Post by labohemianatural » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:50 am

I installed this tool through the extension installer after enabling FTP. It said install was successful and the modification shows up in modifications but it does not list under system or settings or anyhwhere in the dashboard menu for that matter.

This is after trying to install it manually several times, unsuccessfully :/ ??? ??? ??? ???

Marie

Post by Vizzuals » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:55 am

I am having a weird problem. I successfully imported 1142 items but when I look at my list of products I see many duplicates. Some are duplicated as many as 6 times, some are duplicated only once and very few have no duplicates. I have no duplicate ID's at all. I checked PHPMyAdmin and in the oc_products table it shows the exact 1142 items with no duplicates. But this is what I see when I look at my products in OpenCart:
duplicate-products.png

duplicate-products.png (492.65 KiB) Viewed 4110 times

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:55 pm

Just to repeat: Most issues described here have nothing to do with the Export/Import tool as such, but rather with OpenCart's installer. The most common causes for install failures are:

1) FTP not enabled
2) No or invalid FTP root
3) Forgetting to click on the Refresh button at Extensions > Modifications after install

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by davidbfranks » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:31 pm

Is it compatible with 2.1.0.1 yet?

Thanks

David

Location - London

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:07 am

davidbfranks wrote:Is it compatible with 2.1.0.1 yet?

Thanks

David
Yes, it is.

Also, it has been updated to a new release (V2.27), with added support for product and category filters and some bugfixes.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by elpanda13 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:42 am

Hi @JNeuhoff,

i tried your module before when i had 1.5.6 running and it worked like a charm, today though with 2.0.3.1 version running, and your v2.27 import/export module freshly installed, i have trouble importing.

it exports fine, and it seems to import fine as well (it says it's been imported) but the categories do not appear anywhere. i tried refreshing, and clearing the cache, even checking my database and it's as i feared, it just says it imports it but it doesn't. could you tell me what have i done wrong?

thanks!

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:30 am

elpanda13 wrote:Hi @JNeuhoff,

i tried your module before when i had 1.5.6 running and it worked like a charm, today though with 2.0.3.1 version running, and your v2.27 import/export module freshly installed, i have trouble importing.

it exports fine, and it seems to import fine as well (it says it's been imported) but the categories do not appear anywhere. i tried refreshing, and clearing the cache, even checking my database and it's as i feared, it just says it imports it but it doesn't. could you tell me what have i done wrong?

thanks!
Make sure to include your admin backend language as an active frontend language, too, otherwise the imported products won't show up in the admin backend.

Guru Member

Post by tjsystems » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:33 am

JNeuhoff wrote:Yes, it is.

Also, it has been updated to a new release (V2.27), with added support for product and category filters and some bugfixes.
Seems I connot find the importer/exporter under Tools.. Where is it located in 2.1.0.1?
Thanks for you great tool!

BR,
Tim

Live with 2.2.0.0 fully SSL.

Location - NL, Amsterdam

Post by SubatWest » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:52 am

Hi
Firstly thank you for extension update. Installed and worked first time.

One question when i upload and use add or full option in attributes only inserts the last set ,
i.e.

product_id attribute_group attribute text(en)

1 Book Information Condition New
1 Book Information Pages 400
1 Book Information Publisher Holland

Only the third is added

Is there a way to get the system to accept all 3?

Thanks

Subatwest

Post by TAC » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:27 am

TAC wrote:so I uploaded the files via ftp. I have since refreshed Modifications as well several times.

I am able to see the tool in the User Groups but it does not show up on the Tools Menu or in the Modifications list either.

I am using OC 2.0.3.1 with the Journal 2 Theme and opencart-2-0-x-export-import-multilingual-2-26.ocmod.zip

I have not installed vqmod as I thought I didn't have to with 2.0.

What might I have missed?

Thank you :)
I've done this again on another installation and still the Export/Import does not show up on the Tools Menu or in the Modifications list either :(

TAC

Location - England

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:54 am

tjsystems wrote:

Seems I connot find the importer/exporter under Tools.. Where is it located in 2.1.0.1?

BR,
Tim
It should be under the Tools menu. If niot, something went wrong with your installation. Most common causes for this:

1) FTP not enabled
2) Wrong or missing FTP root
3) Forgot to do a Refresh in Extensions > Modifications after install

Guru Member

Post by tjsystems » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:02 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
tjsystems wrote:

BR,
Tim
It should be under the Tools menu. If niot, something went wrong with your installation. Most common causes for this:

1) FTP not enabled
Hmm, did al the above steps.. still no luck.

