Post by mrchristo » Fri May 29, 2015 8:24 am

hey guys / gals

Anyone here using Arvixe hosting with OC 2.0.2.0?

I have tried godaddy but it doesnt allow 'custom html blocks' (adds extra html)
also tried cloudflare but it doesnt allow the product images / logo to be uploaded or changed.

I am starting to loose faith in opencart as the smallest thing breaks it and turns it into an idiot shell of a site.

any feedback / experience on Arvixe would be appreciated

thanks

Post by Dhaupin » Fri May 29, 2015 10:56 pm

What are "custom html blocks"? Why would GoDaddy not allow this?

And Cloudflare works fine, sounds like a cache issue to me. Make sure you have everything set up correctly and that no origin side caching mod is preventing the CF cache from properly functioning.

I believe that OC is stable, this all sounds like your host/DNS/routing side to me.

After dealing with a high level dude from Arvixe in PM, i would not recommend them. They are a re-seller of SoftLayer (IBM, which is historically behind and less stable) and the dude has apparent conflict of interest in regards to making profits. Better off going right to SoftLayer to avoid the middleman. I would also not recommend GoDaddy either, they are way too limited to run any kind of CMS until you spend more $$. Then at that price point, GoDaddy stability/speed becomes the issue.

Best host in the word? There are a few, but LiquidWeb are absolute pros. Never had even 1 single issue, even when 2 of their primary routers died for 3 days due to bugged Oracle firmware updates twice in a row. And they get back to you very very fast to solve issues. Storm VPS is quite sweet, especially adding in CloudLinux. We also have a demo account on their "Thun" shared server...its a beast of a server and is NOT overloaded like most of the other hosting companies/re-sellers. Woohoo! http://goo.gl/57OSCz

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by madimar » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi, it seems you are a little bit biased. You could say the same for me too maybe but your argumentations against Arvixe are quite "empty". Do you have any direct experience with their services? Experienced any specific issue?

Let me know, consider that one of Arvixe point of strength is the investments they do to follow their customers directly in message boards/forum as I'm doing now and with their dedicated support team.

Regards,

M

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:36 pm

@mrchristo - We are a recommended hosting partner for OpenCart so we do support all of the system requirements and features they offer. We also have 2 dedicated community liaisons for OpenCart so if you get stuck with anything, they would be more than happy to assist you where they can.

Feel free to email me at alex.al[at]@arvixe.com and I'll be happy to get you setup with us. So you can try us out I can offer your first month at just $1 (excluding a free domain name) or a 25% lifetime discount + a free domain name (all backed by a 60 day money back guarantee).

@Dhaupin - May I ask who you spoke with via PM and when? Arvixe invests more than most (if not all) other hosting providers to ensure optimal performance which includes constant server upgrades (we now have some of the most powerful servers in the industry for budget shared web hosting), ever-expanding support teams, 24/7 quality assurance department, partnerships, community liaisons for popular softwares including OpenCart and so on.

Any company regardless of industry does need to make a profit in order to survive though we do push for customer satisfaction more than anything.

As for reselling Softlayer, we do lease servers in their datacenter though these are very, very powerful dedicated servers. Softlayer does not offer any shared hosting packages so suggesting one to go there doesn't really make sense financially when a shared package would do just fine. Don't forget, it isn't just the server you need to purchase (which alone costs multiple hundreds per month), you need 24/7 support, licenses and so on.

Also maybe you should disclose that the link you posted is an affiliate link which will probably give you credits for your next invoice or a payout via other methods.

HostDash - Blazing Fast OpenCart Hosting. Ranked 4th Best Host on Hostimony

Post by wishmedia » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:17 am

I run multiple dedicated servers through http://soyoustart.com

2x2TB, 16GB RAM, $42.00 CAD / Month

Doesn't get much better than that! 8)

Downside is they don't have a lot of support, but you can go with the next level up ( OVH ) which is also pretty affordable for dedicated.

Before SYS I used iweb which also has better support and is relatively cheap

Post by TheDoctor88 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:40 pm

mrchristo wrote:hey guys / gals

Anyone here using Arvixe hosting with OC 2.0.2.0?

I have tried godaddy but it doesnt allow 'custom html blocks' (adds extra html)
also tried cloudflare but it doesnt allow the product images / logo to be uploaded or changed.

I am starting to loose faith in opencart as the smallest thing breaks it and turns it into an idiot shell of a site.

any feedback / experience on Arvixe would be appreciated

thanks
I just registered with hostforlife.eu. So far so good... The server is also fast.

Post by Monsterjohn » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:15 pm

I joined Arvixe at the beginning of the year for dedicated opencart hosting for 1.5.6. Thought they were great until I loaded up the Journal theme and BAM - slower than 88% of all websites and takes about 11s to load. The Journal theme people and computer guys I know say that the server and bandwidth not up to scratch for opencart (?). I've tweeked opencart as best I can and stripped Journal to almost nothing and still no joy. Arvixe come back and say we can cancel your subscription today. I don't really have an answer to that.

