Post by Daniel » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Algozone (http://www.algozone.com) has become a sponsor for the the OpenCart project. We are very excited that Algozone is going to be offering OpenCart templates.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:19 pm

Wauw, one announcement after the other!

Congrats! on this deal and the first impression is that the templates looks great.
opencart is an open source shopping cart system that is available for free. opencart is ran by community of professional PHP developers and currently is the leading shopping cart on the market. For more information about opencart visit official site of http://www.opencart.com
Yes, that is us!! ;D

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by jefrey1983 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:11 am

i would like to sponsor in skinning but i have to increase my knowledge first :)

Post by audiomarket » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:00 am

Well, well done!
When you think we pay too OpenCart?

$ 129 / 269 but it seems to me too!

a big price for standard theme.

This is not users heppy!!

I can understand 50 dollars but 269 dollars is a robbery!!
When request for a custom theme?
ahahahah
I think i go to clone all theme and sell it 15 dollars!!

Post by audiomarket » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:09 am

perhaps $ 269 is a fair price for a custom theme.

Now you understand why million users use software cracked?

Because the price selling is a robbery!!

Post by Killerj » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 am

Agree with You !

But, glad that Algozone is helping Opencart grow big. Thanks to Algozone as well as Daniel and now Qphoria is in, I cannot wait for the upcoming release :)

Post by i2Paq » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:34 am

You do not have to buy there, neither do I have to buy at whatever audiomarket.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by twiggy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:43 am

Some very nice themes, $140-$269 does seem high for a non unique theme, alot of them seem to be close copies of templatemonster themes.

Would love to see how they imperilment the scrolling products on this theme http://www.algozone.com/opencart-templates--p-2180.html that would be cool for any store to have.

The promotion this will get opencart is going to be grate! Should push OC onwards and upwards.

Post by cmrukcom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:48 am

The scrolling products on the theme above are indeed very nice.

I don't want to knock the involvement of Algozone in getting involved in the OpenCart market but a lot of these themes are identical to those advertised for OSC, and the videos clearly show OSC based stores (the video names even have not been changed from OS Commerce). Has anyone any experience of using these themes - do they really exist and do they really look identical to the equivalent OSCommerce themes ?

Post by tanicos » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:57 am

from a designer point of view i can say most of them are too glossy.
from a developer point of view the price is huge. take a template with all the options and you get up to $400 cost. for that amount you can get a unique design. $45 to install a 10 min script is way too much, logo ad $50 again is huge.
not to mention that the templates are not developed and you wait 4-5 days for a template ;D

$20 Open Cart Templates http://www.onlinetemplates.org
Tanicos Web 2.0 Design

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:07 am

They are converting 1000's of templates over to OC and producing new ones. It should help grow the popularity of the project.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by cmrukcom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:50 am

Maybe their involvement will allow you to go to bed at a more reasonable time.

Post by rph » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

audiomarket wrote:Now you understand why million users use software cracked?

Because the price selling is a robbery!!
No one's forced to buy a custom template. You can always use the very nice standard template or build your own. These templates are certainly going to be cheaper than hiring a good designer and coder to build one for you though.

Even if you never buy a template from Algozone this is a good thing because it's:
1) Great exposure for OpenCart, and
2) A huge vote of confidence in its future from a third party. You don't do all this conversion work for a cart you think is going to be small or a flash in the pan.

Hopefully this means we're going to start getting sane version numbering. Third parties are really depending on it now.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by imaginetech » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:43 pm

Daniel wrote:They are converting 1000's of templates over to OC and producing new ones. It should help grow the popularity of the project.
Will you be slowing down the development cycle then..? I'm fairly certain they are not interested in maintaining 1000's of templates for each point version change that comes out.

Are they aware that 90% of Opencart releases break previously working templates?

Not trying to be a drag but if this project wants to grow it needs some stability. Hopefully Q can help bring some to this project.

www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.

Location - Darwin, Australia

Post by rph » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:05 pm

Yeah, the first thing I noticed is they listed the templates as being for 1.4.x which is impossible.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by twiggy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Will you be slowing down the development cycle then..? I'm fairly certain they are not interested in maintaining 1000's of templates for each point version change that comes out.
Didn't think of this, a very good point, I find it hard to keep the 6/7 I have got up to date.

Post by audiomarket » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:53 pm

I confirmed thet we can are agree when price is big only for custom theme.

I think thet standard theme price is corerect 30/50 dollars.

i think olso thet if you have integrate qphoria for developed coding, why you dont integrate in project opencart other user for developed theme, developed only style end graphics????

Here, there are users to make a great theme!

Regards, Marco

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:31 pm

twiggy wrote:
Didn't think of this, a very good point, I find it hard to keep the 6/7 I have got up to date.

it just means less core changes are going to take place. Whcih is good because people don't have to update their modules so much.

There are quite a few other good things that are coming out of this but I can not say to much at the moment.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by hillfish » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:04 am

It's really great that opencart is now getting this kind of attention - one of the big issues for me has been the lack of working templates for recent versions, and I'm sure it will help open up opencart to a lot more people.

The algozone offerings so far are a bit 'seen it', but there are one or two that look quite good (the more expensive ones of course lol) - hopefully as the range grows there will be really new offerings and some good conversions.

It's interesting that they say "NOTE: This template will be developed for selected shopping cart in 4-5 business days after purchase" Not sure what that says about their commitment to opencart - I guess either they dare not offer a 'standard' template as there's little chance of it working for more than a few weeks, or they just don't want to spend any time or effort unless someone actually buys the template. Either way it's not a great start ::)

Anyway, despite the 4-5 business days caviet I really think this is a positive thing, and hopefully other major template providers might follow suite.

Post by rph » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:44 am

hillfish wrote:It's interesting that they say "NOTE: This template will be developed for selected shopping cart in 4-5 business days after purchase" Not sure what that says about their commitment to opencart - I guess either they dare not offer a 'standard' template as there's little chance of it working for more than a few weeks, or they just don't want to spend any time or effort unless someone actually buys the template.
If they're really converting a thousand osCommerce/Zencart templates it simply might be a matter of whether they've gotten to it yet or not.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member