Post by fokz8 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Hey there. I have many categories on my page in opencart, and when i switch from categories to categories, the products gets displayed on the same page and list-group (categories) bars, stays on left to navigate.

Then i have manufacturers category, where u can select manufacturer on dropdown..but as soon as i select manufacturer, it displays all the products of the selected manufacturer, but in new page, which means there's no navigation bar on left anymore.

Can you guys help me fix that?

Case1: working

http://i.imgur.com/pKqTGd2.jpg

Case2: opens in new page

http://i.imgur.com/WuDo98b.jpg

Code: Select all

<div class="list-group">
<h3 id="znamkaLevo"><?php echo $heading_title; ?></h3>

Code: Select all

<select onchange="gobrandpage(this.value)" class="form-control">
  	<?php foreach ($manufacturers as $manufacturer) { ?>
    <option value="<?php echo $manufacturer['href']; ?>" <?php if ($manufacturer['manufacturer_id'] == $manufacturer_id){ echo "SELECTED"; } ?> class="list-group-item active"><?php echo $manufacturer['name']; ?></option>
    <?php } ?>

</select>
</div>
<script>
	function gobrandpage(id){
		window.location.href=id;
	}
</script>

Post by straightlight » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:38 pm

In the default template, the left and right column are correctly initiated. Since you're using a custom theme, if you switch back to the default template and retry the same steps with the manufacturers, do you notice the same results compared to your custom theme?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by fokz8 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:11 am

straightlight wrote:In the default template, the left and right column are correctly initiated. Since you're using a custom theme, if you switch back to the default template and retry the same steps with the manufacturers, do you notice the same results compared to your custom theme?
it's not a custom theme. it's default that was redisgned with css.

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:43 pm

The default theme should not be modified in any way. By keeping the default template as is and to have a custom theme under its own folder allows posters to test and compare the results to what they are reporting on the forum.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON