Post by Qphoria » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:21 am

yes

Administrator

Post by virtus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:27 am

readyman wrote:Think outside the box - You can do this with Q's or mine or the default options. You just need to update your template files.

Before:
optionsbefore.gif
After
optionsafter.gif
Can you elaborate a bit more on how you did this? Is this part of your global attributes contribution?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:10 am

That is just the normal options. Instead of using text he just change the tpl to show an image

Administrator

Post by babyewok » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:05 am

Qphoria wrote:I've set it to have its own image purposely as i have other mods that use the main image for image replacement for additional images. If you wanted to make it use the main image, you would need to change the javascript to reuse the "#image" tag instead of the way I use it.
Would you be able to put up a little bit more detail on how to do this please Q? I am looking to purchase your module, but only if I can get it to swap the main image in this way. Would make your module really flexible for those of us that don't have your other modules if you could share the details... ;)

Also, I assume I can easily stop your module from hiding the standard options tab as I have Readyman's text options set up and would still need to access that.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:45 am

babyewok wrote: Also, I assume I can easily stop your module from hiding the standard options tab as I have Readyman's text options set up and would still need to access that.
Unfortunately that will take additional changes. The reason I hide the tab is because that form doesn't support the option plus fields. Of course that also means the option plus form doesn't support the text options fields.

Really what needs to happen is one master mod for all options. I've thought about adding multiple field (image, text, checkbox, etc) into options plus.. but its just a pain because of how much of the core it touches. The best solution would be if opencart added full option types to the core.

Administrator

Post by babyewok » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:39 am

So could I not just edit the standard options tab template so that the normal options don't show, only the text options? Would that cause weird goings on when clicking save?

Post by lowlands » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi Q,

I run into the following problem. When a customer chooses a product from the options drop down menu, the product price changes as it should. But when the customer adds the product to the shopping cart the initial product is added without the price change.

Example:

http://www.bootbouwshop.nl/peddels%20en ... 20roeiriem

Can you tell what the problem is?

In addition: It is quite unclear to the customer what he gets because the productname (Model) remains the same after choosing an option. Would it be possible to change the Model into the option name or add the option name (value) so the customer can see what he has choosen. Both on the product page and in the cart.

Theo

My OC-shop: http://www.Soldeerpunt.nl

Post by cmebd » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Qphoria wrote:The best solution would be if opencart added full option types to the core.
Is this a possibility???? OR will new version 1.4.1? overcome these issues?

Additionally - I seem to recall that there was some discussion on the size of graphics - but cannot seem to find it now. I have added a graphic to an option that shows in Admin but not on the product page - should I resize the graphic AND:

If I wanted the Option Graphic (when an option is selected) to replace the Product graphic how would "I" do this given that I don't know how to "php_mysql" or "javascript"?

Thanks for any help on this one.

Cheers

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:09 pm

The next version is going to replace the main image with the option image

Administrator

Post by cmebd » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:09 pm

Fandabbydozie !!

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Post by Andrius » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Getting this Error: PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 29 in - /admin/model/catalog/options_plus.php on line 49
in Error LOG

and

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by - public_html/system/engine/controller.php on line 22

Post by lowlands » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi Q,

Did you miss the question below? It is rather an emergency that would make me have to shut down products with options if not fixed very soon.
lowlands wrote: I run into the following problem. When a customer chooses a product from the options drop down menu, the product price changes as it should. But when the customer adds the product to the shopping cart the initial product is added without the price change.

Example:

http://www.bootbouwshop.nl/peddels%20en ... 20roeiriem

Can you tell what the problem is?
Theo

My OC-shop: http://www.Soldeerpunt.nl

Post by inf » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:48 am

I can't seem to download the mod?

I signed up to your shop but it says
"You have not made any previous downloadable orders!"

Also could you please make main image change when you change colour, not a box of red
Here is my example;

And i will buy this mod asap! :D

inf

Post by cmebd » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:18 am

Disclaimer: I am not a spokesperson for Q, information provided based on posts I have seen:

Q has a notice on his shopfront stating that he will not be upgrading his modules until a confirmed stable release of OC - ie, 1.4.[nextsubversion] and I am assuming that is something past 1.4.4??

Also he has stated that the next upgrade of this particular mod will entail the changing of the "main" product graphic to be replace with the graphic of the selected option.

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Post by Qphoria » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:42 pm

Sorry.. phpbb3 is such a pile of shit that it stopped showing the updates to this thread in the "View New Posts" link

I just happened to stumble on this to see all these questions.

I've made some adjustments for 1.4.4 that should make things easier. I am even going to try an "automatic file edit" step to add the new lines for you to make the install easier.

I've also pulled the small mods into include files to make editing the core files a simple 1 line change. Now the readme is much easier to follow.

I've also decided to use the main image to show the option images as that is the most popular request.

@lowlands. If you are clicking add but it is not adding, I would suggest reuploading the files from the zip. I saw this as well and if I am not mistaken it was due to the product.php or cart.php library file not having the correct data because another mod that didn't have that code replaced it.

Administrator

Post by cmebd » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:06 am

Hi Q,

Is your new version uploaded to the "accounts" on your site? I have looked but don't see a (latest) tag on this module.

Cheers
christine

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Post by Qphoria » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:10 am

I have not uploaded it yet.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:26 am

New version of Options Plus..... (v1.4.4)
I've got this just about done but I'm torn on what to do with the option image.
Many people said they would prefer to use the MAIN image area to display the option image. I have this working, except there are some nuances.
If you think about the way Products and options work
You load the product page and see the main image. And the first option is shown in the dropdown box.

So at this point we have a conundrum, because we should be showing the main image first, and only change the option image when the dropdown box is changed. But it also already showing the first option. At this point, you can choose a different option and then go back to the first option to see the image, but that is confusing

Secondly, After changing the main image to show the option image, how do I go back to the main image? There's no option to click for main image.

So I'm not sure the best way to do this. It would be different if it was something other than a dropdown, as then you could use the mouseover event. I could use the option mouseover event, so that it only shows the image while the mouse is hovering the option in the box, but then you can't use the popup to see a larger size.

Any ideas?

Other new features include:
- The use of "include" files for adding the new code. Instead of pasting large amounts of confusing code from the readme file, I've now put all the code into include files that are called by a single line of modified code from the core files
- New Auto-Installer. This is a bit of a proof of concept for my upcoming Package Installer System. Basically there is a link on the Options Plus configuration page that reads "Run Automod". Click that to have the code make all the file edits to the core files automatically. It comes complete with success and error messages as well as making a backup copy of the files that it is editing.

Administrator

Post by babyewok » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:33 am

Wouldn't the option images suffice? Why would you need an additional 'main' image?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 am

not an "additional" main image.. People want the main product image to change when they change the select box.

Administrator