Post by James Parry-Jones » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi

First of all thank you for taking the time to read this. I have just recently started in a new position for a company who use Opencart 1.4.8 for their online store. As yet I have not familiarised myesilf with Opencart and have never used it before however am responsible for the up keep and maintanence of it (as well as other things).

So here is the problem, recently I have noticed that the save button in the admin panel no longer updates the product changes and instead redirects to a 'requested page not found' error screen. I am not sure when or why it stopped working and have searched the Opencart code for broken links and even replaced the entire Admin folder on the server but still joy unfortunately.

I should mention that all the other catagories under the Catalog tab in the admin section can be edited and saved it seems just the products no longer work. I would assume it will be reletively easy fix for someone with a good understanding of Opencart but at this stage I'm in the dark. To make it worse my company are now requiring me to make urgent product changes but I am unable so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Post by rph » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:35 pm

What's the error log say?

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by James Parry-Jones » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I have checked the error log and it doesn't seem to be registering it as an error so i'm none the wiser unfortunately.

Post by James Parry-Jones » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Quick update: I have added a new product to the site and can edit and save the changes as expected so its just the existing products on the site which wont update. I assume then in that case its an error with the database? Do you have any advise on the best way to troubleshoot and resolve?

Many thanks

Post by rph » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 am

Unfortunately it's one of those problems you have to step through. If new products are being added fine I would start by looking at the editProduct function in /admin/model/catalog/product.php.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by arcovirtual » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:07 pm

James Parry-Jones wrote:Quick update: I have added a new product to the site and can edit and save the changes as expected so its just the existing products on the site which wont update. I assume then in that case its an error with the database? Do you have any advise on the best way to troubleshoot and resolve?

Many thanks
greetings, how you managed to solve that problem? I'm with the same error, opencart one day stop saving changes in products and categories in version 2.2.0.2 :-[

Post by arcovirtual » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:13 am

arcovirtual wrote:
James Parry-Jones wrote:Quick update: I have added a new product to the site and can edit and save the changes as expected so its just the existing products on the site which wont update. I assume then in that case its an error with the database? Do you have any advise on the best way to troubleshoot and resolve?

Many thanks
greetings, how you managed to solve that problem? I'm with the same error, opencart one day stop saving changes in products and categories in version 2.2.0.2 :-[
The problem was solved by changing everything from hosting, hosting apparently things change in apache or php I preferred to renounce the very problematic hosting service and I switch to another service eficiente.-

Post by guldan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:44 pm

I had exactly the same problem!
It has just already been solved by disabling the mod_security in the hosting. Ask your hosting administrator.
The mod_security seemed to restrict previlege/permission for some database. I didn't know when the hosting administrator enabled that at the first place.

Thanks God it is normal again now. Good luck!

Post by krueger13 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:52 pm

I was having the same problem and found out my php.ini under php8.1 was missing post_max_size = 32M. Now it is working.