Post by tri1976 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:42 am

Opencart 1.4 and gcheckout 1-4-0-4. I have "merchant calculated shipping" set to "yes" and "weight based shipping", "free shipping", and "usps shipping" modules enabled. Opencart checkout is process is working. When I click on google checkout, it goes directly to the google checkout page and error "You do not currently have any valid shipping methods." Am I missing something or is this a bug? Thanks.
shipping_error.png

shipping_error.png (16.48 KiB) Viewed 2892 times

email: trile7 at gmail dot com
Checkout My Extensions

Post by azrob68 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:58 pm

I'm getting the same error. I have Free Shipping as my only shipping option.

If you go into the Google Checkout module properties (in OpenCart) and switch "Merchant Calculated Shipping" from Yes to No, then it works. This seems like a possible bug to me. I have no shipping options set up in Google Checkout itself, so it doesn't calculate anything for shipping fees. Since I'm doing Free Shipping it doesn't really matter, but I would think the correct setting would be to have "Merchant Calculated Shipping" set to Yes.

Post by stupidul » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:45 am

I've been beating my head on the wall with this thing for two hours... :'(

I enabled flat rate and weight based shipping in Opencart. I get exactly this same message.
If I disable merchant calculated shipping everything returns to normal (as in Google displays it's own configured shipping methods).

Another weird thing is that flat rate is selectable in Opencart as a delivery method, but weight based shipping doesn't appear at all... and I don't get why... ???

(PS: The tax rules are another pain in the ***, but that I somewhat figured out.)

Post by stupidul » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:37 am

Okay, after another couple of hours of fighting, I think i found the fix:

change

Code: Select all

$method_data = $this->{'model_shipping_'.$keyName}->getQuote($address['country_id'], $address['zone_id'], $address['postcode']);
to

$method_data = $this->{'model_shipping_'.$keyName}->getQuote($address)
in catalog/controller/checkout/gcheckout.php and see if it fixes it for you too ;D

Post by tri1976 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:18 am

It appears to work...it takes me to the shipping page instead of straight to google checkout. It doesn't work for me though. I made a duplicate of "free shipping" module for a different zone called "free shipping 2". Basically, one for domestic zone and the other for international zone. This works fine for opencart checkout, but google checkout gives me an error "Duplicate shipping name Free Shipping found"

email: trile7 at gmail dot com
Checkout My Extensions

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:42 pm

stupidul wrote:Okay, after another couple of hours of fighting, I think i found the fix:

change

$method_data = $this->{'model_shipping_'.$keyName}->getQuote($address['country_id'], $address['zone_id'], $address['postcode']);
to

$method_data = $this->{'model_shipping_'.$keyName}->getQuote($address)
in catalog/controller/checkout/gcheckout.php and see if it fixes it for you too ;D
You are right, well spotted! The getQuote method does indeed now only take one argument, namely the $address. This is different from the old 1.3.4 version where it used to be 3 arguments.

I will upload a fixed Google Checkout module to the contributions section.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by developer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:04 am

That's not working for 1.4.8b. Shipping isn't calculated by Google Checkout when you proceed to the payment page at Google.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26599