Post by swisslink » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:28 am

how do I remove "card valid from" and "card issue number" field in paypal pro?

I have looked everywhere for an answer to this, I found someone who had figured it out for payflow, but I am not using payflow.

The two fields card valid from date and card issue number are not used in the USA and are not part of normal checkout systems. therefore I feel I would lose sales by including these fields in the checkout process..

So I simply want to remove them, they are not required field.

Post by swisslink » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:28 pm

Figured it out, found the correct tpl file and edited lines 20 and 60 to display: none;

Post by websiteworld » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:06 am

swisslink wrote:Figured it out, found the correct tpl file and edited lines 20 and 60 to display: none;
Here is some more specifics- Edit pp_pro.tpl

Change

Code: Select all

<div class="form-group">
To:

<div class="form-group"><div style="display:none">

Post by bruiseviolet » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:06 am

<label class="col-sm-2 control-label" for="input-cc-start-date"><span data-toggle="tooltip" title="<?php echo $help_start_date; ?>"><?php echo $entry_cc_start_date; ?></span></label>
      <div class="col-sm-3">
        <select name="cc_start_date_month" id="input-cc-start-date" class="form-control">
          <?php foreach ($months as $month) { ?>
          <option value="<?php echo $month['value']; ?>"><?php echo $month['text']; ?></option>
          <?php } ?>
        </select>
      </div>

<label class="col-sm-2 control-label" for="input-cc-issue"><span data-toggle="tooltip" title="<?php echo $help_issue; ?>"><?php echo $entry_cc_issue; ?></span></label>
      <div class="col-sm-10">
        <input type="text" name="cc_issue" value="" placeholder="<?php echo $entry_cc_issue; ?>" id="input-cc-issue" class="form-control" />
      </div>
I changed mine and both places are still showing up on the checkout form. Where is my brain not connecting the dots with this?

Post by swisslink » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Need to refresh modifications? and/or-- Make sure you are editing the correct .tpl file... there are several... do a file search and check them all.

Easiest thing to do is inspect the code on the page you are looking at and check the html and css settings.

Post by Ozfarmer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:26 am

WSW's fix works with 2.3.2

Location - Australia

Post by samaraki » Thu May 16, 2019 7:31 am

Is there an up to date solution for this, for 3.0.3.2?