Post by ddcarobs » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:33 am

I have had this module for a while and it was working without issue. Out of the blue, without any changes on my end, it just started defaulting to the highest shipping rate. I was using regional rate boxes A, B, and C, but only C is showing up now. You suggested the answer might be in the first post, but does that also apply to situations where it was working at first? I do use a custom template that I purchased from opencast. If you point me to where I can find my error logs, I will post them here as well.

I should note that removing the Regional Rate Box A, B and C options and just using the priority shipping options somewhat "alleviates the problem", in that the shipping cost is not astronomical, but we would prefer to use the online rates if possible. Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
ddcarobs

Post by JeffroDH » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:51 am

USPS has started to use the package size to restrict shipping methods. Others having similar issues have had success changing the package dimensions in the USPS settings.

Post by thehoneyjar » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:47 am

Issue: With this mod installed the "Get Quotes" button on the shopping cart page does not calculate anything.

I cleared the cache, cleared the error logs, uninstalled, reinstalled to see if it replicated the issue. It did.

However nothing showed up in the error logs. I think something in the xml file is preventing the "get quotes" button from pulling any data.

Running opencart 2.0.1.1
Pavilion Theme by Theme Burn
No errors in either the vqmod log or the opencart error log

Pulls quotes just fine when checking out.

Any ideas?

Kyle K.
The Honey Jar
Delicious Pure Raw Honey from Honeyville, UT
http://thehoneyjarhome.com

Location - Honeyville, UT

Post by JeffroDH » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:20 am

Are you having the same issue without this mod installed?

Post by thehoneyjar » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:56 am

No, I deleted the mod from the directory and tested to make sure and once the file is removed the "get quotes" feature works as normal.

Kyle K.
The Honey Jar
Delicious Pure Raw Honey from Honeyville, UT
http://thehoneyjarhome.com

Location - Honeyville, UT

Post by JeffroDH » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:02 am

Will you check your server error logs?

Post by ddcarobs » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:45 am

what package dimensions should i use? I entered the package dimensions for the Regional Rate A box...

Post by JeffroDH » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:20 am

I entered 1x1x1 for testing,but that may not return accurate rates for all shipping methods.

I'm currently working on an implementation of a 3D bin packing algorithm that will deal with this problem appropriately. Until then, or until USPS changes the API again, it's going to require some experimentation
Last edited by JeffroDH on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ddcarobs » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:40 am

OK. I'll report back when I try it. Thanks.

Post by bkpie » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:51 am

Hi I figured out I had to put 1 x 5 x 8 into the size in order to get small to show. Just moving over to OC from OSC. Do you think you will ever put insurance into the extension. I did a long time ago in one of the osc contributions. Selling wholesale and them only getting a $5.75 quote on an expensive package is a bit scary.

Post by MTUNIFORMS » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:27 pm

Hi
I purchased your extension, had our hosting company install it but still do not see Priority Mail International for a test order to Canada
Using OC 2.0.3.1
Thanks,
Bill

Post by JeffroDH » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:18 am

MTUNIFORMS wrote:Hi
I purchased your extension, had our hosting company install it but still do not see Priority Mail International for a test order to Canada
Using OC 2.0.3.1
Thanks,
Bill
This is usually caused by a package size or weight that's outside the USPS limits for that particular shipping method.

Post by JeffroDH » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:19 am

bkpie wrote:Hi I figured out I had to put 1 x 5 x 8 into the size in order to get small to show. Just moving over to OC from OSC. Do you think you will ever put insurance into the extension. I did a long time ago in one of the osc contributions. Selling wholesale and them only getting a $5.75 quote on an expensive package is a bit scary.

It's on my list of things to do.

Post by MTUNIFORMS » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:46 pm

Do you have a suggested size?

Post by JeffroDH » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:31 pm

I would put in something a bit smaller than your average shipping size. You can view the size limits for various methods
at USPS.com

Post by JeffroDH » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:05 pm

MTUNIFORMS wrote:Hi
Using OC 2.0.3.1
Thanks,
Bill
For everyone's reference, MTUNIFORMS' issue was caused by a previously modified usps.php file.

If you've had previous modifications done, back up your file and restore the stock file before applying this mod! If you need help with custom integration or features, fee-based support is available.

Included in this PSA is a friendly reminder to read the first post in this thread thoroughly. Greater than 8/10 issues can be solved with the information in that post (and it's updated as new information comes to light).

Post by MTUNIFORMS » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:52 am

HI Jeff,
The extension appears to be working fine but I have 2 questions.
1 - Should there still be info in the error log, I have deleted it but I just checked and there is more
2 - The zip code is not showing up on invoices in the address field, it just says zipcode in brackets, does this have something to do withe the ext?
Thanks again,
Bill
M.T. Uniforms

Post by JeffroDH » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:36 am

Disable the debug mode in the US PS admin settings. And no I have not seen that behavior with the extension.

Post by kevtheirish » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:42 am

Stupid q

Running 2.0.2.0

store 1 - package size up to 18x18x15

store 2 - package size up to 14x12x4

If I enter 18x18x15 in USPS ship mod. it will not display ANY first class rates (even for products that fit in this sizewise)
If I enter 14x12x4x in USPS ship mod, but set product to 18x18x15, it still shows 1st class, even thought the Dims are too big for a first class package. Is there a fix for this, or is it simply I loose out on 1st class international on both stores due to box sizes going bigger than first class allowable dims?

Post by JeffroDH » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:13 am

kevtheirish wrote:Stupid q

Running 2.0.2.0

store 1 - package size up to 18x18x15

store 2 - package size up to 14x12x4

If I enter 18x18x15 in USPS ship mod. it will not display ANY first class rates (even for products that fit in this sizewise)
If I enter 14x12x4x in USPS ship mod, but set product to 18x18x15, it still shows 1st class, even thought the Dims are too big for a first class package. Is there a fix for this, or is it simply I loose out on 1st class international on both stores due to box sizes going bigger than first class allowable dims?
Not a stupid question. The USPS module that comes with OC, by default uses the package size defined in the USPS settings. There is no packing algorithm, it just assumes everything fits.

I have a project (on the back burner) that is attempting to incorporate a 3D box packing algorithm AND allow the store owner to define preset box sizes, so as to find the most efficient shipping solutions. The algorithm I am using will pack everything into the smallest box where everything will fit, until it requires more than one of the largest packages available.

I believe that there are shipping modules available that allow much more flexibility, but I have no experience with any of them.