Post by lasa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:30 pm

I looked all over but couldn't word it right for the search. I'm trying to add an image via html module that went clicked will enlarge in a lightbox of sorts. I'm using OC 2.2. I see all kinds of threads for products but not for html added images.
Any help welcome.

Cheers,
Frank

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Could you demonstrate this by posting your URL?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by lasa » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi Straightlight,
I got nothing for now. We are developing an Opencart using the Pavilion theme (which is very nice by the way) and are trying to pursue different approaches to showing images not related to OC products. We have some information pages that have a text and images. We would like to be able to have the pages show the image at say 100x200 and when clicked have it enlarge in a lightbox(?) of sorts.
I've actually used colorbox in a traditional html site in the past but never tried to implement it in OC.

Not sure that helps at all.

Cheers,
Frank

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:53 pm

lasa wrote:Hi Straightlight,
I got nothing for now. We are developing an Opencart using the Pavilion theme (which is very nice by the way) and are trying to pursue different approaches to showing images not related to OC products. We have some information pages that have a text and images. We would like to be able to have the pages show the image at say 100x200 and when clicked have it enlarge in a lightbox(?) of sorts.
I've actually used colorbox in a traditional html site in the past but never tried to implement it in OC.

Not sure that helps at all.

Cheers,
Frank
Since you're using a custom theme, one tactic you could try is to switch back to the default template and see if you can reproduce the same issue with the colorbox lightbox for HTML.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by lasa » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:51 am

That would be the idea if i can get it to work in the default theme then i can figure out how to get it going in the Custom Theme. So my problem right now being able to bring an image into the html page in such a way that I can use the colorbox lightbox effect to see the larger version.

Cheers

Post by lasa » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:43 pm

It doesn't have to be a lightbox effect... We would like to add an image via HTML module and when clicked it expands to a larger image. All the extensions I see have to do with the PRODUCTS.

Cheers,
Frank

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:53 pm

What you are enquiring would be to integrate the additional images class within the summernote bootstrap functions. Unless an extension really differs on this one, the out-of-the-box version does not deliver this functionality unless classes would be added in the Jquery code that we'd need to add in the admin/view/template/module/html.tpl file.

If no extension can demonstrate your request, I would suggest to post in the Commercial Support section of the forum for a professional programmer to do this as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by lasa » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:10 pm

Thanks.