After Disable and then Enable the module again, and a refresh.... It's now showing in Tools. 8)

Live with 2.2.0.0 fully SSL.

Location - NL, Amsterdam

Post by TAC » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:14 pm

1) FTP not enabled

After Disable and then Enable the module again, and a refresh.... It's now showing in Tools. 8)
I followed those steps too and still E/I is not showing in the Tools. It is not showing in Modifications either so I cannot disable and enable it. Screen shots attached.

Attachments

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 08.12.41.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 08.12.41.png (48.13 KiB) Viewed 4019 times

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 08.11.59.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 08.11.59.png (16.15 KiB) Viewed 4019 times

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 08.11.44.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 08.11.44.png (60.65 KiB) Viewed 4019 times

TAC

Location - England

Post by tkuypers » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:05 pm

I've used this extension for a number of 1.5x sites, works like a charm!
But now I'm trying it on a 2.0.3.1 site and only the active language is exported. Am I doing something wrong?

Post by elpanda13 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:57 pm

JNeuhoff wrote: Make sure to include your admin backend language as an active frontend language, too, otherwise the imported products won't show up in the admin backend.
Already did that (before i asked you the question), but there's nothing in there, not even in the database, so it's not importing a thing :/

here's all i've done so far:
1) installed the module via the module manager
2)went to modifications and refreshed everything
3)added admin access and permissions on user agents

is there something else i have to do? i have translations for BOTH my languages (english and italian) and have filled the obligatory fieds. on italian language translated categories i have already made suure there are no "special characters" and have tried uploading both an excel worksheet and an openoffice one.

here's both my files, check them out: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/epzwspdk17o7 ... eLeSa?dl=0

i really appreciate you helping my case!

Post by SubatWest » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi @JNeuhoff,

Have you managed to look at my question? My site is near ready to complete and would really appreciate your insight on the attribute issue, as I have a large number to update.

Grateful for any help.

Regards
Subatwest

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:55 pm

TAC wrote:

1) FTP not enabled

I followed those steps too and still E/I is not showing in the Tools. It is not showing in Modifications either so I cannot disable and enable it. Screen shots attached.
What's in your FTP root?

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:00 pm

SubatWest wrote:Hi
Firstly thank you for extension update. Installed and worked first time.

One question when i upload and use add or full option in attributes only inserts the last set ,
i.e.

1 Book Information Condition New
1 Book Information Pages 400
1 Book Information Publisher Holland

Only the third is added

Is there a way to get the system to accept all 3?

Thanks

Subatwest
You have to define all your attributes first before using them in the products. Otherwise it won't add them.

Guru Member

Post by bhy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:02 pm

I could not get the mod installer to work so I uploaded the files via ftp. I have since refreshed Modifications as well several times.

I am able to see the tool in the User Groups but it does not show up on the Tools Menu or in the Modifications list either.

I am using OC 2.0.3.1 with the Journal 2 Theme and opencart-2-0-x-export-import-multilingual-2-26.ocmod.zip

I have not installed vqmod as I thought I didn't have to with 2.0.

What might I have missed?
TAC, this is exactly the problem I have.

I think I may have found a solution, but didn't have time to test it yet.

The key is the file install.xml inside the opencart-2-0-x-export-import-multilingual-2-26.ocmod.zip file.

If you look at it, you can see it's probably supposed to modify some files -- notably admin/controller/common/menu.php and some others -- and add the respective menu entries in them in order for the extension to be accessible.

When the installation process doesn't work and you upload the extension manually, these changes of course don't happen. That's why you can't see the tool in the administration. It should be possible to modify the files such as menu.php manually, according to what's described in the install.xml file. It's a dirty hack but it should work.

As I said, I didn't have time to test that yet, if you can try it I'll be happy to hear whether you succeeded or not, otherwise I'll get back to you here after I can test it myself.

have a nice day
bhy

bhy

Post by SubatWest » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi again

Yes I have created attributes.
1 Book Information ISBN 978184833929, 8601418255062
2 Book Information ISBN 1849833923, 9781849833929

76 Book Information ISBN 0862819784, 9780862819781
77 Book Information ISBN 0709027656, 9780709027652
78 Book Information ISBN 0297813102, 9780297813101
1 Book Information Pages 144
2 Book Information Pages 400
3 Book Information Pages 672

76 Book Information Publisher Hodder & Stoughton
77 Book Information Condition Oakleaf Publishing
78 Book Information Condition Oxford Press

These are a sample from my excel file