Post by bzark » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:27 am

I am getting an error NOT FOUND in the modification log when I refresh the Modifications. But the weird part is that in system/storage/modification folder it creates the footer.php file and has the replacement line. But when I refresh my store it doesn't display my modification. Anyone have a clue?

Code: Select all

<file path="catalog/language/english/common/footer.php">
	<operation info="Change footer copy">
		<search>
			<![CDATA[$_['text_powered']      = 'Powered By <a href="http://www.opencart.com">OpenCart</a><br /> %s &copy; %s';]]>
		</search>
		<add position="replace">
			<![CDATA[$_['text_powered']      = 'Powered By <a href="http://www.opencart.com">OpenCart</a><br /> %s &copy; %s - All rights reserved.;]]>
		</add>
	</operation>
</file>
MOD: Catalog modifications
FILE: catalog/language/english/english.php
CODE: $_['date_format_short'] = 'd/m/Y';
LINE: 4
CODE: $_['datetime_format'] = 'd/m/Y h:i:sa';
NOT FOUND!
FILE: catalog/language/english/common/footer.php
CODE: $_['text_powered'] = 'Powered By <a href="http://www.opencart.com">OpenCart</a><br /> %s &copy; %s - All rights reserved.';
LINE: 16

Post by clorne » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:29 am

The "NOT FOUND" error is the following line
CODE: $_['datetime_format'] = 'd/m/Y h:i:sa';
in the file
catalog/language/english/english.php
and has nothing to do with the footer.php

Post by bzark » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:19 am

Okay that corrected the NOT FOUND error but the footer doesn't reflect the modification even though the file exists in system/storage/modification and has the correct modification. I do have an admin change and that is being reflectd. Is the OCMOD stuff broken for the catalog in 2.1.0.1?

Post by bzark » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:22 am

Forget it, turns out it is this custom theme that is overriding it all. Sorry about that.

Post by bzark » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:43 pm

Actually I take this back. I uninstalled the theme I was using and I am now using the default OpenCart theme and any Catalog modifications are being ignored. I made some admin changes and they are reflected in the admin interface. I know the "storage" directory is new to 2.1.0.1 so I am wondering if that has something to do with it. Anyone have any input?

Post by bzark » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:43 pm

So I finally figured this out. This is the first time I installed on a shared hosting account and it was through GoDaddy. GoDaddy uses Installatron and they include OpenCart as one of the software packages. So I figured why not. After looking at the "What's New" for 2.1.0.1 I noticed this:

This version was originally withheld due to issues discovered during our QA process. These concerns have been remedied through a patch available on the OpenCart forums.

Well this turns out to include a patch that isn't part of the release on October 6th, 2015. I think through that process something got screwed up because the issue is DIR_CATALOG exists in both config.php and admin/config.php. Here is the relevant code in config.php that created the bug.

define('DIR_CATALOG', '/home/store/public_html/catalog/');
define('DIR_APPLICATION', DIR_CATALOG);

This is turns screws up modification() function call in system/startup.php. To fix it remove the DIR_APPLICATION line and then change DIR_CATALOG to DIR_APPLICATION and store to your install folder:

define('DIR_APPLICATION', '/home/store/public_html/catalog/');

You also need to modify these entries in config.php and admin/config.php:

define('DIR_CACHE', DIR_SYSTEM.'cache/');
define('DIR_DOWNLOAD', DIR_SYSTEM.'download/');
define('DIR_UPLOAD', DIR_SYSTEM.'upload/');
define('DIR_MODIFICATION', DIR_SYSTEM.'modification/');
define('DIR_LOGS', DIR_SYSTEM.'logs/');
Change to:

define('DIR_CACHE', DIR_SYSTEM.'storage/cache/');
define('DIR_DOWNLOAD', DIR_SYSTEM.'storage/download/');
define('DIR_UPLOAD', DIR_SYSTEM.'storage/upload/');
define('DIR_MODIFICATION', DIR_SYSTEM.'storage/modification/');
define('DIR_LOGS', DIR_SYSTEM.'storage/logs/');
I wanted to write this up in case anyone else has this issue and searches the forum. In the States a lot of people use GoDaddy.