8%
Version 3
16%
Version 4
65%

Total votes: 116

Post by iSenseLabs » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Hello guys,

OpenCart.com is getting a redesign, so please commit your vote towards choosing what is best for the future. 1 vote allowed. If you want to give constructive feedback towards your best design please do so.

Since the images are too big next to every image you will see the full version of the design. Please evaluate and cast your vote only after you see the full versions of the design and not only the headers uploaded.

Version 1: View Full version of Design 1 or click the image

Version 2: View Full version of Design 2 or click the image

Version 3: View Full version of Design 3 or click the image

Version 4: View Full version of Design 4 or click the image

Premium OpenCart Extensions and Custom Development

Post by BusinessConsult » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:25 pm

Version 4 με διαφορά :)

ImageServer performance optimizations ImageServer security optimizations ImageDatabase performance optimizations ImageHigh Availability Proxy ImageMariaDB
ImagePhp-Fpm multiple pools

Post by Daniel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:38 pm

Guys,

Any comments which one you like and what changes should be made?

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by titusel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:11 pm

Design 4 seems quite good and professional, maybe some info about total downloads, modules, registered users and partners ? And don't forget testimonials, they are very important.

Location - Bucharest, Romania

Post by koku » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:52 pm

I voted for Version 4.
I could also vote for version 1 because it's closer to the current design so it wont be a major surprise for users.
I like 2 & 3 but look at magento and prestashop home pages. It's the exactly the same at the top. So, I don't think its ok to make another one. 2 are enough :)

Is there any mockup for the extension directory?

Easy Multi-Store Extension
ACS Courier Vouchers for OpenCart 2, 3 & 4
Skroutz Smart Cart (Έξυπνο καλάθι) for OpenCart
Έλεγχος Εγκυρότητας Ελληνικού ΑΦΜ για OpenCart
Change the style of your OpenCart admin dashboard for free!

Post by nelsonbr » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:42 pm

Version 4 very beautiful.
Visually pleasing and objective .
Suggested have version in other languages PT-BR 8)

commercial and front-end developer.
expert opencart.
http://www.wncommerce.com.br

Location - Brazil

Post by Johnathan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:09 pm

I voted for Version 4. Whatever version you use, make sure you include the screenshots of the actual front/back-end at the top of the page, like Versions 1 and 4 have. I think that's important for a potential user to see immediately, and gives an idea of the design right away, without having to click a "demo" link.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:06 am

I would agree with number 4, as well. Although, I would give a little more darken and heavier shape to the mobile device presentation as it seem to be a tight too bright.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by davidbfranks » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:16 pm

Number 4 for sure! But I wouldn't use Journal Theme as a showcase theme, as its only sold on themeforest.

Location - London

Post by ocx » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Voted for #4.

The partners information needs to be thoroughly gone through and updated. A good portion of the listed partners no longer exist. Would also consider having some type of test in place to verify the competence of a person or company wanting to represent OpenCart as a partner.

ocx

Post by caitlinhartley » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:22 pm

Definitely version 4!

Post by OpenCart Addons » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:28 am

Number 4 looks good.

Will we also get an updated extension store? ;)

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by iSenseLabs » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:48 pm

devikajain wrote:ALl poll are Good ..... :joker: I m also looking magento SMS extension to verify the user in my website by sending them OTP. ::)
try this one: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=18427
OpenCart Addons wrote:Number 4 looks good.

Will we also get an updated extension store? ;)
Yes, will post the designs for the extension store and the blog in the next 48 hours.

Premium OpenCart Extensions and Custom Development

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:41 pm

4 looks great, and very nice to see a re-design in progress!

I have some small suggestions:
  • Top header is very blue, perhaps some other colours would make it a bit more interesting?
  • "Open-Source and Free" might be better to say "Free and open source" because I think most startup ecommerce companies care more about it being free than open source.
  • Making a big deal of SEO is a very good idea as I expect it's one of the most important things for most.
  • Perhaps also a link to an install guide, perhaps even a video showing how easy it is to install from Softaculous? IMO, that first hurdle of getting it setup is really important and might be the difference between someone using OC instead of something more complex to install.
  • List of companies using it is really great - I think add even more if possible. I didn't know about Volvo - nice!
  • Gateways - I think make it clear others are supported as well as those listed.
  • In the footer perhaps make it clearer that "OpenCart Partners" is a place to get paid support.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:43 pm

"Open-Source and Free" might be better to say "Free and open source" because I think most startup ecommerce companies care more about it being free than open source.
Great observation there. Although, Open Source is already considered free term. Both words do not need to be put together as only the Open Source term should be used.

If we google the information:
denoting software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by OSWorX » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:06 pm

straightlight wrote:
"Open-Source and Free" might be better to say "Free and open source" because I think most startup ecommerce companies care more about it being free than open source.
Great observation there. Although, Open Source is already considered free term. Both words do not need to be put together as only the Open Source term should be used.

denoting software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified.
On the other hand scripts published as OpenSource could also be paid - therefore Free indicates that nothing has to be paid.
The opposite will be OpenCarts own ExtensionStore where many extensions are published under the same License, but not Free.
Or am I wrong?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:56 pm

OSWorX wrote:
straightlight wrote:

On the other hand scripts published as OpenSource could also be paid - therefore Free indicates that nothing has to be paid.
The opposite will be OpenCarts own ExtensionStore where many extensions are published under the same License, but not Free.
Or am I wrong?
That analogy is only marketing-based compared to the industrial publication from the GNU license. Paid from an Open Source distribution is only marked and pointed as a reselling view since the GNU licensing originally addresses Open Source languages as freely distributed as well from Google Results.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Oh dear, some people need to read up on their open source terminology:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratis_ve ... istinction

I disagree that it should say either "free" OR "open source", it should say both; "free (as in free beer) and open source!" Why? Because there are 2 main demographics we are trying to attract:

1. Ecommerce Startups and Small Businesses
2. Web Developers and Web Agencies

The first will be attracted to free as in free beer, the second open source.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:58 pm

I voted number 4, looks like a huge improvement from the current :). My secondary choice would be 1.

Not a huge fan of 2 and 3.

HostDash - Blazing Fast OpenCart Hosting. Ranked 4th Best Host on Hostimony

Post by MIOpencartstuff » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:51 pm

Version 4 looks better

Image Madni Infoway
HTML | CSS | OPENCART | WORDPRESS | BOOTSTRAP | RESPONSIVE | PHOTOSHOP | PSD TO HTML
Call on : +91-02828-221077