Post by lucretiadia » Fri May 22, 2015 3:51 pm

My Order History and Transaction is not working. I believe there should be a list of order history.

I am using OC 2.0.2.0

Has anyone experienced this issue also? Thanks!

P.S.

Under:
Admin>Sales>Orders>Products(Tab), dropdown is not working (no value).

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sun May 24, 2015 12:17 am

I see the same thing and I would like to get this working. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

Much appreciated if you do!

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by TomCato » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:19 pm

This is actually a case of badly labeled tabs, what they do and what we assume they do are 2 totally different things.

In Sales > Customers > Customers (left nav bar in admin) : this section deals exclusively with just the customers account, it doesn't actually relate to past order details. When you click on a customer (edit pencil) it brings up the following tabs: General, History, transactions, reward points, IP Addresses. Here's what these tabs actually do (rather than what we assume they do!)

General - customer details etc

History - this section is not the order history, rather it is a place to add an internal comment to do with the actual customer. Such as "Make sure you plastic pack this one as last time the postman left it in the dog bowl around the back of the house!" etc. this is purely for internal comments on the customer themselves.

Transactions - This is terribly named! This is actually a section to add credit to a customers account. So for example say you wanted to give a customer a direct discount for whatever reason, you would put a little description as to why, and then whatever amount you would like to add to that customers account. So for example "Last order took awhile to get delivered, so here's £2.75 to cover the postage of your next order". This will then be discounted from the customers next purchase.

Reward points - Same as the the transactions section but for the reward points system.

IP Addresses - This is a log of IP's the customer has used, I think!

So a little different to what we assume! If you want so see an overview of how much a particular customer has spent etc, go to Reports > Customers > Orders this will tell you how many orders they have made, the number of products in total, and their total spend.

Now, should you want to see all the orders a customer has made, go to Sales > Orders and in the grey box at the top put in the customers name and click the blue "filter" button. This will bring up all of the processed orders for that particular customer. These cannot be displayed inline with all of the order details as it would be a MASSIVE strain on the database pulling that many variables onto one page. Each order is split over five tabs in itself, and each order pulls a minimum of 37 data sets from the database (even more for each product ordered and history added (such as pending, shipped etc") on that particular order). So as you can imagine if you have a particularity prolific customer that has made say 10 orders, that's a minimum of 370 data requests from the database... Which is massive to say the least! Hence why you have to go into the actual order to display it's variables and on the main orders page you get a brief overview. Makes sense really! Just saves from overloading they system and causing it to crash/restart.

Hope this helps :)

Post by kenty » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:04 am

Thanks for posting this as I thought it was a fault to as theres no order history, very confusing. The reports function doesn't work for me and never has, it would be a great feature if someone can help resolve.
. This is the error message I get when trying any report
Notice: Error: Could not load model report/product! in /home/plant021/public_html/orchidsupplies.co.uk/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_loader.php on line 51

Would really like to look at these reports, any ideas?

Kindest regards
Keith
V1.5.5.1

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:08 am

kenty wrote:Thanks for posting this as I thought it was a fault to as theres no order history, very confusing. The reports function doesn't work for me and never has, it would be a great feature if someone can help resolve.
Notice: Error: Could not load model report/product! in /home/plant021/public_html/orchidsupplies.co.uk/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_loader.php on line 51

Kindest regards
Keith
V1.5.5.1
Reports and order history work with a clean install of v1.5.5.1

Is your version upgraded, running mods that would conflict, missing files?

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Post by kenty » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:52 am

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
kenty wrote:Thanks for posting this as I thought it was a fault to as theres no order history, very confusing. The reports function doesn't work for me and never has, it would be a great feature if someone can help resolve.

Kindest regards
Keith
V1.5.5.1
Reports and order history work with a clean install of v1.5.5.1

Is your version upgraded, running mods that would conflict, missing files?
I've never upgraded from creation in 2012 and never have through fear of it not working, also I don't know how to do it and this function has never worked from the start, the website was created/modified by a web designer so I guess there could be a conflict?
I did ask about upgrading to the latest OC version in this forum and someone recommended against it due to my site being modified.
Would like to though if it wouldn't kill my site www.orchidsupplies.co.uk
but if its too much trouble then its probably not worth it, honestly I'm not that technical with this stuff to know, I just get by.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:30 am

I replied to your other thread. You're missing original files.

Upgrading is possible and there are a handful of us developers on this forum who can provide the service if you're interested. If your site is modified, it needs to be evaluated to figure out the changes needed to adapt with the new version. I would suggest getting onto the 2.x platform and ignore all of the complaining that you see around the forum. It's only going to get better and 1.5.x is going to be dropped all together at some point.

Software constantly evolves and it's never perfect but it usually gets a lot better than the older stuff!

Post by kenty » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:39 am

EvolveWebHosting wrote:I replied to your other thread. You're missing original files.

Upgrading is possible and there are a handful of us developers on this forum who can provide the service if you're interested. If your site is modified, it needs to be evaluated to figure out the changes needed to adapt with the new version. I would suggest getting onto the 2.x platform and ignore all of the complaining that you see around the forum. It's only going to get better and 1.5.x is going to be dropped all together at some point.

Software constantly evolves and it's never perfect but it usually gets a lot better than the older stuff!
Your right on the money with the missing file, it was the report file, resolved now thanks!!
Yes v1.5.5.1 was 2013 I think and look how many updates since! I could probably learn how to upgrade but if there is conflict after I'd be screwed as I don't want to site to be down as it would take me time to resolve if any issues occur.
What sort of cost are we looking at to upgrade to the latest version? There are also extensions installed like SEO pack.
PM me if you want.

Post by Randem » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:28 am

Hi kenty,

Good you got the problem solved. If you are thinking about upgrading see this - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/op ... n-2-1-0-1/

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by kenty » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:43 am

Randem wrote:Hi kenty,

Good you got the problem solved. If you are thinking about upgrading see this - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/op ... n-2-1-0-1/
Thankyou Randem, I've just looked at your information and it looks great but unfortunately I think its too much for me to undertake. i could follow it but I'm sure I'd head in to trouble somewhere and I can't afford to risk downtime as I would struggle to resolve.
Is this something you could do if I donate or you give me a price to undertake the upgrade.
Thanks
Keith