.

I've been looking for even an extension to do this and all I find is for Paypal or not my version of opencart.

Post by artcore » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Out of the box, OpenCart supports recurring payments using PayPal Express only.
Authorize.net does support recurring payments but this has not been integrated into OpenCart (yet)
You can post a commercial request in the forum if there's nothing available in the market already.

I have no plans writing a payment module for Authorize.net but will release a solution later on that adds recurring support for any payment method

Thanks!

Post by ocemr » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:38 am

I was able to fix this by adding a downloadable file to the product -> link and set the product weight to 0.
Open cart considers this as a downloadable product and won't charge the original price set for the product.
However, the recurring payment will be processed by pay pal, this is a workaround but it works.

dynamicemr.com

Post by JeffroDH » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:14 pm

ocemr wrote:I was able to fix this by adding a downloadable file to the product -> link and set the product weight to 0.
Open cart considers this as a downloadable product and won't charge the original price set for the product.
However, the recurring payment will be processed by pay pal, this is a workaround but it works.
I was not able to duplicate this workaround with Opencart 2.0.3.1. The issue arises because of the way PP_EXpress is implemented in Opencart. I'm no expert on the Paypal API, but based on their developer overview, it is possible to create a recurring profile without calling "DoExpressCheckoutPayment" method, which is the method that processes a standard express payment.

In the PP-express module, however, the "DoExpressCheckoutPayment" method is called and the "CreateRecurringPaymentsProfile" method call is predicated on the success of the "DoExpressCheckoutPayment" call. I've tried simply setting the $item_price to '0' if it's a recurring product, but that won't work if the recurring product is the only product in the cart, because the "DoExpressCheckoutPayment" will still be called and fail because the order total will be $0.

A simple cut/move of the code responsible for creating the recurring profile works, in that the recurring profile is created AND the customer isn't charged for the initial price, but the recurring payment gets entered into the database without an order to link to, and creates problems.