Post by Qphoria » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:53 pm

Bingo! 8)

Administrator

Post by AvanOsch » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:10 am

I've been too busy to develop in OpenCart for a while, and am really confused by the choice of creating a separate engine for OpenCart...
As far as I have seen, nobody is happy with this choice.
I would have loved to see vQMod integrated into OpenCart.
Why re-invent the wheel?
Also, why make the wheel less round? ("OCMOD was created as a simplified cut down version of VQMOD" - WHY?!?)

To quote the upgrade.txt file included with OpenCart >= 2.0.0.0:
"12. If you use vQmod (by now everyone should be)"

However, the OCMOD option to have an install & sql file with the extension is a nice feature.
I always had to write separate code to do some initial installing, which would be solved by these installation files.

Daniel made a good choice to integrate a mod-system into OpenCart, just a bad choice to not just use vQMod.
OCMOD would have gotten a great cheer from the community if that were the case...

Post by Qphoria » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:44 pm

AvanOsch wrote: However, the OCMOD option to have an install & sql file with the extension is a nice feature.
I always had to write separate code to do some initial installing, which would be solved by these installation files.
I added the option for custom install functions at the extension level back in 1.4.7, so if you are installing extensions you can simply add an install() function in the admin controller and put your sql commands there.

For vQmod you can do something similar by adding a sql "create if not exist" to something like the admin home page and just tell people to visit the admin dashboard once to have the new sql stuff setup.

Administrator