Post by JeffroDH » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Hello all, trying to set up recurring payments and had a few questions.

First, is OpenCart still charging the product price AND the initial subscription charge when the item is checked out? If so, is there a fix in the latest builds that I could apply? I don't feel like paying for an extension to fix a giant bug like this is appropriate.

Also, if I set this up as a payment every 1 year for 1 payment, is that essentially like creating a non-recurring payment, or will OC still try to charge the customer twice?"

This is pretty basic, and a critical step in making this work, and it feels like an afterthought.

Post by artcore » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:28 pm

First, is OpenCart still charging the product price AND the initial subscription charge when the item is checked out?

-Yes

If so, is there a fix in the latest builds that I could apply?

-Yes, if you understand how the PayPal API works. Not an easy feat

Also, if I set this up as a payment every 1 year for 1 payment, is that essentially like creating a non-recurring payment, or will OC still try to charge the customer twice?"

-If you add a profile to the product it'll be charged on top of the product price which cannot be zero. You could use it as a downpayment, just an idea

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by JeffroDH » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Alright, well this is unacceptable for my use case, so it looks like I'm going to have to code a fix. When it's done, I'll make it available for free.

If someone would link me to a good tutorial on using github, I'll even submit a proper merge request, or whatever.