Post by Zaress » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:59 pm

Hi guys.

We have an online shop and we are looking for an extension that can do the following:

1. Automatically translate the front-end pages ( home, products, categories etc ) to various languages. Without having to translate anything in the back-end. ( Kind of like how you right click on Chrome and select "Translate to xxxx" )
2. Detect user location and translate to that specific country language.
3. Give the user to ability to switch different language ( something in the header like a language switch bar )

I am pretty sure there is no extensions that does that already, but perhaps you know one :)
If not, would anyone be interested in developing something like this for us?

Thanks.
Andrei

Post by Johnathan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:43 am

You should look at integrating Google Translate into your site. It's probably the best way to accomplish your first requirement:

https://support.google.com/translate/an ... 4601?hl=en

That should also solve your third requirement, because users can change their language in the Google Translate pop-up if they want to.

For your second requirement, you could use my Geo IP Tools extension to send customers from specific locations to a certain URL, which would then activate the right language in Google Translate for them. You'd need to set it up for various areas, but once you get it set then it would work to send customers to the correctly translated version of your site.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator