Post by magzen » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:40 am

Hello,

Iam having problems installing ocmod modules in extension installer, getting a internal server error, i have attached a image with the error popping up, if someone have a clue, i cant figure it out.

running nginx server.

/magzen

Attachments

error_when_installing.jpg

Error Popup when installing ocmod modules - error_when_installing.jpg (175.36 KiB) Viewed 3108 times

Last edited by magzen on Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Qphoria » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:00 am

The error hidden in that mess is "500" which means its a php error somewhere but your server is suppressing server errors.

See this tutorial for help enabling errors so you can see the real underlying cause:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=50555

Administrator

Post by magzen » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:24 am

Qphoria wrote:The error hidden in that mess is "500" which means its a php error somewhere but your server is suppressing server errors.

See this tutorial for help enabling errors so you can see the real underlying cause:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=50555
Thanks for reply, i have already the following activated in settings and php.ini file but it the error doesnt seem to show for the following issue.

/magzen

Post by magzen » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:57 am

When uploading a xml file in Extension Installer it works perfectly fine, only the zipped files does not work.

Post by magzen » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:39 pm

No one knows what may be causing the problem? iam not receiving errors in the error log when trying to upload a module, but i have other errors related to imagesize for broken images that is not related so the error log shows errors.

Post by straightlight » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:52 pm

It is possible that your server does not handle ZIP files since the compression library from your hoster may not be installed over your domain. I would suggest to contact your host and ask them if it's possible to use ZIP compression method with them.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:55 pm

magzen wrote:No one knows what may be causing the problem? iam not receiving errors in the error log when trying to upload a module, but i have other errors related to imagesize for broken images that is not related so the error log shows errors.
You need to find out the underlying error message for your Internal Server Error 500 message, the only way to do that is to ask your webhost for the server's error_log for the exact time of this error.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by magzen » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:12 am

straightlight wrote:It is possible that your server does not handle ZIP files since the compression library from your hoster may not be installed over your domain. I would suggest to contact your host and ask them if it's possible to use ZIP compression method with them.
You need to find out the underlying error message for your Internal Server Error 500 message, the only way to do that is to ask your webhost for the server's error_log for the exact time of this error.
Iam on a dedicated server, i checked using phpinfo if the zip support is missing but it doesn't look like that

Code: Select all

Registered PHP Streams	https, ftps, compress.zlib, compress.bzip2, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip
and there is more text for zip support in the phpinfo, to make sure that it is not a server problem i made a fresh installation to another domain a fresh copy of Opencart and it worked perfectly fine to install ocmod extensions so the problem seems to be located maybe somewhere in the files.

Only if the error logs would have provided me with some errors would have made things little easier, i have errors from before in the error log for broken images in products not related to this problem.

what folders does ocmod usualy use? maybe if i check the folder permission there it can help.

Thanks

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:52 am

magzen wrote: Only if the error logs would have provided me with some errors would have made things little easier, i have errors from before in the error log for broken images in products not related to this problem.
The /var/log folder is the usual place for error logs, e.g. on Ubuntu-based systems it would be in /var/log/apache2/error.log

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by magzen » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:20 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
magzen wrote: Only if the error logs would have provided me with some errors would have made things little easier, i have errors from before in the error log for broken images in products not related to this problem.
The /var/log folder is the usual place for error logs, e.g. on Ubuntu-based systems it would be in /var/log/apache2/error.log

I have finally located the problem behind this issue, iam using nginx and when i changed my webtemplate to "phpfcgid" for a month ago this created the problem, since then until now recently i havent installed any modules, i was only thinking about the changes i made in the last few days ;D

my website is pretty much heavy in DB when i use the default settings for php handler in my control panel "Vestacp", when i changed it to phpfcgid i noticed a difference in increasing speed, now i changed to phpfcgi and i was able to install modules again.

after reading the documentation on Vestacp website it looks like phpfcgid is used in servers with less than 1gb memory, so maybe the correct choice to use is phpfcgi, anyway thats another topic :)

thanks for all the inputs.

/magzen

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:18 am

Glad to hear it now works.

However, please notice though for anyone who needs help to tell us the whole story, not skipping important details, such as that it was running on nginx rather the normal Apache server in your case.

Guru Member