The only way to diagnose and fix that is to provide the developers admin and FTP info. You should be sure to make a backup of your site and database first, then create an admin user and FTP user specifically for them. You can then change the password for access afterwards.
While it can be risky if the developer is unethical or incompetent, I rarely hear of issues caused by giving out that information. It's up to you, though -- if you're not comfortable with it, you should set up a fresh test installation and test out the issue you are experiencing. If you can reproduce it there, you shouldn't need to give out access, since it's a bug in their extension, and not a conflict with anything else.
If it *is* due to a conflict with another mod, and you don't provide access, that generally doesn't qualify for a refund since no developer can guarantee an extension will work when you've modified how OpenCart works.
NOTE: Before making any changes, make sure you're in the subfolder and not the main site.
1. Rename admin to newadmin in admin\config.php file - admin directory
2. Change the path in config.php from http://www.websitename.com/admin/ to http://www.websitename.com/subdirectory/newadmin/
3. Change the path in config.php from /public_html/admin/ to /public_html/subdirectory/newadmin/
4. In admin\config.php, change the database to new DB & user/password
5. Make the same changes for config.php in the root
6. Rename pathReplaces.php in vqmod directory
7. Clear vqmod cache $ error log
8. Clear any Cache modules you use
9. index.php & htaccess ((needed for Crawlprotect path to subdir) (if you use Crawlprotect)
10. Rename admin in any module that hard codes it. This might not be needed if your tests don't include a particular module.
11. In .htaccess, change RewriteBase / TO RewriteBase /Subfoldername
12. Create a special FTP account in cpanel that can only access this subfolder and give this to the developer.
CodeManager - Web-based IDE framework for OpenCart free, OC v.1.5.x - 188.8.131.52:
CodeManager is the easiest way for OpenCart store owners and developers to work shoulder-to-shoulder. No more FTP access, server problems, port issues. CodeManager allows you to give access to developers directly from your OpenCart admin.
> Web-based IDE framework
> Grant user permissions
> Create, edit and delete files
> Upload and download files
> Duplicate files
> Change permissions of files
> Super simple upload of pictures
> Preview pictures
> Pictures can be opened in full screen
> Search in files & folders
> Editor screen splitting
> Color themes for the file editor
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=17423
Just to mention it!
I am no longer active at the Forum. Please do NOT send me Personal Mails,
they will no longer be replied to.
My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
3'030+ FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest Github OC Repository Archive Site.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 38 guests