Post by overthroned » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:47 am

PLEASE INFORM WHEN STABLE VERSION WILL BE READY?

Why buggy version is released - and all are ignoring that. :(

Post by i2Paq » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:21 pm

overthroned wrote:PLEASE INFORM WHEN STABLE VERSION WILL BE READY?

Why buggy version is released - and all are ignoring that. :(
The way the releases are currently handled there will never be a "stable" version release.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by lz1nud » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:06 pm

from the login admin page, if you don't know the password - it shows you option to reset it and send a link to e-mail, after clicking on the e-mail link, the password doesn't reset - it shows you the main login screen and nothing happens.
I found why OC doesn't recognize my password - if you use symbol - "&" in your pass, can not log in (it works fine on OC 1.5+)

Sky-Mag Bulgaria

Location - Bulgaria

Post by webbouk » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:12 am

When attempting to view and change an order status whilst SSL is turned on Access is Denied in Internet Explorer 11

Doing the same in Firefox results in the following error:

Code: Select all

[Exception... "<no message>"  nsresult: "0x805e0006 (<unknown>)"  location: "JS frame :: https://www.mydomain.com/store/admin/view/javascript/jquery/jquery-2.1.1.min.js :: .send :: line 4"  data: no]

[Exception... "<no message>"  nsresult: "0x805e0006 (<unknown>)"  location: "JS frame :: https://www.mydomain.com/store/admin/view/javascript/jquery/jquery-2.1.1.min.js :: .send :: line 4"  data: no]

undefined
This has been reported several times throughout OpenCart 2.0 Support forums.

The only way to change order status and edit orders when using SSL is to turn off SSL in System>Settings ..... which is far from ideal for a live store.

In the OpenCart demo Admin dashboard SSL is not enabled therefore the error will not show

As far as the software is concerned it is very good compared to others out there, both paid for and open source - However this bug is the one major issue that lets it down badly as most stores need SSL in the checkout.
I've yet to see any replies from any of the developers even acknowledging this issue let alone offering a fix to it, and the lack of a solution prevents me from investing in any extensions as I do not want to spend money on extensions for a product that is not fully functional in the first instance

Can someone from OpenCart please acknowledge this bug and at least give me a reassurance that it is being looked into, or shall we take our business elsewhere?

Regards

Post by reefland » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:44 am

2.1.0.1 - Fresh Install - no modifications or extensions added, only standard config changes made (store owner, etc).

First thing I tried is the Contact Us page. It works in that:

1) I get the email that a Contact Us was submitted to the store owner email inbox.
2) The "Your Name" field provided in the form is correct in the "From" email location.
3) The body of the email is correct.

However, the "FROM" email address is not correctly set to the "Email Address" field provided in the form. It appears to be set to the Store Email address as well. Thus I can not reply to the Contact Us email as it lacks the visitor's email address (it has the store email address in the Reply instead of the one provided by the customer).

Post by singwong28 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:58 am

SEO url does not work.

I make a clean install 2.1 twice, enabled "SEO URL" on system setting - server tab.

However, I change information / product on "seo keywords", its become 404 not found page.

this function work properly on 1.5.6 on same server.

My opencart install at /www/oc21 folder.

Post by reefland » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:55 am

reefland wrote:2.1.0.1 - Fresh Install - no modifications or extensions added, only standard config changes made (store owner, etc).

First thing I tried is the Contact Us page. It works in that:

1) I get the email that a Contact Us was submitted to the store owner email inbox.
2) The "Your Name" field provided in the form is correct in the "From" email location.
3) The body of the email is correct.

However, the "FROM" email address is not correctly set to the "Email Address" field provided in the form. It appears to be set to the Store Email address as well. Thus I can not reply to the Contact Us email as it lacks the visitor's email address (it has the store email address in the Reply instead of the one provided by the customer).
I tried adding a "setReplyTo" to the email generated, but it did not work.

As a work around to at least make the Contact Us email somewhat useful, I added the Contact Us submitter's email address to the body of the email. Perhaps this will inspire someone to think of a better solution.

