Post by donmck » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:15 pm

Some interesting extensions there Burt65.

Yes you are correct, you have to set up the FB app, much the same as the PP one.

And if the customer only has their name and email registered with FB, then they still have to go through the full registration on the missing-required fields.

I'll have a better read through them in the morning.

OH, one of them errors when you get into the admin demo.

Cheers Don...

Post by windependence » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:24 am

Hello Everyone,

I am running OC version 2.1.0.2 and still having issues. I can get all the way through the popup for PayPal and it says validating my info, etc etc. but at the very end it's just a blank page on the popup. In other words the popup never finishes or goes away. It has to be a problem with the return URL I'm thinking. I have set both the sandbox and live environments to be exactly the same for the URL and the scope but I still can't get it to finish the process. There are no errors in the log.

You can try it at https://soapsbyanvy33.com

Just FYI if I put the return URL in a browser, it gives me the same blank page. I would like to change the URL in the OC module, but I can't find where this is set in the code. I'm thinking for some reason that URL doesn't exist on my box and I would like to try another page if I could find the code. If I'm going down the wrong road, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Tim

Attachments

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG (58.2 KiB) Viewed 3841 times

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:42 am

Which PayPal payment module are you using?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by windependence » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:20 am

PayPal standard. Thanks for your help!

-Tim

Post by donmck » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:43 am

Ahhh, I was looking for a "Login with Paypal" icon.

I'll try again.

Cheers Don...

Post by donmck » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:16 am

You may be mixing up two different payment methods. Standard doesn't need the info above, it just basically needs your PP email address

see:
http://prntscr.com/bev822

for me, this was fairly easy to get going.
the "Log in with PP" Method, took a bit of work.

Cheers Don...

Post by windependence » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:48 am

The "Log In With PayPal" button is on the log in page. I am NOT having problems with payments at all. Just wanted to be clear.

-Tim

Post by donmck » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:16 am

sorry Tim, in an earlier message you say you are using PP Standard, now you are saying you have a "Log in with PayPal button?

Cheers Don...

Post by Burt65 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:44 am

windependence wrote:Hello Everyone,
I am running OC version 2.1.0.2 and still having issues. I can get all the way through the popup for PayPal and it says validating my info, etc etc. but at the very end it's just a blank page on the popup. In other words the popup never finishes or goes away. It has to be a problem with the return URL I'm thinking. I have set both the sandbox and live environments to be exactly the same for the URL and the scope but I still can't get it to finish the process. There are no errors in the log.
-Tim
Hi Tim

You are correct. I actually never bother to finish the transaction while I was checking the module for Don, to actually confirm that the customer detail where submit to OC.

You could try to change the return URL in both pp_login.php in admin/controller/module and catalog/controller/module
but every time you make a change in PayPal App regarding the return URL, it can take up to 3 hours for the change to take effect.

Not an enjoyable or easy task... I'm away for this weekend and unable to check the problem and to see if the URL return is the actual problem.

I'll look into it the soon as I can...unless in the meantime one of the more experience Opencart member here decide to surprise us with the good news of a fix for it... ;)

Cheers

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by windependence » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:09 am

donmck wrote:sorry Tim, in an earlier message you say you are using PP Standard, now you are saying you have a "Log in with PayPal button?

Cheers Don...
Don,

Please don't take offense to this but did you read my first post? I never said anything about payments. I mentioned which payment module I was using because straightlight asked me in his post. Sorry for the confusion. So anyway, it looks like we still have a problem with the module not returning us to the page. I am going to change the URL in the modules and test it tonight. Will let you know what happens.

-Tim

Post by donmck » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:55 am

Don,

Please don't take offense to this but did you read my first post? I never said anything about payments. I mentioned which payment module I was using because straightlight asked me in his post. Sorry for the confusion. So anyway, it looks like we still have a problem with the module not returning us to the page. I am going to change the URL in the modules and test it tonight. Will let you know what happens.

-Tim
Sorry Tim, you are quite correct of course. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers Don...

Post by donmck » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:13 am

Tim, like Burt65, I hadn't actually completed an order, so I had to go ahead with a friends PP account, as it won't accept my PP email address of course.

Note*** My friend is already registered in my cart as a customer.

However it went through OK, and I got the page shown in the attachment, as a return page.

I do have the standard returned URL as mentioned previously. I checked it also and got a blank page.

Cheers Don...
success.jpg

success.jpg (167.34 KiB) Viewed 3811 times

Post by donmck » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Success!

I deleted my friend's registration from my Opencart, and tried another transaction in his name.

Logged into his Paypal account via my "Log in with PayPal" button, and basically, it created a new registration with his full and correct details. It then does the payment and returns using the same page as pictured in my previous post.

Payment Method: PayPal Express Checkout.

Cheers Don...

Post by windependence » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:29 pm

So they changed this module in 2.2.0 . I compared the code and the return URL is completely different. Unfortunately I got the brainy idea to replace the module files with the ones from 2.2 so now my module is f%^& up and i can't test yet until I restore the old files. I DID replace the URL with another one before I replaced the files and it redirected me to the URL at the end, but it did not log me on to paypal. When I get the files put back from the current version, I will use the URL from the new version in the old module and see how that works. I know this is confusing but gist of it is the developers changed the module in 2.2 so there must have been an issue in our version. I'm sure some developer could tell us how to fix it, but from what I have read about attitudes, we may be waiting for a while. Mean time, I'm not a developer, but I'm going to do my best to try and fix the module if I can. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tim

Post by donmck » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:58 pm

Tim, I have a live 2.1.0.2 and a test 2.2.0.0

V2.2.0.0
http://www.shop-dontronics.com/oc/index ... ogin/login
http://prntscr.com/bezro1

V2.1.0.2
https://www.shop-dontronics.com/index.p ... ogin/login
http://prntscr.com/bezrvt

both of my return URLs are the same, apart from the "/oc/" sub-directory that has my test cart.
And they both show blank pages.

If you are short on any individual files from either version, at least I can help there.

Cheers Don...

Post by windependence » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Don,

I got it working.

In /catalog/model/module/pp_login.php

Find and select:

Code: Select all

$endpoint = 'https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v1/oauth2/token';
		} else {
			$endpoint = 'https://api.paypal.com/v1/oauth2/token';
		}

$request  = '';
		$request .= 'client_id=' . $this->config->get('pp_login_client_id');
		$request .= '&client_secret=' . $this->config->get('pp_login_secret');
		$request .= '&grant_type=authorization_code';
		$request .= '&code=' . $code;
		$request .= '&redirect_uri=' . urlencode($this->url->link('module/pp_login/login', '', 'SSL'));
Then replace with :

Code: Select all

$endpoint = 'https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v1/identity/openidconnect/tokenservice';
			} else {
				$endpoint = 'https://api.paypal.com/v1/identity/openidconnect/tokenservice';
			}

$request  = '';
			$request .= 'grant_type=authorization_code';
			$request .= '&code=' . $code;
			$request .= '&redirect_uri=' . urlencode($this->url->link('module/pp_login/login', '', true));
And now it should work for you, as it does for me. Same URL after you replace the code.

Let me know if that solves the issue for you.

-Tim

Post by donmck » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi Tim, glad you got it working.
I got mine working yesterday, however I had applied a free extension patch some time ago, which I mentioned at:
http://www.dontronics.com/login-with-paypal.htm

My OC-mod log:
oc-mod-log.jpg

oc-mod-log.jpg (95.12 KiB) Viewed 3791 times

Which no doubt achieves what you have mentioned in the code changes.

However I am going to log your findings into my Opencart help summary, which is a text and picture help file on every subject I have been involved in. It is so hard for me to remember how to navigate to everything.

I'll check out your site now. :-)

Cheers Don...

Post by windependence » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi Don, looks like we came to essentially the same solution :)

I hope this helps someone else with the same problem. I am not upgrading to 2.2 because I have read that it's not ready for production use yet. Of course I could be wrong but I don't want to take the chance since my site is working good. If you find a good social media login plugin, let me know. As was mentioned I think that is the ultimate way to go.

Thanks for checking out my site! We ship internationally ;)

Have a great day!

-Tim

Post by donmck » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:51 pm

windependence wrote:Hi Don, looks like we came to essentially the same solution :)

I hope this helps someone else with the same problem. I am not upgrading to 2.2 because I have read that it's not ready for production use yet. Of course I could be wrong but I don't want to take the chance since my site is working good. If you find a good social media login plugin, let me know. As was mentioned I think that is the ultimate way to go.
Thanks for checking out my site! We ship internationally ;)
Have a great day!
-Tim
Thanks Tim,
yes, helping others is all it is about.
I am also not upgrading to V 2.2.0.0, as I have too many custom modifications at this point, and to change for change sake, doesn't make a lot of sense, and mine is working too.

Cheers Don...

Post by donmck » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:07 am

Spoke too soon.

First "LIWPP" order I get is an overseas order, and it adds our local Australian Tax (GST) to a Hong Kong order.

It also creates an address 2 for the customer, however this is blank.

I can think of two immediate things to try.

1) Remove the extension fix as described below:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... in%20paypa

2) Try Tim's patch, and see if that overcomes the problem.

Where did you find that patch Tim?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Don...