Post by i2Paq » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Yep, same here.

Attachments

orderedit.jpg

orderedit.jpg (20.24 KiB) Viewed 5230 times

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by muflon » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:20 pm

I think that best solution for adding taxes is dropdown list where you can choose tax class. Manual add is too annoying

Post by Daniel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:49 am

What about recalculating shipping?

or manually add it.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:00 am

I think manually would be easier.. could always go back later and add it if it becomes a problem but I think that is above and beyond the basic needed functionality

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:33 am

muflon wrote:I think that best solution for adding taxes is dropdown list where you can choose tax class. Manual add is too annoying
Yes, so you just see the Tax-classes you have in your BO
Daniel wrote:What about recalculating shipping?

or manually add it.
Manualy would be the simplest solution, in the end you are the shopowner so you know the prices.

The largest "problem" I see is how to get the "new" order-info send to the customer so he can pay, and how will he pay?
A lot of payment modules only work during checkout, only the off-line payment modules should be selectable like PayPal, Bank transfer of Bank Check.
It would be usefull if a payment methode could be configured for the order-edit only so it won't show at checkout.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by gavin m » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:30 am

What happens if you get an order but later get asked to amend it by removing/increasing something but the item to be removed/increased has changed price since the original order?

Or if they used a coupon on the order, then asked for something to be added or removed, would the coupon be taken into account? and an extension to that is if the coupon had a min spend on it and the removing of a product took it below that value.

Post by i2Paq » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:41 pm

gavin m wrote:What happens if you get an order but later get asked to amend it by removing/increasing something but the item to be removed/increased has changed price since the original order?

Or if they used a coupon on the order, then asked for something to be added or removed, would the coupon be taken into account? and an extension to that is if the coupon had a min spend on it and the removing of a product took it below that value.
If you sell a product and the customer wants the amount changed from 1 to 2 I think it is fair enough that he gets the second one for the same price, unless you loose money on it.
In that case you contact your customer and explain it.

The way my order-edit in osCommerc works is that I can change any field in that order and it will autoupdate the rest.
If a product-price is changed any placed order will not be updated.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by indre1 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:39 pm

I don't think that integrating with payment modules should be a priority - you can always ask your customer to make an extra payment with PayPal. Or if the payment method doesn't support it, then ask the customer to place a new order for the items he wants to add or find some other solution.

Also, I like the osCommerce way of allowing you to change everything - prices, taxes, quantities etc for each product. Then you can manually add discount per product later and do other "exceptional" stuff.

Just remember - the shop's worker is doing the editing, not the customer. You don't have to overthink of all the "what if" situations - most businesses have their own "models" and may find it a restrictive feature instead of a helpful one. You can leave some manual work for the human worker!

Post by gavin m » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Have t agree with indre1 on that.

I'd prefer it just like that. Much easier for me to use and not worry about any problems with pricing and discounts and shipping etc.

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:26 am

I soppose i can set the order totals to have a + /- so you can just add the amounts in manually and it will add everything up.

Also oscomerce does not have a order editing system. you must have installed a contribution.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:26 am

Daniel wrote:I soppose i can set the order totals to have a + /- so you can just add the amounts in manually and it will add everything up.

Also oscomerce does not have a order editing system. you must have installed a contribution.
Yes, it is an additional added function (Contribution) called: Order Edit.

If you want to play with it let me know and I will set-up a test-site for you.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by indre1 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:50 am

Manual order entry/edit being added to v1.4.8!
Great job developers!

I hope it meets the user's expectations. I'll be sure to check it out as soon as the version is out and start preparing for moving to OpenCart.

Thanks!

Post by DLeon » Fri May 28, 2010 11:17 pm

What about those who use older version?
Is there a way to add this to old versions of oc?

Post by i2Paq » Fri May 28, 2010 11:33 pm

DLeon wrote:What about those who use older version?
Is there a way to add this to old versions of oc?
I don't think so.

If you need this it is time to start thinking about upgrading.

In the download of 1.4.7 you will find upgrade instructions and an upgrade script, start now so you will be ready when 1.4.8 comes out.
According to Q the planning is somewhere next week.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Just to give people a quick peek and understanding of what will be offered with the 1.4.8 version of the Backend Order Entry/Edit
It won't have major bells and whistles day 1. All totals will be freeform text fields.

This is for basic usability. Later on, when there is some down time from features, or perhaps the community helpers, there can be improvements on automatic math using javascript, or perhaps data lookup with ajax, etc.

But for now this is just basic enough to allow store owners to quickly edit or add simple orders.

Also, not shown, but all the other tabs like addresses are editable too

Administrator

Post by indre1 » Sat May 29, 2010 3:46 am

A few ideas/questons:
* If I don't fill in the product price and totals, will they be filled in after submitting the form? Will the totals be updated after form submit when I change product price?
* Are currencies in OpenCart handled as decimals, not floats? In oscommerce order editor, entering a *.25 or similar price for a product ends up being "converted" to *.24 due to the nature of floats.

Post by Qphoria » Sat May 29, 2010 4:08 am

At this point they are all just free form fields. I could use the default product price if no price is entered, though it might be assumed intuition that leaving it blank means you want to use 0.00 (ie give it away for free)

The bottom totals are saved as varchar in the db
The main total and unitprice on the product line is regex'd to strip all non-numeric/non-decimals away. The db stores that as Decimal (15,4)

In any case, saving 0.25 shows up as 0.25

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Sat May 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Qphoria wrote:I could use the default product price if no price is entered
Please do so!
I would prefer that this would be the default price and that it can be changed if needed.
This would save a lot of work + prevent your from entering a wrong price (because you would need to look it up).
This is how the Order Edit / Manual Order Entry in osCommerce also works.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by shoo002 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:58 am

Q, would it be possible to add a search function to find and add products when using the manual order entry/edit rather than just a drop down box. Its only as i have far too many products to scroll through.

Thanks
Stewart

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:05 am

For day 1 it will just be a drop down.. we can work on enhancements later. The entry is holding up the release because of logic conflicts and I don't want to complicate it any further.

Administrator