Edited File: catalog/controller/information/contact.php

Changed:

$mail->setText($this->request->post['enquiry']);
To:

$mail->setText($this->request->post['enquiry'] . "\r\n\r\nFrom: " . html_entity_decode($this->request->post['email'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'));
Now when I get a Contact Us email, I have the email address of the submitter that I can use with a copy & paste into the TO field.

Post by sergiubarbu » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:25 pm

I get this error: Undefined index: terms in /home/admin/public_html/voucherstore.net/catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout/payment_method.tpl on line 16

line 16 is :
<?php if ($payment_method['terms']) { ?>
My OC version is: 2.1.0.1 (upgraded from 1.5.6.4
Any ideea what could be?

Post by pm-netti » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:48 pm

sergiubarbu wrote:I get this error: Undefined index: terms in /home/admin/public_html/voucherstore.net/catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout/payment_method.tpl on line 16

line 16 is :
<?php if ($payment_method['terms']) { ?>
My OC version is: 2.1.0.1 (upgraded from 1.5.6.4
Any ideea what could be?
Your file catalog/model/payment/?.php is error.
This example in file model/payment/cheque.php:

$method_data = array(
				'code'       => 'cheque',
				'title'      => $this->language->get('text_title'),
				'terms'      => '',
				'sort_order' => $this->config->get('cheque_sort_order')
			);

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by webbouk » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:04 am

Spelling bug when printing Invoice...

'Shipping Adress' - should read 'Shipping Address'

Where can I find the language file for the 'print invoice' template in order to correct this?

Post by OSWorX » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:23 am

webbouk wrote:Spelling bug when printing Invoice...

'Shipping Adress' - should read 'Shipping Address'

Where can I find the language file for the 'print invoice' template in order to correct this?

../admin/language/english/sale/order.php

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by webbouk » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:57 am

Many thanks OSWorkX :)

Two lines to amend to correct 'adress' to 'address' - lines 25 & 31

Post by webbouk » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 am

Patch to fix the issue re editing order history whilst using SSL...
keninorlando wrote:My current version is: Version 2.1.0.1 on Apache

This is how I patched mine to get around this error:
While editing orders in the adming, you'll get an error message like this when viewing an order.
Exception... "<no message>" nsresult: "0x805e0006 (<unknown>)" location: "JS frame ::

Looks like the API user tries to login via HTTP while the browser is in HTTPS
in admin/view/template/sale/order_info.tpl you'll find this line:

$.ajax({
url: '<?php echo $store_url; ?>index.php?route=api/login',

It shows that it's using a variable called '$store_url , which is defined in: admin/controller/sale/order.php

In admin/controller/sale/order.php Find this line:

$data['store_url'] = $order_info['store_url'];

You'll notice it pulls the url from the order, and not from your browsing context.
I'm not sure if I'm over riding some other functionality, but I added this:

$data['store_url'] = $order_info['store_url'];
# add the following
if( isset($_SERVER['HTTPS'] ) ) {
$data['store_url'] = str_replace('http://','https://',$data['store_url']);
}

It just checks if you're in SSL mode and swaps the http for https

When I did that everything started working.

Post by moodleboy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:34 am

Not sure if these are bugs, intentional features, or just me.

1) When admin goes to edit an order, customer cart is populated with products in the order. If customer logs in, they see their cart populated with their previous order. This can (and has) cause confusion.

2) When deleting an order, clicking the delete button temporarily shows the loading button (good), then shows success message (also good), but order still shows in list (not good). Admin must refresh page for the order to disappear.

These show up on a clean install of 2.1.0.1

Post by lpecsok58 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:25 am

Hi ... my version is 2.1.0.1

I went to post this to github, but it has already been addressed a few times, but no response and I see no fix ... all previous topics closed. If there is a fix, please, please direct me.

If you know the fix please post. I really need help on this. This link below explains it well.

Edit Order Fetches Current Product Price, Not Sold At Price
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/3298

My inventory changes daily as well as product prices, depending on costs. I just found this issue where the product sold last week for $97.50, but the current price is $99.95

I saw this while correcting the shipping fee on an order today and I have free shipping on all orders over $99 ... I was confused that the price was over that AND included shipping. That is because it is wrong ... she didnt' pay the higher price eligible for free shipping she paid less. I almost refunded the shipping.

