Post by SteveHale » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:48 pm

I have downloaded and installed this extension.

I also have it on a site we have which is still on Opencart 1.5.

However on the site that Export/Import Tool (V2.26) for OpenCart 2.0.x is installed, which is v 2.0.3 after the installation has completed and we try to go to the inport/export extension to use it we get this error:-

[QUOTE]
Permission Denied!

You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator.
[UNQUOTE]

I think that this is something to do with the permissions in the database but I do not know how to fix this.

Can anyone advise, can the authors advise?

Regards

Steve B

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:01 pm

Please follow the install instructions from the readme.txt which says amongst others this:
In the OpenCart admin backend, do the following steps:

Step 1)
Go to Extensions > Extension Installer

Step 2)
Upload the opencart-2-0-x-export-import-multilingual-2-xx.ocmod.zip

Step 3)
Go to Extensions > Modifications
You should see any entry for this Export/Import tool

Step 4)
Click on the Refresh button (top right of the page)

Step 5)
Go to System > Users > User Group > Edit Administrator

Step 6)
Set access and modify permissions for 'tool/export_import'

That's it!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by hpmon » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:54 am

long story short, set up about 10 products that had two options (size and color) through opencart. Exported To add more products (that didn't have options). Imported the file back in and a few of the products with two options had their size option cleared out. Redid the options, exported and they were removed again on the next import, same products. Made the changes through the excel file, and they didn't go trough. An export shows they were removed. What am I doing wrong?

Post by SteveHale » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Thanks

The readme file was all over the place, in a formatting sense, so it was missed!

Can I use the export from a 1.5 site to import into a V2.0 site??

Thanks

Steve

Post by hostjars » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:15 pm

Hey Steve

We offer a service that will allow you to Import all your products into your V2.0 Site :
http://opencart.hostjars.com/product-fe ... uct_id=227

You would use Anyfeed PRO: http://opencart.hostjars.com/product-feeds/any-feed-pro to Export all your products into a CSV, or XML File, and then you can use our Import tool, Or this import tool you seem to have already bought and installed to Import your products back into your store.

Our demostore for both our Import and Export Products can be found here :) This is so you able to have a look, and a play exporting products
- http://demo.hostjars.com/opencart/admin ... y_feed_pro
- http://demo.hostjars.com/opencart/admin ... tal_import

Kind Regards,

Phill

Mods: Total Import PRO | Any Feed PRO | XML Input PRO |
CSV Import PRO

Post by maxvincent » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:58 am

Same problem, when I get to the Tools > Export/Import window it says Permission Denied.
However I followed all of the steps in the readme:
Steps 1,2,3,4 all done successfully. After I refresh (Step 4) I see the message: " Success: You have modified modifications!"
But then I go to step 5, and tool/export_import does not show up on the list. So I cant do step 6.
Just to be on the safe side, I clicked Select all for both the access permission and modify permission, saved it, and still have permission denied on the Tools > Export/Import window.
Help?

Post by teejay777 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:01 pm

I too get Permission Denied and have followed the written instructions to the tee. As has maxvincent. I would really appreciate any assistance with this matter.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:08 am

At the danger of repeating myself: The most likely reason for the installation problems, e.g. Permission Denied error, is because the actual files were uploaded to the wrong place, this could happen when the FTP root has been set to the wrong value, or when it is not set at all!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by teejay777 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:49 pm

JNewhoff you are a star!! I'd set my FTP root to the wrong value! Everything now works. Thank you kindly.

Post by galaxyre » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:41 am

My issue with this extension is that I can export fine. No issues. But when I try to import the changes I made, nothing gets updated. However, it states that the upload was successful.

Should I have FTP enabled in OC in order for this to work? I tried enabling to see, but still didn't work. If I do not need FTP enabled in OC, then I'd like to disable for security purposes.

Thank you.

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:57 pm

galaxyre wrote:My issue with this extension is that I can export fine. No issues. But when I try to import the changes I made, nothing gets updated. However, it states that the upload was successful.

Should I have FTP enabled in OC in order for this to work? I tried enabling to see, but still didn't work. If I do not need FTP enabled in OC, then I'd like to disable for security purposes.

Thank you.
I am unable to reproduce your error because you are not providing enough details. My guess is you might have different languages, but haven't the admin backend language also enabled for the frontend, which can cause your problem. Also check your OpenCart logs for any messages.

Guru Member

Post by xinxilas » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Hello friend!

Im using your Export/Import Tool (V2.27) for OpenCart.

Could you create an feature that ignores headers names when importing data?

Example, this the normal readers format:

Code: Select all

product_id | name(pt-br) | categories | sku .....
So if i want to create an new header(for creating and editing products/categories using excel purposes) that would be ignored while importing(so i would not receive this error:
Export/Import: Invalid header in the Products worksheet)
i could do this:

product_id | name(pt-br) | INGORE.NAME | categories
1          | IPHONE      | xinxilas    | 1,2
Maybe you can do it checking of the reader got "IGNORE" on its name

Why?
Ill try to explain:
All my products names and datas are coming from another source
Example:

product_id         | name(pt-br)        | INGORE.NAME | categories
=ANOTHER.SOURCE!A2 | =ANOTHER.SOURCE!B2 | xinxilas    | 1,2
But some fields i would like to override using IGNORE.NAME cells
So the "name(pt-br)" rows will be =ANOTHER.SOURCE!A2 only if the IGNORE.NAME is empty, but if IGNORE.NAME cell have some name, it will use IGNORE.NAME cell as reference(using some excel formula)

it would be perfect, im trying to control my categories and products using excel + your extension, its so much easier for dynamic reading and etc..

Post by diytools » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:25 am

some help need for install in local wamp server

Attachments

wrong.jpg

wrong.jpg (369.9 KiB) Viewed 13489 times

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:59 pm

diytools wrote:some help need for install in local wamp server
You need to sort out your FTP Root setting at

System > Settings > edit Store > FTP

Guru Member

Post by rlogan1301 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:59 pm

I am trying to install import\export extension and i keep getting this error

Could not upload file /home/www/catolicosonline.org/opencart2015/system/storage/upload/temp-r3HXtmx4jRkx0I5BRLD3TMHAsUsbnsuV/upload/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/Escher/DggContainer/BstoreContainer/BSE/Blip.php

any help appreciated

Version 2.1.0.1

TIA

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:12 am

rlogan1301 wrote:I am trying to install import\export extension and i keep getting this error

Could not upload file /home/www/catolicosonline.org/opencart2015/system/storage/upload/temp-r3HXtmx4jRkx0I5BRLD3TMHAsUsbnsuV/upload/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/Escher/DggContainer/BstoreContainer/BSE/Blip.php

any help appreciated

Version 2.1.0.1

TIA
You need to sort out your Opencart extension installer, as you might get the same error for other ocmod-based extensions. In particular, there is something wrong with your system/storage/upload folder.

Guru Member

Post by dhavalpateloo7 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 am

Is it possible to ad one new field of user id in export import of products?
I am using opencart 2.3.0.2.
I am using multi vendor extension. So, while importing products in bulk I want to mention user id.

Post by armonyy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi , have a Question.
My opencart version 2.0.3.1
And installed export/import tool v2.1.0.0 .
Now how remove full install?
Becasue i dont see it modules or extensions.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:05 am

It should be in the 'System > Tools > Export/Import' menu.

Guru Member