Post by Boldly Going » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:23 am

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
I'm new to Opencart and new to using forums generally, so please forgive me if I have posted incorrectly. I came looking for answers that evaded me for a couple of days. I needed to change the colour of the top navigation bar that house's the categories, it is blue in the default installation.

However, I have managed to change this after poking around with Fliezilla. This is the path, catalog/view/theme/default/stylesheet/stylesheet.css
.dropdown-menu li > a:hover {
text-decoration: none;
color: #ffffff;
background-color: #585858;
background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #23a1d1, #1f90bb);
background-repeat: repeat-x;

Change the linear gradient values. #23a1d1, #1f90bb to your preferred colour

All this will be obvious to many who use this forum but it wasn't obvious to me at first, so I thought I'd share for the benefit of others.

I'm feeling better for making a contribution as I am sure there will be many questions in the future from me.

Many thanks to the contributors who's knowledge has already helped me as I have browsed the forum.

Post by bsberger0 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:46 am

I was thrilled to find this post as it promised to answer my question - except this IS the same entry I am changing in the same file and it fails to work for me. As a newbie to Opencart, I've changed many other things in this file and they are reflected in the site but I am unable to change the menu bar color. Have I missed something? I even emptied my cache but still it is the same color - which isn't a bad color on it's own but clashes with what I am trying to do.

Post by TAC » Wed May 27, 2015 11:44 pm

Just wanted to point out that it is best to duplicate the default theme folder and give it a new name. Then make any customisations in there.

Otherwise if you upgrade you'll lose everything.

Remember to activate your new 'theme' in the store settings :)

TAC

Location - England

Post by viethemes » Thu May 28, 2015 9:59 pm

bsberger0 wrote:I was thrilled to find this post as it promised to answer my question - except this IS the same entry I am changing in the same file and it fails to work for me. As a newbie to Opencart, I've changed many other things in this file and they are reflected in the site but I am unable to change the menu bar color. Have I missed something? I even emptied my cache but still it is the same color - which isn't a bad color on it's own but clashes with what I am trying to do.
Could you provide your site URL, so we can take a look at it closer?

http://www.viethemes.com - OpenCart turtorials, news, tips and stricks, extension

Our extensions:
Visual Theme Editor - Powerful tool for customizing style of any theme visually
Live Theme Editor - Customize layout, colors, backgrounds, fonts of the default theme
Theme Animation - Animation Editor for any theme

Extra Positions PRO, Custom JavaScript, Custom CSS and others

Post by monktoast » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:03 pm

this only changes the highlighted drop down menu, not the actual blue bar across the top..im still having trouble finding the color code to change! god

Post by VictorDrummond » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:50 pm

monktoast wrote:this only changes the highlighted drop down menu, not the actual blue bar across the top..im still having trouble finding the color code to change! god
stylesheet.css - #menu { etc

Is on line 202 (approx - but I've added a few things in earlier to mine so maybe is about line 195-ish)

After change css, press F5 (refresh). Also check on mobile device, you'll see why when you look.

Hosting for Oc 2.x: Well tested on 2.03.1 including emails work correctly, cPanel Shared or WHM VPS, managed security, fast & reliable SSD drives, Raid 10 /4 disk redundancy, server locale - Texas, contact me to discuss further.

Location - On the balcony slammin' Margaritas

Post by monktoast » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:33 am

still blue

all the shopping cart software today really sucks, cant they just make it intuitive? how damn hard is it to change a bar color?

Post by cyclops12 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:48 am

Have you tried changing

Code: Select all

#menu {
	background-color: #229ac8;
	background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #23a1d1, #1f90bb);
	background-repeat: repeat-x;
	border-color: #1f90bb #1f90bb #145e7a;
	min-height: 40px;
}
in catalogue/theme/YOUR_THEME/stylesheet/stylesheet.css around line 192

Expert Member

Post by Naturallynz » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:50 pm

I am having the same issue and I have found where to change it all etc...still blue. In earlier versions it would work easily. Anyone have any ideas why it wont change even though the correct section has had alternative colour codes entered?
I have no mods installed, in fact its a clean install and doesnt have anything other than my logo lol

Post by viethemes » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:53 pm

Did you try to clear cache of browser?

http://www.viethemes.com - OpenCart turtorials, news, tips and stricks, extension

Our extensions:
Visual Theme Editor - Powerful tool for customizing style of any theme visually
Live Theme Editor - Customize layout, colors, backgrounds, fonts of the default theme
Theme Animation - Animation Editor for any theme

Extra Positions PRO, Custom JavaScript, Custom CSS and others

Post by Naturallynz » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:52 am

Hi viethemes, yes I had. About an hour later everything showed as it should. Either my ISP was having a bad day or chrome went to bed early. Its all fine now :)

Post by rachna » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:55 pm

Hey,

so which code did you finally change to change the top nav bar.

I am still struggling