Post by ITFixt » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:54 am

I'm using OC 2.0.3.1

I need to be able to offer free shipping over a certain order value, with a fixed shipping charge blow that value. In addition, I need to be able to set those values differently for different geozones, like this:
geozone1: Free over €40, otherwise €4
geozone2: Free over €60, otherwise €6
geozone3: Free over €80, otherwise €15

Can "Shipping Flat Rate plus free" do this?

If not, could I just make 3 copies of it, say "Free1", "Free2" and "Free3", changing variable and config item names within them appropriately?

The right answer would be to be able to specify how many zones one wants and set them accordingly... but that is more work than I have time for ATM :)

Post by mash0028 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:33 pm

Hello try to download

X-Shipping in extension page.

Its free, maybe it works for your need.

Post by Johnathan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:00 pm

Total-Based Shipping can do all of that, if you're interested in a commercial extension. You'd set it up like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARGE #1
Title: Geo Zone 1 Shipping
Sort Order: 1
Charge Field: 0-39.99 = 4.00, 40-9999 = 0
Rule: Geo Zone is Geo Zone 1

CHARGE #2
Title: Geo Zone 2 Shipping
Sort Order: 2
Charge Field: 0-59.99 = 6.00, 60-9999 = 0
Rule: Geo Zone is Geo Zone 2

CHARGE #3
Title: Geo Zone 3 Shipping
Sort Order: 3
Charge Field: 0-79.99 = 15.00, 80-9999 = 0
Rule: Geo Zone is Geo Zone 3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by ITFixt » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:24 am

mash0028 wrote:Hello try to download

X-Shipping in extension page.

Its free, maybe it works for your need.
Thanks! I did try that. It's easy enough to configure but it didn't work.
1) Installing it according to the instructions didn't work - uploding the file smanuall did the trick.
2) It comes up with zero shipping when it shouldn't! So, I put a "mail" call in it to log the cart subtotal, the free shipping limit and the shipping cost for non-free... and it gets called 12 times when you click "Get quotes" in the front end!! Each one showed a different set of values :/
3) I may try and debug this but I'm not even sure if the model being called 12 times is a bug in the extension of an artifact of Open Cart :/

There is a paid "Pro" version of this extension but TBH if I can't get this one to work I'm not encouraged to buy the pro version :{
Johnathan wrote:Total-Based Shipping can do all of that, if you're interested in a commercial extension. You'd set it up like this:
Thanks Johnathan. That would certainly work, too. I'll spend a little time seeing if I can get x-xhipping to work, as I've already invested some time in it, If not, $20 is a small investment to save me a lot of time & hassle :) Incidentally: do you happen to know if OC calls shipping quote modules a dozen times?

Post by ITFixt » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:50 am

OK, so the 12 times is within the module. It should do nothing else as soon as it finds a method is not enabled... and yet it doesn't! I can change that easily enough...

Post by ITFixt » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:40 am

The reason it was giving zero shipping when the cart total was below the breakpoint was that I had appended a currency sign to the amount when configuring it :{

It's now all working properly (and a bit more efficiently than it was!) :)

Thanks again for the help.