Post by Daniel » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:37 am

This release just fixes some of the small bugs found with 1.4.2

Fixed:
Fixed URL problem when a visitor uses yoursite.com instead of http://www.yoursite.com
Fixed URL problem for windows server and the forwards slashes
Also a currency problem when a customer changes currency on checkout and shipping rate does not change.

Changes:
http://code.google.com/p/opencart/source/detail?r=101

Download:
http://opencart.googlecode.com/files/op ... v1.4.3.zip

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:51 am

Thank you Daniel!

Any issues can be reported here: OpenCart 1.4.3

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by kero » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:56 am

Great Job Daniel.
I always appriciate your awesome work.

Good luck for your futre!

Post by shoo002 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:16 am

Excellent Work,

So is it stable enough now to upgrade, if so how do i upgrade from 1.4.0.

Thanks
Stewart

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:29 am

Administrator

Post by shoo002 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:33 am

Sorry Q,

Just found that post after i had written on this thread.

Thanks
Stewart

Post by ekerazha » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:13 am

In this version are invoices fixed for EU?

Location - Italy

Post by i2Paq » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:12 pm

Please, report any issues in the appropiate topic: Post OpenCart 1.4.3 Bugs Here!

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by gavin m » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:16 pm

OK, not to worried about the EU issue with invoices, but I would like to know if the invoice number incrementing has been sorted? Does it not miss out any numbers now due to lost orders anymore?

Post by wormytux » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:34 am

is it safe to upgrade now? is this stable? :)

Post by sunburn1979 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:37 am

Thats what id like to know also.
can we get an answer to this question is this version of opencart stable? and doo all the payment methods now work?

Or should we wait for another release?

Post by DannyMacD » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:46 am

can you advise if this is a stable version to upgrade to please. im currently using 1.4.0

many thanks

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:23 am

yes its stable!

more stable than 1.4.0.

I don't understand why you think i would release soemething unstable. the bugs that have been reported are minor and don;t stop opencart functioning.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by ckanoab » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:42 am

looks like there's missing files in the svn trunk...
/system/library/log.php
/system/library/length.php
/catalog/model/setting/store.php
/admin/model/setting/store.php
/catalog/model/tool/image.php
/admin/model/tool/image.php

that's all i've found so far

EDIT:
also it looks like the sql script that installs the dummy data seems to have left out the setting/store permissions

Post by DannyMacD » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:56 am

Daniel wrote:yes its stable!

more stable than 1.4.0.

I don't understand why you think i would release soemething unstable. the bugs that have been reported are minor and don;t stop opencart functioning.

because every time a new version comes out people say "do not use for live store" so i just wanted to make sure...

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:10 am

this is why i get annoyed with people. because some feature or some minor problem is there they start posting around the forum not to use the latest version.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by peteVA » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:58 am

Daniel wrote:this is why i get annoyed with people. because some feature or some minor problem is there they start posting around the forum not to use the latest version.
I must say I am leery of most of the versions because there are all sorts of threads showing "fixes" by people other than you.

Probably a quarter of the threads have some of the coders here showing people how to get their carts working.

I'm not talking about mods, or specific features that someone would like. Just little patches of code here and there to get it to work as you would expect "out of the box". I've been using and installing carts for people for 9 years and have never seen where users had to go to the forum to get other users to show them snippets to change just to make the cart do properly.

I was truly hot on this a couple of months or 6 weeks ago, but it seems like there is one thing after another. I can't believe the with or without www. issue has not been resolved. That is major. Yet you say there are just a few little things.

I've seen some others come and go during these 2 months, they just seem to feel as if they are talking to a wall about things that would improve the cart, even offer to help, only to be ignored.

There are problems. I don't think anyone is blowing it out of proportion. I honestly can't understand why you have not dropped everything and done something about the www. or http:// issue. Like it or not, there are people who use both. They should be neutral for any script.

You have a lot of people who want this to work, to become the best there is. But blowing off issues, or having others do one on one patches is not how it will happen.

There is no guide, no single place to see even these individual fixes. And unless you use just the right search terms, you won't find them. It's a shame things are so disorganized.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by imadam » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:24 am

thanks for the update but ahh what a pain for when someone mods their cart. Upgrades are the greatest issue about opencart, not because it presents stability problems, but because of the fantastic code it's extremely easy to edit, but this means when a a major update is released all the edited files need to be re-edited which is extremely hard to know what is edited or not.

would be great to know of the plans for next updates, what's next on your list dan to add to opencart so we can know if it's worth waiting for the next latest and greatest opencart version or not? :)

my opencart carpet cleaning woking guildford and Office Cleaning Services in Guildford

Location - Surrey

Post by rph » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:13 am

peteVA wrote:I was truly hot on this a couple of months or 6 weeks ago, but it seems like there is one thing after another. I can't believe the with or without www. issue has not been resolved. That is major. Yet you say there are just a few little things.
I think it was stated to have been fixed in 1.4.3.

OpenCart's dev/test/release cycle and version control is topsy-turvy (to put it politely) but at the end of the day it's freakin' free. I might have to spend a little time fixing a bug or two but I guarantee the time I spend doing that is several magnitude less than what Daniel's put into developing a free, feature-rich shopping cart.

Code and feature feedback is absolutely necessary to having a thriving project but it just seems lately bitching is the first thing people do. Part of that is how Daniel handles criticism and communicates the future direction of OpenCart (not the best) but another part is because we've gotten so much of what we want into the cart there's a certain amount of laziness about doing additional work. OpenCart is never going to do everything I want it to; it's going to be a framework for it.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:54 am

Daniel wrote:yes its stable!

more stable than 1.4.0.

well lets see because you released 1.4.1 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 within a week and the last two are supposedly bug fix releases which would mean that the first two were inherently not stable. Actually maybe stable is not a proper term. Not bug free would be more appropriate I suppose.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US