Post by noahatarvixe » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi Monsterjohn,

We are sorry that you have had issues with our support. We would like to know who you spoke with at Arvixe. Please PM me your user name or domain name and our QA team will look into what happened.

Regards,

Noah
Arvixe Representative

T: 1-888-278-4939
F: 805-293-8885

Arvixe, LLC - http://www.arvixe.com
Freedom of the web at your fingertips.

Post by opencartboost » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Arvixe is EIG member. You can search for quality hosting of EIG member or read review at webhostingtalk.

Post by marvmen21 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:37 am

opencartboost wrote:Arvixe is EIG member. You can search for quality hosting of EIG member or read review at webhostingtalk.
Yeah, I was planning to host some of my custs websites with arvixe, but now I just found that EIG bought it last year, and these are really bad news. It is know that when EIG buys a host, it usually becomes a shitty host. Thats what happened to hostgator,for example.
Actually, a customer's website hosted on arvixe was hacked, and their support proved to be really slow and inexperienced, so we are planning to move to another host. But remember, when you decide to move, make sure you research well so that you don't hire an EIG own host, remember they own over 60 host companies.
See here a more detailed article about EIG and a list of hosts they've bought. https://www.reviewhell.com/blog/enduran ... g-hosting/

Regards,

Marvin M

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:23 pm

marvmen21 wrote:
opencartboost wrote:Actually, a customer's website hosted on arvixe was hacked, and their support proved to be really slow and inexperienced, so we are planning to move to another host.
I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our support. We'd love to look into this for you so if possible, can you please provide me with your billing username or a ticket ID?

HostDash - Blazing Fast OpenCart Hosting. Ranked 4th Best Host on Hostimony

Post by kosphil » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Arvixe Worst Host Ever!!!!!!!!! Every Friday cant login to cpanel and site no longer there!!!!!!! Tech Department take hours not to mention days to even look at resolving the problem which they don't!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone recommend an excellent Opencart 2.0 host?

Post by opencartboost » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:19 pm

kosphil wrote:Arvixe Worst Host Ever!!!!!!!!! Every Friday cant login to cpanel and site no longer there!!!!!!! Tech Department take hours not to mention days to even look at resolving the problem which they don't!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone recommend an excellent Opencart 2.0 host?
For shared hosting you can use stablehost.com, veerotech.net, mddhosting.com.
For managed vps hosting you can use knownhost.com. wiredtree.com, and futurehosting.com.

By the way, my website use stablehost, and no problem until now.

Post by markjacks » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Thanks Boost. Do they offer 24/7 support as well?

Post by tinabanana » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:34 am

arvixe is ok with a static site but not opencart, my cart was unusable on there.

i switched to wx hosting and could not be happier.

Post by opencartboost » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:50 am

markjacks wrote:Thanks Boost. Do they offer 24/7 support as well?
Yes, stablehost offer 24/7 support. Response is quick.

Post by monktoast » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:40 am

Arvixe has massive server problems, they disconnected their support phone, chat and tickets dont get answered

Looks like eig is going to pull the plug on arvixe.

Dont EVER sign up to an EIG host.

Post by VictorDrummond » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:00 pm

kosphil wrote: Can anyone recommend an excellent Opencart 2.0 host?
opencartboost wrote:For managed vps hosting you can use knownhost.com.
I've changed host many times over the years...

Now use Knownhost managed VPS SSD and my sites have never been down since...

Awesome host, they own the infrastructure, you get root access - configure whatever you want, wicked fast servers, RAID 10 (4 disk stack) load sharing & redundancy, great support, answer within minutes 24 hrs a day + live forum, excellent value for money for what you get, great people to deal with that truly value their customers...

No I'm not an affiliate, I just love 'em and they deserve and earn their success, not a single issue in two years.

I will be a customer of their's for life... Or at least until EIG buy them.

Hosting for Oc 2.x: Well tested on 2.03.1 including emails work correctly, cPanel Shared or WHM VPS, managed security, fast & reliable SSD drives, Raid 10 /4 disk redundancy, server locale - Texas, contact me to discuss further.

Location - On the balcony slammin' Margaritas

Post by labeshops » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:21 pm

My favorite is Evolve (link in my signature) as they are very knowledgeable about opencart and very responsive, helpful. Also active in the forums here which is a plus.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Johnathan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:42 am

Just want to chime: definitely do NOT go with InMotion Hosting. If you want the full story PM me, but suffice to say they've made some rather large mistakes with my account, and they can't be trusted.

Also, if your domain is registered with MelbourneIT, I'd move away from them ASAP. They're pretty awful to deal with in handling/transferring domains, and have terrible reviews everywhere you look.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator