Post by SabrinaKing » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:23 pm

I was referred to open the a2hosting host account due to opencart's advertisement for them, but after 3 months' using, the fact is their host service is very bad and not good at all for websites based on opencart at all. Only one website on their host, less than 10 visitors per days, they make it seem overload speaking that opencart 2.2 system is abusive on their resources, and then push you to spend $360 on their VPS service, if you don't do that, they cancel the service and shut down the host together with your website. Opencart is a good open resource, you really should not let A2hosting to cheat your users who trust your technologs.

This is a total fact, proof can be post here for everyone to see the truth how bad a2hosting is. People shall not be scammed by them any more!

Post by SabrinaKing » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:40 am

Attached is the email I got from their " CUSTOMER CARE"

After sending two emails to them asking why one website with less 10 visitors per day can cause their server I paid for overload, then I got this reply, the core meaning there is: either you stop asking, or pay more to upgrade to the VPS (at least $360 per year), otherwise they cancel the service.

No real solution, no "customer care", no technical support, even no a name that people can see who are responsible for the case, only one thing there: You need to pay more.

I am really doubting they first trick people by a low price to use their shared host, and later, after a little while, making the server already paid overload, so you have no other way but paying more to upgrade, of course, you must be doing those quietly, if you asking, they will shut you down.

There are two things from them, one is a livechat confirming the server overload is not the website problem but something else he didn't say clearly, another is an email from them, saying the website built totally on opencart is not optimization thus causing server overload, and must use their managed VPS which can be posted here also.

I must say, if opencart as a open source now is trying to get benefit through advertising this A2hosting which is scamming people, you can ignore this, but you will not go far.

Attachments

20160731_092351 (1).jpg

20160731_092351 (1).jpg (112.6 KiB) Viewed 12489 times

Post by victorj » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:00 pm

I would download all files, get a sql backup of database, and ask money back as advertised on their site.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by labeshops » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Unfortunately, a lot of hosting companies that offer super cheap hosting cram as many accounts onto a server as they can - which is why shared hosting is NOT great for ecommerce. But when a company advertises they offer ecommmerce hosting -especially optimized for opencart, they should be aware they need to limit the number of accounts on each server, not just make you get a VPS, especially when you are just starting out.

I agree with Victorj - I would backup everything and get your money back. Or go with a host that will help you transfer everything from them like evolve (see my signature), then get your money back.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:39 am

Hello Sabrina,

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with our hosting services. Having looked into this, it would seem your account was hitting the resource limits which we have implemented in order to protect other users on the server. These limitations were disclosed as a part of the Swift package you signed up for and so, this was not an issue of an overloaded server as you describe.

Prior to offering a VPS upgrade we offered to assist you in optimizing your OpenCart installation which we expect would have brought your resource usage down to acceptable levels. Unfortunately, you decided against our assistance.

As you did not want our assistance in optimizing your OpenCart installation we informed you, unless your installation is optimized, you will keep hitting the resource limits and so a VPS upgrade would be necessary.

Whilst we try to satisfy all of our clients, in certain cases this simply isn’t possible and unfortunately, we feel it would be best for everybody involved is we went separate ways. That being said, if you require any assistance in backing up your data and transferring to a new hosting provider please let us know as we would be more than willing to help you.

We wish you the best with your new hosting provider and thank you for trying A2 Hosting.

HostDash - Blazing Fast OpenCart Hosting. Ranked 4th Best Host on Hostimony

Post by victorj » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:49 am

a site that size should not exceed limits by miles, unless resources are extreem limited.
I know sites (opencart) on shared hosting, hitting a 1000 or more visitors, get about 12 to 15000 pageloads excluded the load from search engines, hosted on similar priced hosting, that never hit the limit off resources.
In fact my all of my sites are on a vps, and even with high traffic it never exceeds above 10% resources.

SO eitehr your resources are extreem limited, or that site is getting a huge visitor/search engine traffic

Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.

Expert Member

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:35 am

Hi Victor,

Our Swift package includes 1 GB memory, 2 x 2.1 GHz CPU cores and 8 GB virtual memory which is enough resources for a fairly busy OpenCart store. In fact, we have many clients pushing significant traffic across our shared packages including OpenCart users. In this case I can't comment on what Sabrina's traffic is/was though I do invite her to share those details. All things considered, it is safe to say the best option for Sabrina would have been to upgrade to a VPS server just like you have.

HostDash - Blazing Fast OpenCart Hosting. Ranked 4th Best Host on Hostimony

Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:42 am

At the risk of making some unhappy I feel I must jump in....

IF a company is focused on providing hosting for Opencart carts, and they advertise shared hosting for that hosting, they should know if it can be done under a normal OC installation. I have been on shared hosting for years and I have NEVER had my web host tell me I am maxing out my resources. So it makes me really interested to know how much traffic Sabrina has.

You say
In this case I can't comment on what Sabrina's traffic is/was though I do invite her to share those details
does that mean you can't because of privacy concerns or you can't because you don't know how much traffic was processed going to her site?

Now I would love so much traffic that I would need a VPS, and I will be asking advice about that in another post, BUT just how much traffic do you have to have in order to require a VPS with Opencart???

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by a2hosting » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:44 am

@Cue4cheap - It's not our traffic to share.

As I'm sure you're aware, each situation is unique. It's not a matter of "X amount of visitors will then require you to get a VPS". It's a combination of the hosting plan, the traffic and the configuration of the website.

Everyone knows a poorly coded website can cause issues. Opencart out of the box is a great platform, but additions and customizations to it can cause load issues if not done properly.

If you'd like to have us give you some recommendations based on your unique needs, we'd be glad to help with that on another thread, PM or a ticket directly with my team!

A2 Hosting - High Performance OpenCart Hosting
Shared | VPS | Dedicated | Reseller | Cloud | and More!
https://www.a2hosting.com

Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:22 am

a2hosting wrote: If you'd like to have us give you some recommendations based on your unique needs, we'd be glad to help with that on another thread, PM or a ticket directly with my team!
Nope. Your reply reads, to me, like a political answer versus providing valid load-levels that can be handled for vanilla opencart version X, etc. so I am not interested.

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Dhaupin » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:13 pm

Hmmm how exactly do you optimize OC? Arent you guys advertising for blazing fast OC installs out of the box? What is your entry process cap for those plans?

How many products/cats are in the op's store? Could it be not his/her fault per-say? OC is pretty inefficient in various spots and surely you didnt repair them all unless you actually have your boots on the ground running a real store under load (i could be wrong). As 1 example, its quite trivial to (get) DOS (by good bots) on things like google feeds. Google merchant bot hits 3 times for a feed consistently, which could easily cap limit and/or hit entry process causing LVE server errors (500) causing warns/auto-suspends from CloudLinux. As you can see, there is no caching, and if you didnt add it, then that its your fault for advertising "optimized oc":

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... e_base.php

Here is an example of requests on a very small feed with optimized/custom module. The google_base feed is far less efficient, with far greater mem use and much longer render times. This can easily cause LVE warns:
2016-08-01 3:00:41 @GoogleMerchant Example Store | Shopping Feed was generated via IP 74.125.75.99 [Googlebot] Memory: 18MB Time: 5.02 Sec
2016-08-01 3:00:35 @GoogleMerchant Example Store | Shopping Feed was generated via IP 74.125.77.35 [Googlebot] Memory: 18MB Time: 4.92 Sec
2016-08-01 3:00:29 @GoogleMerchant Example Store | Shopping Feed was generated via IP 74.125.77.35 [Googlebot] Memory: 18MB Time: 5.02 Sec
So i can go to that feed, hit enter like 50 times, and get anyone suspended. Whos fault is that? Yours for advertising blazing fast, or his for simply running a store? That is just 1 example of quite a few.
Last edited by straightlight on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added quote tags.

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by victorj » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:51 am

I remember a likewise problem, i uploaded a vqmod and i realy stressed out mysql resources, it was when i was still on shared hosting,
I had installed it late in the evening when traffic was low, next day my hosting rang me and informed me that my site was hitting the roof on sql resources wich it had not done before, so they raised resources to make sure my site would function.
they also investigated and told me that it started after uploading a file wich they found wich had a date from the time it started and it was hitting sql resources.
when i got home deleted file and everything was oke.

admired this company because they kept my site running, informed me about wich why how and provided a solution, still with them now on vps, but thats more a seo issue

Expert Member

Post by madimar » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:50 pm

Guys, I can seem a little bit biased but I try to see things analytically. To be really honest we don't have details about the website experiencing the issues, and that just could provide them to us (even an url) in order to let us (the community) to have a first check to things.
In my past experience, I encountered several cases of very poor themes or extensions overwhelming Opencart with millions of dB queries without need (e. g. the famous Shoppica, using some recursive queries for categories to build its nice megamenu).
So, personally I strongly suggest to the user to provide to all of us more information, instead of simply complaints.
M

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by zaidladha » Sun May 14, 2017 4:15 am

Just signed up a specific opencart account. Already having problems. First instead of opencart they installed some classified program called osclass. When I informed them and they tried to correct the problem they installed opencart incorrectly and I am getting page not found errors. Still day 1 and already problems. I would advise anyone to be ware this hosting company even though recommended by opencart.

Post by stalker780 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:04 am

Not only their shared hosting is crap. VPS is also. Check my post in another topic viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161601&p=702413#p702413

Location - Ukraine

Post by ideep13 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:49 pm

problems on 4th day - support does not have a clue. Bought turbo hosting, 30 s load time.

Avoid.

Post by ninad_jad » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:17 am

Thank you all guys for your review, you saved my money and time. i was about to register new account but now i won't,

i was also thinking the same way that shared hosting is not suitable for ecommerce platform, as here we are expecting highter trafic than regular website.. then how these guys offering shared hosting to handle higher page hits , now i understand its trap to take our mony ...

Post by leoneshop » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:07 am

Hi, guys I think A2 Hosting offer a very good service, 24/24 support, good software and hardware. I have used also VPS and Shared Hosting with Great Performance for my OC Stores.
I think OC need some tuning and experienced work for Server, Database, PHP, themes, modules etc... for a good level of e-commerce performance.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:00 pm

Evolve Hosting welcomes the opportunity to earn your trust and business. If you are interested in transferring from A2 or any other hosting provider, please let us know. We're ready and excited to assist you. www.evolvewebhost.com

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA