Post by indicsoft » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi,
I want to remove Featured, latest, Latest by category, specials product Description on home page of opencart 2.0.1.1. I just want to display only Product Image, price, Add to cart, wish list, compare.
Please help me to this problem. how do i solve it.

Thanks in Advance.

Post by giproc » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:40 am

Hi Indicsoft. Did you ever find a solution for controlling where the product short descriptions are displayed and not displayed.

We can hack it out of the code by modifying some files, but since we're running multi-store I'd like to have a method to surpress the description depending on A) the store and B) the view (ie Category list, specials, featured, etc.)

Anyone have a suggested extension? We'll gladly buy one but we can find any.

Post by giproc » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:41 am

Any luck finding a solution?

Post by straightlight » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:31 am

This is a very simplistic solution. To remove the description from modules. By using a custom theme, simply find in your catalog/theme/<your_theme>/template/module folder each of the subject lines mentioned above with:

Code: Select all

<p><?php echo $product['description']; ?></p>
remove the line from each subjects. This should resolved the problem.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by giproc » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Thanks Straightlight. Worked fine for me.

I'm getting PHP Notice: Undefined index: description in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_modification_catalog_view_theme_default_template_product_category.tpl on line 100

PHP Notice: Undefined index: status in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_modification_catalog_controller_common_column_left.php on line 212

and a few others. Must have chopped a little deep!! At least it's working without the hideous descriptions!

Cheers.

Post by straightlight » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:19 pm

VQCache errors are part of installed contributions from XML files. Not part of the core.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON