Post by loriwhitlock » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:53 pm

I am having a disturbing issue with my site. When customers are coming to my store http://www.loriwhitlock.com/shop they are automatically being logged into another customer's account. They can see the other customer's personal data and download their previous purchases. They can then log out and back in as themselves only to see that somebody else has added things to their cart and their wish list. I need to find someone that can help me resolve this issue quickly as I'm losing the trust and confidence of my customers at an alarming rate right now. Is there anyone who can help?

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:38 am

Do you have another shop on the same domain?

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by loriwhitlock » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:42 am

No. I only have one shop.

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:49 am

Strange. I've only ever seen that where you have two stores where people can log in. What sort of third party extensions/modifications if any have you installed?

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by ostechnologies » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:38 pm

Are you using any cache extension?

Opencart Expert | sales[at]ost.agency
Skype - manish.osuniverse | Gtalk - manishmt

Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.ost.agency/product/product- ... extensions
ost.agency - ecommerce website design, development and digital company

Post by loriwhitlock » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:17 am

I am using CloudFlare. Would that cause this problem? Oops. Never mind. I just checked and ever since I turned SSL on it's been inactive (a couple of months).

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:18 am

loriwhitlock wrote:I am using CloudFlare. Would that cause this problem? Oops. Never mind. I just checked and ever since I turned SSL on it's been inactive (a couple of months).
What has been inactive since you turned SSL on? Cloudflare is a bit tricky to get setup, especially with SSL. I would agree with the others that if it's not a Cloudflare configuration issue, it's a module that's doing something strange to your site.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by ostechnologies » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:41 pm

Yes I agree it is caused by some module. So, need to check it.

Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.ost.agency/product/product- ... extensions

Post by smati » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:37 am

Hi,
I am facing the same problem.

I have three Open Cart installations on the same server. It's like
They share the same MySQL DB with different prefixes.

The problem now is that sometimes a customer is automatically logged in as a different customer. He can even see the history of the user.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Post by loriwhitlock » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:50 am

I ended up migrating my shop to BigCommerce. The shop had over 4000 products and it was getting WAY too big and cumbersome with my host and my version of OpenCart. It's been such a good move for me. But, just before the migration, I do believe I figured out that Varnish Caching was turned on with my host. I had to turn that off and it helped solve the log in problem with my customers. But, with it off the site was incredibly slow. Hope this helps.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:42 pm

loriwhitlock wrote:The shop had over 4000 products and it was getting WAY too big and cumbersome with my host and my version of OpenCart.
Pretty much any version of OpenCart should be able to handle 4000 with ease, even with no caching extensions so it's likely the problem was either your host or a dodgy extension/custom modification.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by ostechnologies » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi Smati,

Can you share your actual URL so that we can check it or you can PM me the details.

Regards
Manish

Post by apco » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:57 pm

I am having this exact issue, where customers are logging in into other customers accounts. Even when I log in store, it logs into the last customer that has been logged in. I have cleared cache, but it is not helping and it is freaking me out. I'm also having the same issues as a lot of other opencart stores with spam fake affiliate and customer accounts. I'm deleting them as they come, but I'm very worried as to what it is they are trying to achieve.
HELP!

Post by normanfost » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:07 am

Hi apco,

PM Sent!

Regards,
Norman F.

Post by hostimizer » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:55 pm

sir i also face same issue before 10 days .. when i transfer my site from other server to new..

but this error not present yet.. its automatically gone..

but i worry if its come back what i do..

plz tell me how can i fix it and what need to check

i am using OpenCart3.0.2.0

Post by frank 123 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi @Hostimizer,

I am interested in your requirement and will be glad to assist you for Fixing the error While site transfer

Please reach me out through skype : cis.am3 or email me at frank@cisinlabs.com

Thanks
Frank

Regards
Frank
Skype cis.am3
Frank@cisinlabs.com