As well, an audit would look like I am defrauding the government out of a few dollars here and there x 1000's.

The government agencies and tax authorities will have a lot of money being put into their pockets from penalties and fees they will impose on us here in the US for what they may see as tax evasion when the records don't match.

Is there a fix for edit orders to match the actual sale and not the current catalog?

Please and thank you in advance,
Lisa

Post by daniGo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:17 pm

You can fix this, but the problem is when you add new product, which is already in the order. Which price is now ok, the new or the old and how the cart distinguish the new one from the old. The add function in cart search, if is already there a product with equal data and then insert or update a product. You can separate both with new value to search, but now you have two equal products in the cart, but each product in separate line, because the cart think that is different product

http://www.gombac.si

Location - Slovenia

Post by lpecsok58 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:36 pm

daniGo wrote:You can fix this, but the problem is when you add new product, which is already in the order. Which price is now ok, the new or the old and how the cart distinguish the new one from the old. The add function in cart search, if is already there a product with equal data and then insert or update a product. You can separate both with new value to search, but now you have two equal products in the cart, but each product in separate line, because the cart think that is different product
Hi, ... thank you for trying. This will not work, or I am not understanding you.

... I am talking about a *completed* order ... shipped, etc. ... the price *changes* to a wrong price, being the *current* price, not the price that was paid.

OpenCart is not *recording* a *permanent* record of the price paid in the transaction. ... it is a static field which cannot be edited to the correct price paid. ... if so, please advise *where* and how to *lock* that price (price paid) in the transaction.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:28 pm

lpecsok58 wrote: OpenCart is not *recording* a *permanent* record of the price paid in the transaction. ... it is a static field which cannot be edited to the correct price paid. ... if so, please advise *where* and how to *lock* that price (price paid) in the transaction.
Actually, it does, it's in the DB table 'order_product' where it records the following historic order details:

order_id
product_id
name
model
quantity
price
total
tax
reward

So your problem must be somewhere else. Maybe it's not using this DB table correctly?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by daniGo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Why you edit shipped order? You can add an hidden field to the cart table in order edit page with paid price and then pass this price to the cart class. Then in cart class with one session var replace current price with the passed price. But the problem come when you try to add new product which is already in order.

http://www.gombac.si

Location - Slovenia

Post by lpecsok58 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:53 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Actually, it does, it's in the DB table 'order_product' where it records the following historic order details:

order_id
product_id
name
model
quantity
price
total
tax
reward

So your problem must be somewhere else. Maybe it's not using this DB table correctly?
Hi, thank you for taking the time to address this.

Yes, I see it in myphpadmin ... it is not in OpenCart admin ...

In OpenCart admin ...
Dashboard > Total Orders (and) Total Sales > Order List ... Order ID Customer Status Total Date Added Date Modified are all populated correctly in list view.

Suppose I want to see what a customer ordered ... If I click to *view* any transaction (order) from here it shows *no results* ... the order id is there as well as customer payment and shipping information. No points, no transaction history, no product, price, total, etc.

From this *orders* view, I was confused and clicked on the customer name in customer details ... it brought up: Edit Customer ... 5 tabs:
General: Date added/ correct
History: Date added/ correct -- no comment (field is blank)
Transactions: Date added/ shows date I updated status to shipped -- No description, no $$$ amount (shows $00.00)
Reward Points: Correct
IP address ... site server IP and mine, not hers

That above is all from VIEW in OpenCart admin

The transaction record that OpenCart will show is If I click to *edit* order ... which is how I found the *price paid* issue ... OpenCart admin displays the *current* catalog price, not the *paid* price.

Here is an example of two ... details only seen in edit.
1st order:
Customer details: correct
Products: items are correct, price is incorrect as it shows current catalog price and not the price paid
Payment details: correct
Shipping details: correct
Totals: incorrect: shows current catalog price, not price paid

This one is even worse: Item is currently out of stock (quantity zero, price zero, enabled or disabled produces same)
2nd order:
Customer details: correct
Products: No results
Payment details: correct
Shipping details: correct
Totals: incorrect: product, model, quantity, unit price all blank ... totals $0.00

How do I fix this? When you state IT is not using the database correctly ... are we talking about OpenCart?